Bob 145.313
Magracer 1'47.893

so what'll it be this week DIno?

lightweight
08-08-2005, 09:58 AM
This is getting rather frustrating....

Bob
08-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Ok guys... new plan. Jack can only drive in reverse, and must follow posted speed limits at all time, in addition to stopping for all traffic lights. For the rest of us, all mods will be allowed, including rocket-assist devices, turbine engines, and even (drumroll) NOS.

Dino Scuderia
08-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I did a 1.42.2xx but didn't want to turn that time in because the walls got too much paint on them on that one.

Ah well....on to #6.

6'bore
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Step back for a little while Jack, let the competition really begin.

magracer
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Magracer may not be able to answer your messages as he is busy at this time looking for cheats and tricks on the internet (for GT4)... I mean, six seconds, there is no way I can make that up with out cheating!!!

Practice makes master, so on to the next one... nevertheless it will be mid 2006 when I´ll be finally challenging the fastest of you (and by then you all probably had migrated to GT5, or TOCA 3).

Since getting to the top places for me is going to take a while, I´m going to try and recruit new (fast, non cheating) members.

So, what will it be?

Mag

6'bore
08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I tried last weeks challenge about fifteen minutes ago and did a low 1.43, pretty quick form this weeks results.

Dino Scuderia
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
So SIMPLETON, what are the point standings? Or is it all totally screwed from the data crash?

SIMPLETON
08-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Basically, yes the points are completely screwed. But you will see the points have returned, and you will see them next week. Although, they will all be a significantly smaller number

my porsche
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
why do i keep getting forgotten?

1'45.42!

there was a data crash?

SIMPLETON
08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
why do i keep getting forgotten? Not my problem.

there was a data crash? You know that thing that happens every now and then. Where you type up your whole long meaningless post/thread, and then you click submit, and then it takes you to the page where it says 'invalid post specified'. Well, thats what happened.

my porsche
08-08-2005, 03:45 PM
ohhh i thought he ment the site crashed :p

Dino Scuderia
08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Congrats Jack!

You are keeping us in suspense about the next challenge, eh?

my porsche
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
yeah congrats, you smoked us again!! :D

and may i add dino that your avatar is the first time ive been hypnotised by that motion :p

shockwaveracing
08-09-2005, 01:40 AM
You know that thing that happens every now and then. Where you type up your whole long meaningless post/thread, and then you click submit, and then it takes you to the page where it says 'invalid post specified'. Well, thats what happened.

nope dunno what ya mean, never had that happen before...

Dino Scuderia
08-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Maybe Jack keeps bypassing this thread because it's titled Round 5 instead of 6.

Jack_Bauer
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry guys, but I'm Playstationless for a couple of days so I'm not gonna be able to set a challenge for at least a couple of days. :(

Maybe whoever was second in the last challenge, or is second in the rankings, can set the challenge this time. I guess that's SIMPLETON's prerogative to decide. :)

SIMPLETON
08-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Maybe Jack keeps bypassing this thread because it's titled Round 5 instead of 6. oops. fixed now.
I suppose I'll give this one to Dino. So whats it gonna be?

challenger
08-09-2005, 12:21 PM
i think il enter this week, i dont come on here as much so i havent seen these comps.

Dino Scuderia
08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
oops. fixed now.
I suppose I'll give this one to Dino. So whats it gonna be?

I'd be honored to, you're such a fine bunch of racers...

Going back to a smaller displacement lightweight car this time...the Lotus Elise 111R...if you don't have it....it isn't very expensive and if you need to make some easy money real quick just PM me and I'll tell you how.

I noticed the Elise will still drift even with the ASM and TCS on which makes it fun and challenging....also it isn't super fast but not slow either.

Mode: Arcade

Track: Trial Mountain-reverse direction

Car: Lotus Elise 111R

Tires: Soft as you want

Unlimited Quick Tuning allowed

Driving Aids optional

Enjoy! :)

6'bore
08-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Great challenge, not some over powered car with no driving aids.

challenger
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
does unlimited quick tuning mean we can tune it up as much as we want?

thanks

6'bore
08-09-2005, 01:30 PM

thanks

Get a dictionary and look up "unlimited" :rolleyes:

challenger
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
how long do we have, until we have to submit a time?

Dino Scuderia
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
how long do we have, until we have to submit a time?

PM your best time in to SIMPLETON before midnite Sunday.

New Challenges start on Monday.

We do NOT discuss lap times here in the forum til the end of the Cahllenge.

Here are the rules:

* Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
* The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
* If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
* You will PM your best time to SIMPLETON.
* You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.
* The only member(s) who may post their time before Comp. is over, are:
o My Porsche
* The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
* If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
* If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
* Scoring goes like this:
o 1st place recieves 10 points.
o 2nd place get 8.
o 3rd gets 6.
o 4th gets 4.
o 5nd gets 2.
o Everybody else recieves 1 point.
o There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

Please take note of the new rules. No.5 and 6

Dino Scuderia
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM

thanks

EDIT: can we use NOS?

Unlimited means you can tune up as much as you want...and NOS is not available in Arcade Mode.

challenger
08-09-2005, 02:34 PM
yep, i dont go on it much and i have only just noticed the quick tune options.

thanks

SIMPLETON
08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
ok everybody, tomorrow is the deadline. So get your times in soon.

Jack_Bauer
08-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, as I said earlier I've been Playstationless most of this week as I've spent most evenings helping the g/f move into her new flat. I really haven't had much time to play at all, tho I might be able to put in a few laps before deadline time tomorrow.

Basically this is gonna be as good a chance as you guys have had to beat me thus far, so I hope you've all been practicing! ;)

Bob
08-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Mines broken so I'm out for this week too... I'm afraid to send it in for repairs because I replaced the laser in there about a month ago, and they'll know its not the same laser that was supposed to be in there. BTW this happened because I smacked it into the side of the tv really hard after opening it up to fix optical out- now it refuses to read any disc.

Rockefella
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Mines broken so I'm out for this week too... I'm afraid to send it in for repairs because I replaced the laser in there about a month ago, and they'll know its not the same laser that was supposed to be in there. BTW this happened because I smacked it into the side of the tv really hard after opening it up to fix optical out- now it refuses to read any disc.
Take it apart and put it back together, that's how I fixed my friend's, and now I get to keep it. Just clean the optical eye of the laser, make sure the disc-drive is in good shape, and double-check the power/drive cables. It'll probably work then.

HOWEVER! once you take off the top/bottom, the warranty is void, so be careful.

Dino Scuderia
08-14-2005, 03:58 AM

Sounds like a perfect excuse to get a PS3!
:p

challenger
08-14-2005, 07:03 AM
i have already pm'd my time but i have just done an awsome one in the very very low 1.32's

so can i use that or not

thanks.

Dino Scuderia
08-14-2005, 07:19 AM
i have already pm'd my time but i have just done an awsome one in the very very low 1.32's

so can i use that or not

thanks.

Sure, go ahead and PM it, the deadline is midnite.

6'bore
08-14-2005, 12:25 PM
S*** I forgot.

Dino Scuderia
08-14-2005, 12:32 PM
S*** I forgot.

Forgot what?

Bob
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Take it apart and put it back together, that's how I fixed my friend's, and now I get to keep it. Just clean the optical eye of the laser, make sure the disc-drive is in good shape, and double-check the power/drive cables. It'll probably work then.

HOWEVER! once you take off the top/bottom, the warranty is void, so be careful.

Thats what I was doing when I broke it, I said in my post I've already opened it and replaced the laser with a new one (in my kitchen) but when I smacked it into tv something broke- so im pretty much screwed.

Rockefella
08-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Thats what I was doing when I broke it, I said in my post I've already opened it and replaced the laser with a new one (in my kitchen) but when I smacked it into tv something broke- so im pretty much screwed.
Oh, I figured you sent it to a repair shop/Sony to get it replaced.

Dino Scuderia
08-15-2005, 02:00 PM
How's the data looking this week, SIMPLETON?

Bob
08-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm giving 10:1 odds on Jack Bauer $50 min bet any takers? ;)

Dino Scuderia
08-15-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm giving 10:1 odds on Jack Bauer $50 min bet any takers? ;)

Yeah, I had to laugh when he came on here 'sandbagging' about not having time to practice...he prolly had it nailed on lap 3.