PDA

View Full Version : What is this car?

dracu777
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
It has an interesting hood ornament, that I have never seen before. By the way, don't you just hate websites that make a whole hoopla about them having gone to car shows, etc, and they are proud of their pictures and so on and so forth...and in the end, they do not have one caption indicating what car it is. Now...by no means am I a car rookie, perhaps that's why it is frustrating when I see a car for the first time, and I do not know what I am looking at. BLAH!!

dracu777
08-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Here is the hood ornament

henk4
08-09-2005, 11:54 PM
By the way, don't you just hate websites that make a whole hoopla about them having gone to car shows, etc, and they are proud of their pictures and so on and so forth...and in the end, they do not have one caption indicating what car it is.

you must be glad then that you came on UCP :D . Was this pic taken at Meadowbrook last weekend?

Revo
08-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Here is the hood ornament
I think the Gallic rooster is not an original hood ornament, since it looks more like a piece of art.

The car is clearly American and the wheel hubs show big red H, the symbol of Hupmobile.

And it is owned by a cock-a-hoop Frenchman :D

Edit: precise answer to your question is 1931 Hupmobile Century Eight Phaeton

dracu777
08-10-2005, 07:15 AM
No the pic was taken at last year's Meadowbrook. Thanks a lot Revo.

Duesey
08-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah, that is a Hupmobile. The hood ornament is Lalique, that specific piece if La Tete de Coq, it was not what the car was originally equipped with.