PDA

View Full Version : JBP anyone?

fpv_gtho
08-14-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/latestnews/newsdisplay.asp?gid=18222&ind=M

John Bowe Performance: The New Benchmark
Release Date: 12/08/2005
V8 Supercar driver and motorsport legend, John Bowe, has set a new standard in the automotive aftermarket industry with his personally designed and tested range of products for Ford and FPV vehicles.

These products which come in two ranges, the John Bowe Performance Range and the flag ship John Bowe Performance Signature Series, contain exhaust, brake, induction and suspension components that not only enhance the look of the car but the owners overall driving experience.

“The idea behind John Bowe Performance was to make the already impressive Ford range, better!” said John Bowe

“I have used my knowledge of cars, 30 years in motorsport and work with FPV to create the ultimate products for refining a Ford owners overall driving experience”

“The John Bowe Performance range is different because we don’t make claims that can’t be substantiated. What we are about is making the Ford owner’s car a much sportier, exciting and refined car to drive”

“We have worked hard to produce the highest quality products for this range and the feel they provide your car is simply outstanding. I wouldn’t put my name to them otherwise.”

“Another testament to the quality of this range is the 3 year warranty on all the products, which is an Australian automotive aftermarket first.”

In more detail, the new induction system with its exclusive cold air box, reusable high flow filter and billet aluminum throttle body offers not only breathtaking noise but markedly improved acceleration and performance.

The brake kit which was manufactured under strict guidelines by AP Racing offers show-stopping looks and provides a level of pedal feel and stopping power unlike anything you’ve ever known. With the John Bowe Signature Series brakes almost identical to the ones used in the John Bowe’s Team BOC V8 Supercar.

The Signature Series Exhaust features new technology, high flow catalytic converters, ceramic coated interference style, mandrel built headers and the exclusive engraved exhaust tips and has been designed to produce the ultimate exhaust note, a distinctive sound without the ‘drone’ you hear from inside the cabin. .

The suspension boasts a John Bowe chosen spring rate and height at 20mm lower than the standard vehicle combined with a camber and castor kit with exclusive bushing, making the car not only more visually appealing but enhanced in both cornering and handling.

Amongst other gains the John Bowe Performance range has dramatically improved mid range torque and power as well as throttle feel, responsiveness, exhaust note and handling.

“The end result is a range of performance packages that will express your individuality and give Ford drivers a new level of driving pleasure."

syko
08-14-2005, 01:58 AM
hopefully this will allow ford to tap into the true potential of the GT and will allow them to crank out some better performance numbers.
they already handly better than HSV's so this will give them the boost they needed for better straight line speed
if there claims are true

SlickHolden
08-14-2005, 02:05 AM
This is the comeback to the dealer team spec cars.
I still thought dicks cars were good.

fpv_gtho
08-14-2005, 02:17 AM
This is the comeback to the dealer team spec cars.

You might be onto something there, i hadnt thought of it like that yet.

2ndclasscitizen
08-14-2005, 03:25 AM
they already handly better than HSV's so this will give them the boost they needed for better straight line speed
if there claims are true
i dunno about that, at BFYB, the speeds of all the fords coming from motors vbox where the slowest

fpv_gtho
08-14-2005, 03:41 AM
They werent the worst, of the locals the GTO coupe was at 102km. The SS was the fastest at 110km/h compared to 104 for the FPV's and 105 for the XR8, all around turn 9

fpv_gtho
08-14-2005, 04:41 AM
Heres the official site: http://www.johnboweperformance.com.au/

SlickHolden
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I don't know in dicks cars you couldn't miss it wasn't FPV it was mean nasty and bloody low to with some big fats on it.
But i guess JB's cars are more skin deap maybe?

fpv_gtho
08-14-2005, 11:30 PM
His was a proper car though, sold seperately to Ford. These are just performance kits

SlickHolden
08-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Like factory race ad-on's that don't hurt the warranty?

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Theyve got their own 3 year warranty, but they'd be a dealer fit thing from specific suppliers

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Thats allright i would do that if i wanted something more then standard.

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 03:28 AM
im waiting for prices...

alot of the criticism of Herrods is that its overpriced, even for the quality...so if this stuff is a similar boat, then you have to ask why bother..

although, there is that brake kit :p

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 04:44 AM
This has nothing to do with herrod and a little spat with ford does it? Or am i braking up the wrong tree with that:D

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 04:48 AM
nah, im just saying alot of people complain when Herrod charge $700 for a short shift and $2000 for an exhaust when it can be had elsewhere for $400 and $1000 respectively

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 04:52 AM
I asked that cause my brother lived at herrods for a weeks:p He told me there was a little thing going on over the ECU with ford and they didnt like what they done with it.?

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 04:54 AM
probably the dual security code that kept the tuners out for over 2 years..

that was preventing people from using too wild a cam, otherwise the engine would stall (as they couldnt raise the idle), the 400m ET's were up the shit as there were still the torque tags trying to protect the gearbox by limiting torque through first gear and a whole heap of other crap

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 04:58 AM
So it's not really a blue just a little spat:D Cause they outsmarted them and the public love them for it more HP:D

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 05:02 AM
It couldve been over how they cracked the codes, as CAPA and Herrod got it from SCT which is an American company. The big issue there is reverse engineering is legal in the US, but its illegal here supposedly, so i think Ford would most definately be looking into if thats how the product emerged

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 11:14 PM
All the good stuff is always illegal here:D.

fpv_gtho
08-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Well i wouldnt be surprised if it'd come under the fair trading act or whatever, so its not a matter of all the good stuff being illegal

SlickHolden
08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
It's amazing what they put under the fair trading act:D Some is right but sometimes they go overboard with it. Like Sharing:p

2ndclasscitizen
08-16-2005, 03:20 AM
I'd imagine that the tuners would have a fair argument that ford's actions are not fair practices as they would have lost sales because of ford's actions, tuning isn't illegal as far as i know

fpv_gtho
08-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Whatever CAPA, Herrod and all the distributors came up with though, if it was found the SCT software was engineered through reverse engineering, its illegal simple as that.