PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic Swap

dsa2402
08-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey all
I have a 2000 honda civic DX with the 1.6L 106 HP engine. Frankly... it sucks. I want to put a different engine in but i dont know what kind would work best. and if not an engine what would work to increase low end torque.
David

johnnynumfiv
08-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Sell it and buy something with a V8 if you want low end torque.

dsa2402
08-16-2005, 12:27 PM
i like the car just not the engine

johnnynumfiv
08-16-2005, 12:32 PM
I suppose you could chip it, get a different cam(s?) and other performance mods.

NoOne
08-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the UCP forums :)

Typical mods are a Cold Air Intake, header and slightly larger diameter exhaust better breathing = more power.

If you really are into making an engine swap a popular engine to use (so I've been told) is the 1.8 dohc from early '90's Integra. Other possible options would be 1.6 , 1.8 or 2.0 V-TEC engines, tho I don't know the cost of acquiring and making them work in your car.

dsa2402
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Alright thanks i know aobut mostr of the mods you can do but they can only do so much

dsa2402
08-16-2005, 01:40 PM
but i cant spell

Acura/subarufan
08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
how about a integra type R engine? or a civic type R engine. there is an article in the july issue of sport compact car on a 2002 civic ex with a integra type R engine you should read it

Rockefella
08-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Only do this if you have the know-how, unless you're willing to shell out money for someone else to do it. Quiggs has a theory about engine-swaps, too tired to find it though.

r33_4_me
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
you can swap out the block for a crv block, get the apropriate crank and then top it off with a sohc vtec head, you should make well over 200 hp up to about 7k rpms, with the right tuning. it will smoke the tyres on every shift, and when the vtec switches up the cam profilesit will be one nasty ride, just make sure you get an lsd up front cause the tourque steer will rip the wheel out your hand. and if thats not enough i have one word for you........turbo, nuff said.

i have to talk to my friend ramon about what exactly he has in his honda, but most of the internals were original honda parts, he has a 97 civic hatch with a crv block and a vtec head and the thing could have smoked my stock skyline gtst off the line no prob. i will get all the details from him about what he did. the car is a blast to drive, almost power everywhere in the powerband.

hope this helps some

Rockefella
08-16-2005, 05:46 PM
you can swap out the block for a crv block, get the apropriate crank and then top it off with a sohc vtec head, you should make well over 200 hp up to about 7k rpms, with the right tuning. it will smoke the tyres on every shift, and when the vtec switches up the cam profilesit will be one nasty ride, just make sure you get an lsd up front cause the tourque steer will rip the wheel out your hand. and if thats not enough i have one word for you........turbo, nuff said.

i have to talk to my friend ramon about what exactly he has in his honda, but most of the internals were original honda parts, he has a 97 civic hatch with a crv block and a vtec head and the thing could have smoked my stock skyline gtst off the line no prob. i will get all the details from him about what he did. the car is a blast to drive, almost power everywhere in the powerband.

hope this helps some
Does your friend Ramon have a 6" (15 cm) diamater muffler and a massive spoiler, along with tyte azz vinyl and VTEC sticers on his car?

r33_4_me
08-16-2005, 06:13 PM
actually if you must know it looks like a stock silver civic with black spoon rims. not one stcker on it.

its a real sleeper

r33_4_me
08-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Does your friend Ramon have a 6" (15 cm) diamater muffler and a massive spoiler, along with tyte azz vinyl and VTEC sticers on his car?
i am guessing that was sarcasm.

Acura/subarufan
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
i am guessing that was sarcasm.
he was imlpying your friend was a ricer

r33_4_me
08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
i figured that. he couldnt be more wrong.

Spastik_Roach
08-16-2005, 09:37 PM
A s2000 engine in a totally stock looking Civic would be pretty awesome :)

pimento
08-16-2005, 10:23 PM
A s2000 engine in a totally stock looking Civic would be pretty awesome :)

Awesome, but unfeasible. Unless you converted the Civic to RWD, which would again, be awesome. Type-R gear in there is probably the way to go, 200bhp, 6-speed manual, you'll need new suspension too though, the basic stuff would be awful with the Type-R throwing it about.

NuclearCrap
08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
how about a integra type R engine? or a civic type R engine. there is an article in the july issue of sport compact car on a 2002 civic ex with a integra type R engine you should read it

You can own a 2005 Civic Type R engine without importing. Go to Acura and they'll tell you that the TSX Type S uses the same engine, and I think the RSX Type S do too. :)

Egg Nog
08-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Awesome, but unfeasible. Unless you converted the Civic to RWD, which would again, be awesome. Type-R gear in there is probably the way to go, 200bhp, 6-speed manual, you'll need new suspension too though, the basic stuff would be awful with the Type-R throwing it about.

It would probably be a lot easier to mount the F20C transversely and make a custom connection to the Civic transmission than it would to convert the entire car to RWD :)

vtec_trackman
08-25-2005, 11:09 AM
wow, i signed i had to help this guy out, you are all giving him the wrong if.

1. Any b-series would be with in reason and not to expensive.

2. guy with the friend that has the b20 with the Sohc vtec head...well since this is not possible because it will not fit you would need a dohc vtec head, and i would suggest this to anyone.

3. a k-series motor would be to much money for so little out put, you are looking at about $7,000 US to put it in, way to much.

4. The tsx motor nor the Type-S motor are not the same, if any the TypeS is the closest.

5. guy above me....good idea but dont think its possible atleast as of now.