PDA

View Full Version : insurance quotes

my porsche
08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
my dad is calling the insurance company soo to see how much more my car would cost to add, so i can figure out what car i will get (probably not what i want most)

basically my parents will pay a certain amount of insurance, and i pay the rest, thus determining what kind of car i can afford

heres the cars im thinking of having him ask about:
· 1969 911 T
· 1968 Camaro
· 2002-2005 Chevy Tahoe
· 02-05 GMC Yukon
· 02-05 GMC Sierra
· 02-05 Chevy Tahoe
· 2002 GMC Yukon Denali
· 2000 BMW X5 4.4
· 2005 Mustang GT
· 2003 Mercedes C230
· 2003 Mercedes C320
· 2001 BMW 330Ci
· 2001 BMW M3

what do you think? i realise they are mostly all SUV's but who cares, leave that out of it please

if i got any of the suv's id be getting these rims:
http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=1&sizeIndex=0&showRear=no&setIndex=0&filterSize=22&filterFinish=Painted&filterSpecial=Pricing

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?changeColor=Storm+Gray&filterSize=22&filterFinish=Painted&filterSpecial=Pricing&autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Yukon+2wd&autoModClar=&autoYear=2001

rev440
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Get a suv or a truck first. A mustang is way to quick to be your first car.

Orefus
08-11-2005, 08:18 PM
u already have a car, thosue are som nice cars, you lucky bastard!

r they buying or just insurance?

2ndclasscitizen
08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
you gotta get the camaro

Rockefella
08-11-2005, 10:09 PM
The 2k1 M3 is pretty sexy sounding.

my porsche
08-12-2005, 04:39 AM
they are paying for $10k of the car i am paying for the rest, and no i dont already have it im just figuring out what i can afford out of the cars i want

yeha the m3 sounds good but im sure the insurance will be too high

Spastik_Roach
08-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Get a suv or a truck first. A mustang is way to quick to be your first car.

Stupid advice really. Nobody needs a SUV or truck first. Everyone REALLY should have a cheap simple car as a first car but I won't go into this.

Lagonda
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Stupid advice really. Nobody needs a SUV or truck first. Everyone REALLY should have a cheap simple car as a first car but I won't go into this.
I agree but, it's futile trying to explain that to him.

But, a 1969 911 ? You have a deathwish my_porsche ? Those trucks as well, they are as unsafe as it gets. Except for the X5. But a teenager in an X5 looks ridiculous. Trust me, you don't look cool at all.

The only Reasonable cars on there are a C230 or a 330Ci. But still. Who's going to pay maintenance and gas ? Daddy ? I hope you realise that BMW asks for outrageous maintenance fees, just like Alfa Romeo.
The camaro and the old 911 are both very old cars, prepare yourself for high maintenance costs and high fuel costs.

johnnynumfiv
08-12-2005, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't say the trucks aren't safe as it gets. My dad's old dakota got rearended while parked on the side of the highway, the bed was pushed forward ended up looking like an upside down V, the driveshaft was pushed into the transmission. It was also pushed into the car ahead of the truck, the doors still opened on the truck, no glass even broke, I don't see whats unsafe.

my porsche
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I agree but, it's futile trying to explain that to him.

But, a 1969 911 ? You have a deathwish my_porsche ? Those trucks as well, they are as unsafe as it gets. Except for the X5. But a teenager in an X5 looks ridiculous. Trust me, you don't look cool at all.

The only Reasonable cars on there are a C230 or a 330Ci. But still. Who's going to pay maintenance and gas ? Daddy ? I hope you realise that BMW asks for outrageous maintenance fees, just like Alfa Romeo.
The camaro and the old 911 are both very old cars, prepare yourself for high maintenance costs and high fuel costs.
well im glad you want a shitty car for your first, i dont, i want one i can look back at and be proud about it, not go "oh well yeah me and my $500 carolla...the door is on with a coathanger...um yeah..."

no i dont have a deathwish, my dad owned this particular car i think he might know a tad more about it than you

oh yeah suv's and trucks are horribly unsafe..whatever dude you can think that and ill think what i think, if thats ok with you

i dont think id look ridiculous in an 5, anyone who knows me would think id go well in it

no i pay for maintenance and i know a good place, tehres no chance in hell im going to the dealer, get ****ed up the ass is what youll get

yeah but i mean the camaro is a chevy parts are cheap, and my dad's good friend restores muscle cars and he is helping me with anything i need, i.e. a good place that will do maintenance cheply, the 911 yes it will have high maint,

johnny, yeah i mean they are hugely sturdy vehicles and they dont flip over like everyone says, unless of course you take a 90 degree trun at like 60 which i dont know many people who do...

i think this thread can die if all people are going to do is ridicule my choices

Matra et Alpine
08-13-2005, 03:06 AM
well im glad you want a shitty car for your first, i dont, i want one i can look back at and be proud about it, not go "oh well yeah me and my $500 carolla...the door is on with a coathanger...um yeah..."

no i dont have a deathwish, my dad owned this particular car i think he might know a tad more about it than you
I tihnk the background behind most of the comments guiding you away from that 911 are based on hard-life-experience. Most folsk make mistakes when they're leanring. if you do it in a "shitty corolla" you've likely done it at lower speeds and with a sensible head - nobody smart races in a "shitty Corolla".
In a 911, you've 3 things going against you.....
1) It's fast, capable but bites HARD when you lose it
2) You're learning how to drive so dont' have the experience to know where the limits of the car and your driving are at, so you WILL exceed them at some point. See 1)
3) You risk 'ego' taking control because you've got "a 911". So when some eejit takes you on at the lights in a riced "shitty Corolla" nad beats you , you'll want to not lose face in front of your mates and then take him on. See 2) and 1)

Everyones first car SHOULD be a slow, "shitty Corolla" or similar. Coz then usually they learn to drive without those 3 things getting in the way. THEN when moving to a faster/better car none of those 3 things need come in to it. Some folks may only own the "shitty Corolla" for 6 months, some folks I've come across should be forced to drive one for LIFE.

VtecMini
08-13-2005, 06:57 AM
FFS... Can someone put some sort of ban on MP on making these threads. We've seen literally dozens of them. Always the same. He lists a bunch of flashy cars that presumably he thinks we'll be impressed by, we laugh a bit and try and tell him it's unwise, then he claims to know better. This is really wearing quite thin.

And fwiw, anyone looks stupid in X5, even moreso when it's a kid driving it.

Egg Nog
08-13-2005, 05:03 PM
FFS... Can someone put some sort of ban on MP on making these threads. We've seen literally dozens of them. Always the same. He lists a bunch of flashy cars that presumably he thinks we'll be impressed by, we laugh a bit and try and tell him it's unwise, then he claims to know better. This is really wearing quite thin.

And fwiw, anyone looks stupid in X5, even moreso when it's a kid driving it.

Holy crap, post of the month.

targa
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
heres the cars not to ask about:

· 1968 Camaro
· 2002-2005 Chevy Tahoe
· 02-05 GMC Yukon
· 02-05 GMC Sierra
· 02-05 Chevy Tahoe
· 2002 GMC Yukon Denali

just dont do it