PDA

View Full Version : Finished* Ferrari 550 Maranello

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 08:28 AM
This is the new Fujimi kit painted with MCW #2034 metallic blue lacquer and cleared with Tamiya TS-13. I used the full Maisto interior just for fun, it looks pretty good but a bit bulky in some areas. The rear brake light didn't match up with the window section for it so I just blacked out the window there. I had to flatten the chassis area where the interior sits and extend the rear shelf area all the way around. Interior colors are custom mixed Acryl creme and Acryl Emporer Blue. I used a medium blue flocking for the carpet.

Brakes are alclad chrome, and since the calipers were too I painted them with clear blue to give them the anodized look, wheels are from the 575M kit.

I put adhesive backed chrome mylar behind the headlights for more reflection.

Overall a nice kit, will do more to the 575.

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 08:31 AM
More piccies.

Esperante
08-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Wow, what a beautiful colour. Excellent job. :)
Don't worry about the flocking, looks fantastic.
In the last pic it looks like the glass piece didn't fit in all the way. But it's only a common problem in Fujimis and a wonderfully built kit. :)

sleekeywoowoo
08-10-2005, 08:40 AM
wow the colour is amazing,i also like the white interior, goood job.

man 430gt
08-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Great job, can't blame you though for the miss fit of the glass....it kinda looks like the f40 that way:p

Great job anyway!

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Wow, what a beautiful colour. Excellent job. :)
Don't worry about the flocking, looks fantastic.
In the last pic it looks like the glass piece didn't fit in all the way. But it's only a common problem in Fujimis and a wonderfully built kit. :)

Thanks all!

Yeah, the glass fit isn't great, it should be pretty much flush fit on this car but Fujimi seemed to have undersized it a bit.

henk4
08-10-2005, 08:55 AM
great stuff as usual. just a question, with which colour will you start accentuating the panel lines? I am working on a yellow Modena, and that might need to have that treatment, although I am not too fond of it.

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 09:05 AM
great stuff as usual. just a question, with which colour will you start accentuating the panel lines? I am working on a yellow Modena, and that might need to have that treatment, although I am not too fond of it.

The panel lines are done, it just disappears in pics on some cars, this car looks very different to the naked eye. I'm camera shopping now, hopefully pics will improve.

Normally my panel line wash is a mix of Tamiya smoke, flat base, flat black, clear and thinner.

henk4
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM
The panel lines are done, it just disappears in pics on some cars, this car looks very different to the naked eye. I'm camera shopping now, hopefully pics will improve.

Normally my panel line wash is a mix of Tamiya smoke, flat base, flat black, clear and thinner.

running a very diluted X18 would probably give too much accent

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
running a very diluted X18 would probably give too much accent

On yellow it would for sure, of course lighter colors are hardest because of that.

qmonoid
08-10-2005, 10:52 AM
great car fantastic job, how about a step by step photo shoot,
did you use any buffing compound on the clear coat?

Dino Scuderia
08-10-2005, 11:01 AM
great car fantastic job, how about a step by step photo shoot,
did you use any buffing compound on the clear coat?

Thanks!

Here's the progress thread:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16727

Yes I use compound but after I level the paint with fine grit polishing cloths to remove the orange peel effect.

Cotterik
08-10-2005, 12:48 PM
are they carbon fibre lips? if they are good stuff. If they arent, they should be

Vindesh17
08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I love the brakes and calipers.