PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Maserati Quattroporte Opinions

dh4419dh
08-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to get peoples feed back and opinions about the Quattroporte. I was at my local dealer and the car is just amazing. How is the build quality, any drivetrain problems or anything I need to be cautious about. I just wanted to see what owners or people were saying about them. I did hear that there were some transmission issues. When I asked the sales guy at the dealer, well he is just trying to sell me that car. Thanks!

Cotterik
08-13-2005, 11:39 AM
doesnt do anything for me, rather have a different luxury car like a jaguar or a maybach, audi A8 or something.

henk4
08-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Apparently when the transmission is in automode it does operate far less smooth than comparable units in other cars. In manual mode problems are less. It has been done on purpose to better engage the driver. In my opinion this is by far the most attractive luxobarge of the moment and when I saw it for the first time, I immediately thought about the Pinin Farina designed A6 Coupe from the fifties

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1526

a recent comparison can be found here

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16828

and welcome to UCP, hopefully you will find it interesting.

drakkie
08-14-2005, 01:20 AM
by judging the car on looks, it is indeed one of the best looking cars out there. I had a sit in it, and imo it sits great. i have no experience with the other top-end limo' s though.i really like it's overall style.It looks more classy and rare as the other cars.

dave_fonz_164
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
It is the "IT" car of the moment for its segment. Not only is it beautiful to look at, its immensly satisfying to drive. There are some compromises to be made in auto mode but good news for you, two new versions are being presented at frankfurt, the excecutive and Sport GT wich feature suspension upgrades and impreved tranny software offering 35% faster shifting.

they seem to be reliable, you might incounter the usual electronic stupidity but its backed up with a 4yr warranty and roadside assitence.

it can hardly be compared to the other cars in its class, much more of a drivers saloon and alot more exclusive.

2ndclasscitizen
08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
It really depends on what you want. If you want something you can have thrash around a track on the weekend it'd be great but if you just want something to get to work comfortably in, an AMG, Audi or Jag with a proper auto and softer suspension would probably do the job better