PDA

View Full Version : Blinkers Dont Work Truck Won't Start

beejium
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
1982 gmc s15 no blinkers, fuses relays are good. ohms tester shows 1.36 volts in the fuse socket. also won't start ANY IDEAS?

baddabang
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
um do you need a new blinker unit? and how do you mean it wont start? does it turn over? You need to be a bit more specific, BTW welcome to UCP

EDIT: woot #2000 :D

Quiggs
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Have you checked your blinker fluid reservoir?

Might be a dead battery.

baddabang
08-09-2005, 02:17 PM

Never thought of that ;)

LotusLocost
08-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Ahhhh.. a classic... :D :D :D

beejium
08-09-2005, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=baddabang]um do you need a new blinker unit? and how do you mean it wont start? does it turn over? You need to be a bit more specific, BTW welcome to UCP

EDIT: woot #2000 :D[/QUOTE

this is kinda long and confusing but here goes. i replaced the wiper switch b/c they stopped working. it wasn't the switch, it was the ground on the wiper moter. i fixed the ground and the wipers work fine. some how when i was working on the wiper switch the turn signals went out. i tried the switch from another s10 and i got the same resaults(hazzards but no turn signal). i switched the relays to ones that i knew worked. i also replaced the ignition and the dimmer b/c they sometimes worked. the dimmer works great now and the ignition switch will turn the engine over every time but won't start it.
any ideas why the fusebox terminal is bearly pushing 1.5v on the blinkers when everything else, including the hazzard are at 12v?
:confused:

pimento
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Get the whole car re-wired. Failing that, learn the correct hand signals.

beejium
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Get the whole car re-wired. Failing that, learn the correct hand signals.

was hoping i didn't have to go to that extreme...

beejium
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i'd like to thank everyone for there input, i fixed the problem at 1:11 am probably pissed off the neighbors when she started, but they will get over it. it turned out to be a bad ignition switch ground. hmmm what's this wire do? zzzzap rum rummmm and tick tick from the turn signals!!!!

and to think i was looking for a rag and lighter