PDA

View Full Version : UCP Cooking Thread

Spastik_Roach
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey Everyone, thought since from past threads by MP that we hav a few cooking enthusiasts. Hopefully here we can see some recipies made up by some people, from simple stuff from the likes of me to real complicated stuff by the likes of My Porsche :)

And to anyone who says this is not "ultimatecookingpage.com", I say, this is in the miscellaneous section, you dipshit :)

Rockefella
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
What do you wanna know, anything in particular? I can cook quite well. Ranging from steak, burgers, crab/lobster/clams, cake, etc.

Spastik_Roach
08-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Nothing I really wanna know, just thought people would like to share some knowledge/creations/whatever..

Rockefella
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Nothing I really wanna know, just thought people would like to share some knowledge/creations/whatever..
Sounds good, I'll put something up tomorrow if I remember.

Orefus
08-12-2005, 10:19 PM
cooking thread? what will spastik roach think up next?

Egg Nog
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
My Guide to Making an Awesome Sandwich (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13449)

Orefus
08-13-2005, 12:06 AM
you have nice hands.

clutch-monkey
08-13-2005, 12:12 AM
UCP: more than just a car forum :D

Orefus
08-13-2005, 12:14 AM
were branching out, moving on.

Egg Nog
08-13-2005, 01:10 AM
you have nice hands.

Post 2, "Thanks to my lovely assistant for the help".

It's pretty &*%#ing hard to take pictures of both your hands at once ;)

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Post 2, "Thanks to my lovely assistant for the help".

It's pretty &*%#ing hard to take pictures of both your hands at once ;)

Thats what camera timers are for :)

drakkie
08-13-2005, 01:28 AM
ingredients:
egg
sandwich
ketchup
cheese

1) rasp some cheese
2) break the egg
3) put it in the pan
4) add the cheese
5) wait til it is thorougly done, perhaps flip it a couple of times
6) put plenty of ketchup on the sandwich
7) put the egg in
8) Enjoy !!!!

many thanks to Aatjuh for the nice recipe ;) tastes very good

Matra et Alpine
08-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Mix flour and water
Dip a MARS bar in it
Drop it in hot fat for 2 mins

enjoy :D

That kind of stuff ??????

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 04:08 AM
Mix flour and water
Dip a MARS bar in it

I was gunna do that the other night but mum wouldn't let me!

Shes like "anything you want me to deep fry William" i'm like MARS BAR MARS BAR! :D

Matra et Alpine
08-13-2005, 04:11 AM
I was gunna do that the other night but mum wouldn't let me!

Shes like "anything you want me to deep fry William" i'm like MARS BAR MARS BAR! :D
Tell her it's healthy - and that comes from someone at the source :)

( PS it's not !! )

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Tell her it's healthy - and that comes from someone at the source :)

( PS it's not !! )

Shes not stupid, although I did manage to convince her that UCP is a good place full of perfectly good people who behave very well :D

my porsche
08-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Mix flour and water
Dip a MARS bar in it

if you dip it in egg and then a flour sugar mixture it will taste better and have a thicker coating to absorb the delicious fatty oil :D

i thinkl this could also be where like if someone is having someone over or a dinner partry etc they could ask advice and recipes?

Cotterik
08-13-2005, 07:40 AM
im a huge cook.

this threads awesome :D

SlickHolden
08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Buy pita bread.
grated cheese.
250g steak.
1 onion.
1 spring onion sliced up thin.
masterfoods BBQ sauce.

Slice steak into thin strips. Cut onion into wedges. Cook both golden brown.
Ad masterfoods BBQ Sauce about a good 3 seconds sqwize cook for 1 min and stir well in.
Next grab the pita bread open it, Place 1 handful of cheese straight down the middle.
Then ontop some spring onion.
Then ad your steak onion bbq sauce mix straight over the cheese spring onion.
Grab 1 end of the pita bread fold it up towards the mix. Then roll it up like a kebab.
Grab some foil and rap it around the bottom so nothing fulls out and eat it all up it's nice;)
I call it pita bread steak.

I have more yummie one's also i'm the family cook.
Got some with spuds to yummie one's.

spi-ti-tout
08-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Anything simple will do for me please, thanks :)

I'm a huge cooking fanatic but my mom just won't let me into the kitchen and everytime I try to go there she kicks me out because she's paranoid that the house will automatically blow up as soon as I get my fingers touch the oven :(

She doesn't trust me :o so I know very little. :rolleyes:

Cotterik
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
for all you mexican heads out there like me! heres my recipe:

one serving of mince meat
1 chopped onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 chillis
2 garlics
2 tbps tomatoe puree
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Mixed Herbs
Worcester sauce
300ml water with 2 beef stock cubes
2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 basil leaves
cook for 30 minutes

Rice recipe:

heres is my secret recipe for perfect rice!

depending on your servings ( 4 people: 18 floz, 2 people 10 floz ) use twice as much water exactly. so for 2 people use 20 floz water. Stir the rice in with a bit of olive oil to stop it sticking then Simmer in the boiled water for 15 minutes on the dot and all the water will have been soaked by the rice and you have perfect rice!

enjoy :)

targa
08-13-2005, 11:00 AM
I got promoted to "salad chef" at work. I can make some mighty fine salad.

my porsche
08-13-2005, 11:29 AM
for all you mexican heads out there like me! heres my recipe:

one serving of mince meat
1 chopped onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 chillis
2 garlics
2 tbps tomatoe puree
1 can of chopped tomatoes
300ml water with 2 beef stock cubes
2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 basil leaves
cook for 30 minutes

Rice recipe:

heres is my secret recipe for perfect rice!

depending on your servings ( 4 people: 18 floz, 2 people 10 floz ) use twice as much water exactly. so for 2 people use 20 floz water. Stir the rice in with a bit of olive oil to stop it sticking then Simmer in the boiled water for 15 minutes on the dot and all the water will have been soaked by the rice and you have perfect rice!

enjoy :)
that looks very, very good, but from a restaurant standpoint i think you probably get the worst mexican food ever in england, living a few hours from mexico, and seeing that my state is little mexico if you or anyone from here ever comes to texas let me know i will hook you up with the best places to eat mexican :) and to add to your rice recipe, if you put the dry rice in a strainer and wash it into a bowl or something so you can see what color the wtaer is, wash it until the water comes out prefectly clear....mmmmmmmm so tender :D

my porsche
08-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I got promoted to "salad chef" at work. I can make some mighty fine salad.
pm what types your making, just curious like what dressings and lettuce and stuff :)

taz_rocks_miami
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
that looks very, very good, but from a restaurant standpoint i think you probably get the worst mexican food ever in england, living a few hours from mexico, and seeing that my state is little mexico if you or anyone from here ever comes to texas let me know i will hook you up with the best places to eat mexican :) and to add to your rice recipe, if you put the dry rice in a strainer and wash it into a bowl or something so you can see what color the wtaer is, wash it until the water comes out prefectly clear....mmmmmmmm so tender :D

I can hook you guys with even better palces for Mexican food since I'm in Mexico...hello!!! Texas does have some great Mexican restaurants but we have a few more here :D

Worcester sauce on a Mexican dish Cotterik???? I don't think so...

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Buy pita bread.
grated cheese.
250g steak.
1 onion.
1 spring onion sliced up thin.
masterfoods BBQ sauce.

Slice steak into thin strips. Cut onion into wedges. Cook both golden brown.
Ad masterfoods BBQ Sauce about a good 3 seconds sqwize cook for 1 min and stir well in.
Next grab the pita bread open it, Place 1 handful of cheese straight down the middle.
Then ontop some spring onion.
Then ad your steak onion bbq sauce mix straight over the cheese spring onion.
Grab 1 end of the pita bread fold it up towards the mix. Then roll it up like a kebab.
Grab some foil and rap it around the bottom so nothing fulls out and eat it all up it's nice;)
I call it pita bread steak.

I have more yummie one's also i'm the family cook.
Got some with spuds to yummie one's.

Slickholden sponsered by Masterfoods
:D

spi-ti-tout
08-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm going to try and fry a mars bar :D

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Spagbuns by Spastik_Roach! A quick easy snack!

Step 1: Heat up some tinned spaghetti. I find low on about 8-10 minutes does the trick.

Step 2: Hollow out buns, but leave enough so the spaghetti won't fall through the sides of the bun (Very messy!)

Step 3: Once spaghetti is done, spoon desired amount into bun.

Step 4 (optional but reccomended): Add grated cheese into bun!

Step 5: If theres anything else you wanna add to it go ahead.

Step 6: Enjoy!

It isn't exactly gourmet but it is bloody nice! :D

GT F1
08-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm getting hungry. Good thing my mom's an excellent cook. She taught me how to cook biryani.:) My uncle makes some mighty fine ribs.:) My dad can't cook, though.:p

Spas, i'm going to try that right now. :D

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm getting hungry. Good thing my mom's an excellent cook. She taught me how to cook biryani.:) My uncle makes some mighty fine ribs.:) My dad can't cook, though.:p

Awesome! Make sure you tell me how it goes!

spi-ti-tout
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Which style biryani? :)

GT F1
08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Those spagbuns are really good. I just made them. I used french bread, and loads of cheese(kraft american slice and kraft monteray jack-kolby cheese), and some turkey slices. I tastes awesome.

spi-ti-tout, my mom cooks mostly bombay, mutton briyani, sindhi briyani. I can't remember the rest right now. Biryani is one my favorite foods. :)

Egg Nog
08-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Spagbuns by Spastik_Roach! A quick easy snack!

Woah, those look awesome! :)

My Nacho Salad:

Take the following ingredients and mix them in a bowl:

1 head of iceberg lettuce (shred it by hand)
250 grams or so of grated cheddar
2 cans of sliced spanish (black) olives
300 grams or so of ground beef (or veggie ground round)
3 large diced tomatoes
Crunched up nachos (add to taste, varies from person to person)
Add about 400ml of a 1:1 Salsa/Mayonnaise mix (use real Mayo, none of that low fat or Miracle Whip bullshit)

Thouroughly mix, and enjoy the hell out of it. Good for munchies.

spi-ti-tout
08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
spi-ti-tout, my mom cooks mostly bombay, mutton briyani, sindhi briyani. I can't remember the rest right now. Biryani is one my favorite foods. :)
Goodstuff, yeah I love them too, and my mom makes them aswell, even though I'm not from there. Might prove to be a bit too spicy for some of our other members here though :D

Matra et Alpine
08-13-2005, 06:59 PM
if you dip it in egg and then a flour sugar mixture it will taste better and have a thicker coating to absorb the delicious fatty oil :D
no, no and thrice NO :)

The original Scottish MARS bar supper is based on our fish supper batter which is flour and water ( sometimes a little beer :) )

NO egg and sure as H**L no sugar.

If you're doing it you gotta do it right !!

spi-ti-tout
08-13-2005, 07:00 PM

The original Scottish MARS bar supper is based on our fish supper batter which is flour and water ( sometimes a little beer :) )

Oi nobody said we couldn't invent our own versions :p

targa
08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
a large handfull of romane lettuce
several rings of red onion
one roma tomato cut into forths
several baby carrots
severl pieces of sliced cucumber
a hard-boiled egg
two peperoncini's
feta cheese(optional--i leave it out)
greek dressing

MMMM Greek Salad

my porsche
08-13-2005, 09:18 PM

dude wtf, you havent had fried stuff till youva had southern u.s. fired stuff :D

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm glad my spag buns are appreciated :D Next time I make my home made healthy potato chips I'll photograph it and put on the net aswell. They're a great side-dish!

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Those spagbuns are really good. I just made them. I used french bread, and loads of cheese(kraft american slice and kraft monteray jack-kolby cheese), and some turkey slices. I tastes awesome.

Is the cheese you used that crappy Processed American stuff? I use the proper blocks of cheese, grated up. I hate that processed stuff. First time I used some herb and garlic buns I got at the supermarket, but this time that I used for the recipe I used a half of a cheese stick.

Rockefella
08-13-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm too fkn drunk right now to post anything. I'm going to sleep.

Spastik_Roach
08-13-2005, 10:08 PM
^^^Fantastic.

my porsche
08-13-2005, 10:35 PM
again rocke, whats the point? i mean ok ill get drunk and cruise the internet, sounds like fun! not

Orefus
08-14-2005, 12:15 AM
dude dont drink and drive.

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 03:42 AM
dude wtf, you havent had fried stuff till youva had southern u.s. fired stuff :D
I've worked in Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, New Orleans so yep I've tried the whole gamut - at source :) and I can testify to clogging my arteries :)
Actually one of my favourites in the US was Kansas barbecue - hmmmmmmm

Delmaster
08-14-2005, 03:52 AM
nobody here would even get the idea dropping a MARS bar or something similar in hot fat.....
wouldn't all the chocolate melt and volatilize in the fat?

couldn't believe it and told my mates about it. they also never heard about it and we're by far no healthy living vegetarians or so...

is it a usual "snack" where you all live?!?

VtecMini
08-14-2005, 04:45 AM
VtecMini's 30 second sammich.
Just two ingredients for this bad boy. Three is you're a bit fancy.*
Take one 30g bag of crisps (Salt and vinegar works best imho)
http://www.sweetiebag.com/product_images/details/Walkers%20Salt%20&%20Vinegar%2034.5g.jpg
Take a loaf of plain old sliced bread. Two slices of bread should suffice.
http://www.rhmtech.co.uk/technology/graphics/development3.jpg
Carefully open the bag of crisps fully, ensuring not to lose any.
Apply pressure to the bag, crushing the crisps into itty bitty pieces.
Once all the crisps are nice and small (No bigger than about 10mm in width), carefully pour the crisps onto one of the slices of bread.
When you have emptied the bag, spread the crisps out evenly, with a slight bias towards a pile in the centre, to make sure they dont fall out of the edges.
Put the second slice of bread on top. Press down firmly. DO NOT CUT THE BREAD.
Eat.

*If you really must, you could apply butter to the bread,

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 05:12 AM
ah the cuisine of youth, nice one, V, I might go and re-enjoy those memories :)

Another pure Scottish invention ...

BUT you need 2 specific Scottish ingredients.

a Scotch pie and Scottish PLAIN bread.

and baked beans.

butter the bread.
Place heated pie on the bread - including pie crust
Fill crist with baked beans.
place bread on top.

Open wide and consume :)

Not surprisingly I cant' find any pictures of this gourmet "delight"
The ingreients however ...
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40534000/jpg/_40534695_scotchpieabove203.jpghttp://www.scottishfoodoverseas.com/plain-loaf.JPGhttp://www.eurobrits.com/catalog/images/HEINZ%20Baked%20Beans%20in%20tomato%20sauce%20415g .jpg

For best effect, consume with a pint of Guiness :o

PS: If the contents of haggis worries you then dont' bother trying a Sctotch Pie :)

Rockefella
08-14-2005, 05:18 AM
again rocke, whats the point? i mean ok ill get drunk and cruise the internet, sounds like fun! not
Heh, I was kidding around, relax. :) If you noticed after that post I also posted like 5 more things. Should'ave put a smiley in I suppose.

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 05:21 AM
nobody here would even get the idea dropping a MARS bar or something similar in hot fat.....
wouldn't all the chocolate melt and volatilize in the fat?
That's why it is dipped in Scottish "fish supper" batter.
That seals it all away from the oil. And it's not in there long !!!

couldn't believe it and told my mates about it. they also never heard about it and we're by far no healthy living vegetarians or so...

is it a usual "snack" where you all live?!?
It was "usual" a couple of years back when the trend started but seldom done now. BUT is something everyone should try. Immensely satisfying, BUT you can hear the arteries clog as you chew :)

It's real, if you google on it you'll find many articles condemning it's unhealthiness and for the occasional journalist who has actually ventured to Glasgow to try ti a solid thumbs up for the taste :)

Delmaster
08-14-2005, 05:28 AM
It was "usual" a couple of years back when the trend started but seldom done now.
A consequence of the fitnesswave....

BUT you can hear the arteries clog as you chew :)
That was my guess :)

maybe I'll try next week

what's "not in there long" concrete? 30sec? 1min?

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 09:08 AM
A consequence of the fitnesswave....

That was my guess :)

maybe I'll try next week

what's "not in there long" concrete? 30sec? 1min?
Until the batter is a nice golden brown colour :)
it's only about a minute or so.

my porsche
08-14-2005, 09:46 AM
matra wehre in houston...?

ok well if you insist on only 2 ingeridants then try milk instead of water at lest

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 11:22 AM
matra wehre in houston...?
Don't remember now where we'd eaten.
hotel was our typical business place. I'd need to lookback fi ti was of great itnerest. BUT Houston was a while ago - back in he days of South Western Bell before SBC consumed them and once even before that when it was still "ma" :)

ok well if you insist on only 2 ingeridants then try milk instead of water at lest
hmmm, beer before milk !!
Actually the point is it's probably OK with your "local" version of batter. But if you want the full experience make it Scottish batter :)
Liek 'souther-fried' is unique because of the spices. If I suggested making chicken with a batter WITHOUT the spices you'd say I wouldnt' be tasting the 'real' thing :)
yeah ??

Egg Nog
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM

It's a pretty good way to chill out after a party starts winding down. I mean its not like his post added anything to the thread, but at least it made me chuckle ;)

my porsche
08-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't remember now where we'd eaten.
hotel was our typical business place. I'd need to lookback fi ti was of great itnerest. BUT Houston was a while ago - back in he days of South Western Bell before SBC consumed them and once even before that when it was still "ma" :)

hmmm, beer before milk !!
Actually the point is it's probably OK with your "local" version of batter. But if you want the full experience make it Scottish batter :)
Liek 'souther-fried' is unique because of the spices. If I suggested making chicken with a batter WITHOUT the spices you'd say I wouldnt' be tasting the 'real' thing :)
yeah ??
oh i thought you meant you worked in ehre liveing here i was going to see if id heard of it

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 01:29 PM
oh i thought you meant you worked in ehre liveing here i was going to see if id heard of it
nah Houston was jsut 2-3 day customer meetings.
Atlanta was for alot longer and more often -- mate from there owns Lassiters Tavern and spent many an evening partying :D
and I got on first name terms with the Birmingham Sheraton staff :)
Learned to HATE the I-20 :(

my porsche
08-14-2005, 01:32 PM
nah Houston was jsut 2-3 day customer meetings.
Atlanta was for alot longer and more often -- mate from there owns Lassiters Tavern and spent many an evening partying :D
and I got on first name terms with the Birmingham Sheraton staff :)
Learned to HATE the I-20 :(
ever been to memphis?

Matra et Alpine
08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
ever been to memphis?
vague memory of a club :D but cant' remember details. So it was likely on one of the regular "visit the customer tours" whcih quite often did 6 cities in 2 weeks :(

my porsche
08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
vague memory of a club :D but cant' remember details. So it was likely on one of the regular "visit the customer tours" whcih quite often did 6 cities in 2 weeks :(
if you ever go, go to rendezvous, best barbeque dry rub

Ferrari Tifosi
08-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Ingredients:

3 Chicken Breasts
some butter
a lot of hot sauce (Texas Pete is my perferred choice)

Marinate the chicken in hot sauce for an hour or so, then bake at 425 degrees F, at the same time put the rest of the hot sauce in a pan add butter and simmer to make a nice hot sauce....sauce. When chicken is done and sauce as well, take the chicken, cut into pieces and then put into a container with a lid, pour the sauce in there as well, shake it all up, and put it in bowls pour more of the sauce on it, and serve with ranch dressing on the side. Mmmmmm...

Warning: Will most likely give a mean case of heart burn. Heart burn medicine reccomended before the meal.

spi-ti-tout
08-14-2005, 04:05 PM
:D Nearly there : Stage one : Stock Mars Bar :D

my porsche
08-14-2005, 04:07 PM
i have a frypappy, i suggest it to anyone who likes home fried foods :D