PDA

View Full Version : Do you like reading books??

Swissbeatz
01-29-2004, 09:45 AM
I have created this thread for sharing title of good books.
I don't like reading books but since 2 months, I have read 2 books. And they have changed my life, the way I think and many others.
I want to share it with you. The first book is:
"Milionaire mind" from Thomas J. Stanley. (That's a very very good book. You will think different after have read it. There are many things in this world and we don't know how we can get them. This book will not learn you how to become rich but it will give you a positive mind.)

The second book is:
"Rich dad, Poor dad" from Robert kiyosaki. (That's my favorite book, it has changed my mind and my life certainly.)

I want you to buy these books, if you have time. If you have not finished the school it will show you the best way to take for your profesional life.

If I post this thread here it's because I love this forum and I think everybody here has a chance to become what he wants. Just beleive in your dreams and work hard for them. Don't believe people who always want to break your dreams. There are broke.

Thank you.

Brabus
01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Thank you very much Swiss.

I love books and I think I will buy your books. That's awesome.

Pliz
01-30-2004, 12:19 AM
nice to see you two are sweet now....besides they dont have those books in new zealand so i cant get it :(

Swissbeatz
01-30-2004, 09:30 AM
So I have noticed that nobody is interested.

crisis
02-01-2004, 11:52 PM
The second book is:
"Rich dad, Poor dad" from Robert kiyosaki. (That's my favorite book, it has changed my mind and my life certainly.)

I want you to buy these books, if you have time. If you have not finished the school it will show you the best way to take for your profesional life.

If I post this thread here it's because I love this forum and I think everybody here has a chance to become what he wants. Just beleive in your dreams and work hard for them. Don't believe people who always want to break your dreams. There are broke.

Thank you.
I have read this and it is inspirational to a degree. Im impressed you have put it into practice. You need to start this at an age where you are not comitted to anyone or anything particularly. Although he gives you ideas to get out of debt I really think that if you are too far down the track it is hard to put into practice. Im certainly not in agreement with his "make friends that can be valuable in a business sense" attitude. He rekons he ditched his old friends for people who were better suited to his business prospects. I coudlnt do that.

NAZCA C2
02-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I never used to read books (except when I had to for school) until I read Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. This book rules, if you have never read this book I strongly suggest that you do, you won't be dissapointed. I then read several more books by Tom Clancy such as The Hunt for Red October, SSN, and Clear and Present Danger. Pretty much all of Clancy's books are great especially Rainbow Six. I also have read the entire Rogue Warrior series by Richard Marcinko. The Rogue Warrior series is all about counterterrorism and the Navy Seals as told by ex-Navy Seal Richard Marcinko. This series is good for people that don't read a lot. Thats about all the stuff that I have read over the past couple of years.

crisis
02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I never used to read books (except when I had to for school) until I read Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. This book rules, if you have never read this book I strongly suggest that you do, you won't be dissapointed. I then read several more books by Tom Clancy such as The Hunt for Red October, SSN, and Clear and Present Danger. Pretty much all of Clancy's books are great especially Rainbow Six. I also have read the entire Rogue Warrior series by Richard Marcinko. The Rogue Warrior series is all about counterterrorism and the Navy Seals as told by ex-Navy Seal Richard Marcinko. This series is good for people that don't read a lot. Thats about all the stuff that I have read over the past couple of years.
Rainbow six is the best Clancy book so far. Ive read a lot of his but that one is my favorite. Its a little dated now because of the subject nature but nevertheless is brilliant. Im patiently awaiting a sequel in that series. If you liked the book play the computer games.

HoldenHFV6
02-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I have read a few books by Matthew Reilly. His style is fiction, but it is written like a person in year 10 writes a book. They are all about military, mainly US, and are full of action. They are easy reads and lots of fun.
Another good author is Geoffrey Archer. He writes about military as well. I am reading Shadow Hunter right now which is about a rouge HMAS submarine going to shot Russians.
Then there are the science books that I read. My favorite books are Stephens Hawkin's "Universe in a nut shell" and "Brief history of time". These books completely screw with your head and make you think about things in a total different way.
Another guy called Brian Green, who is an expert in string theory, has a good book called "The elegant universe". Again, this books screws with your mind and also challenges the views of the two books mentioned by Stephen Hawkins.

NAZCA C2
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Rainbow six is the best Clancy book so far. Ive read a lot of his but that one is my favorite. Its a little dated now because of the subject nature but nevertheless is brilliant. Im patiently awaiting a sequel in that series. If you liked the book play the computer games.

I'm playing Tom Clancy's Raven Shield right now, this game is great!

crisis
02-04-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm playing Tom Clancy's Raven Shield right now, this game is great!
When your finished try Ghost Recon.

crisis
02-04-2004, 04:29 PM
I have read a few books by Matthew Reilly. His style is fiction, but it is written like a person in year 10 writes a book. They are all about military, mainly US, and are full of action. They are easy reads and lots of fun.
I agree, a good ride but a little fantastic to be taken seriously. He is only in his early twenties though I think.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
has anyone read any Star Trek novels? don't just say NERD right off the bat, most of them are engaging and full of action, even if you don't like Star Trek, or know anything about Star Trek they are good books.
i'm also reading the fellowship of the ring right now.
one book I strongly recommend is Watership Down.

NoOne
02-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Watership Down? ... isn't that the story of some rabbits or something along that line? .. I'm sure I read it probably before my teens, some twenty years ago, come to think of it I may even have it stored in a box for my kids when they get a bit older. :)

crisis
02-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Watership Down? ... isn't that the story of some rabbits or something along that line? .. I'm sure I read it probably before my teens, some twenty years ago, come to think of it I may even have it stored in a box for my kids when they get a bit older. :)
I avoided reading it when I was in high school but like most things when your a teenager if it aint about pussy or cars or music its not intereting. I belive watership downs is a bit of a metaphor type story like animal farm.

mr bill
02-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Anything by Michael Critchon is pretty good. I'm reading some stuff by Robert J. Sawyer at the moment, who, despite his blatant Canadian propaganda and bias, is pretty good as well.

Falcon500
02-06-2004, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=Batmobile_Turbo]has anyone read any Star Trek novels? don't just say NERD right off the bat, most of them are engaging and full of action, even if you don't like Star Trek, or know anything about Star Trek they are good books.
i'm also reading the fellowship of the ring right now.[QUOTE]
I wont scream nerd if you dont i actually read alot of fantasy mostly dragon lance novels somthing i gained when me and some mates decided to take an intrest in eachothers hobbys...hes now a chrysler fan his brother a ford fan and ive now have an intrest in books...everyone gained somthing from that.
I also readsome war novels (nothing that really stood out) and i read alot of my old mans books too alot of australian folklore and books about this vast country of ours as well as the vast majority of my books a hell of a lot of car books.
Im currently reading Bathurst 87/88 the group A/world championship years which actually has all the races documented in it. And crisis a book id suggest to you its an oldie as far as content is concerned but a book called Aussie cars which documents every Australian (or above70%local content up till 88) and starts from the 1880 Gilgen.

Wheelman
02-07-2004, 07:24 AM
I have created this thread for sharing title of good books.
I don't like reading books but since 2 months, I have read 2 books. And they have changed my life, the way I think and many others.
I want to share it with you. The first book is:
"Milionaire mind" from Thomas J. Stanley. (That's a very very good book. You will think different after have read it. There are many things in this world and we don't know how we can get them. This book will not learn you how to become rich but it will give you a positive mind.)

The second book is:

Thank you.

If you're really into books about monetary ideas, you should check out a book called "The Richest Man in Babylon". I think you'll enjoy it.

Swissbeatz
02-07-2004, 08:41 AM
If you're really into books about monetary ideas, you should check out a book called "The Richest Man in Babylon". I think you'll enjoy it.

Yes I know this book, have you read it? How is it? I have read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" from Robert kiyosaky. that's a really good book.