PDA

View Full Version : DTM and Concours d'Elegance 2005 in Holland

Fumacher
08-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, i was wondering if someone is going to these events. I will go to DTM on friday and sunday.
Im not sure which day to go to the Concours delegance yet, it depends on the weather.

Hope to see some of you dutcie UCP members ;)

Jack_Bauer
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Is that the Zandvoort round of the DTM? I know they're planning to do some kind of publicity stunt with the Minardi F1 team there. It's being billed as F1 vs DTM, with Mika Hakkinen's Mercedes DTM car versus Christian Albers' Minardi F1 car. They're apparently running a competition where by the crowd have to guess how far ahead the F1 car is from the DTM car. The crowd member who guesses nearest wins a passenger ride in a specially prepared DTM car with Albers driving. Not sure which day they're doing this on, you might wanna check it out though (and get some good pics of the F1 car! :D ).

Hope you enjoy the trip. :)

Fumacher
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
hehe thanks :)
Albers and Mika are going to do that "race'on sunday. I'm really looking forward to it.

drakkie
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
unfortunately i will not be able to go to the concours this year,due to family cicumstances. i do have some VIP tickets laying around my house though,just as last year :)

best day to go there is usually sunday.however make sure you are early.try and be there at around 8 o'clock and it will be queit.you can easily take pictures then.

jorismo
08-19-2005, 02:06 AM
When is the DTM? Because if it's next weekend I might go...

Rijoh
08-19-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm almost certaintly going to the Concours d'Elegance. The Dutch carmag Autovisie will have some great cars of the last 50 years, including the old GT40 and new GT :)

Fumacher
08-19-2005, 04:36 AM
do you guys have a list of all the cars that will come at the concours? I wanna find out which Ferrari's will be there n stuff ;)
DTM is next weekend.....

drakkie
08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
do you guys have a list of all the cars that will come at the concours? I wanna find out which Ferrari's will be there n stuff ;)
DTM is next weekend.....

in the special (free) book for the press and VIP's you get a full entry list,with cars, they're owner, year made, country of origin etcetera.

edit: i thought the concours was this weekend.i might use our VIP tickets after all :) it is on 3-4 septembr ;)

jorismo
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
When and were is the Concours?? I might use my last free weekend for it ;)

drakkie
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
When and were is the Concours?? I might use my last free weekend for it ;)

3,4 september paleis het loo.

jorismo
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
3,4 september paleis het loo.

Damn, got a tournament that weekend!! Why, oh WHY!!!

Fumacher
08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
in the special (free) book for the press and VIP's you get a full entry list,with cars, they're owner, year made, country of origin etcetera.

edit: i thought the concours was this weekend.i might use our VIP tickets after all :) it is on 3-4 septembr ;)
could you please tell me which Ferrari's will be at the concours? I would be very grateful for it :)

Fumacher
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Damn, got a tournament that weekend!! Why, oh WHY!!!
cancel it :P ;)

jorismo
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
cancel it :P ;)

Nah, if I want a place in the first team, I really gotta be there ;)

drakkie
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
could you please tell me which Ferrari's will be at the concours? I would be very grateful for it :)

the brochure will be distributed at the day itself. lst year we parked at the Centraal beheer headquarter and were driven there in a classic bus.the brochures were distributed from the desk there for free(normal 10€) from there.

waarom praten we geen hollands hier ?

Fumacher
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM
the brochure will be distributed at the day itself. lst year we parked at the Centraal beheer headquarter and were driven there in a classic bus.the brochures were distributed from the desk there for free(normal 10€) from there.

waarom praten we geen hollands hier ?
ah okee, k weet nog niet op welke dag ik er naartoe ga. Waarschijnlijk zondag, tenzij we weer van dit uhumh "lkkre"weer krijgen. K was er 2 jaar geleden geweest en toen hadden ze 2 F1 Ferrari's. Dat was zwaar rlxt :)

Kzie dan wel of ze dit jaar mooie Ferrari's hebben.

Fumacher
09-04-2005, 12:09 PM
hey guys, i went to the concours today. Made 583 shots and had a great time :)
Which of you guys have been there as well?

henk4
09-04-2005, 12:18 PM
hey guys, i went to the concours today. Made 583 shots and had a great time :)
Which of you guys have been there as well?

to be perfectly honest, we knew what the more important cars were on the show, and we have seen them all. We phoned the organisers, but they never returned our call. Still looking forward to see your pics though :)

Fumacher
09-04-2005, 12:34 PM
i will upload some pics on tuesday, cos school will begin 2morrow.

Which "more important" cars do you mean?:) I hope i have photographed them

henk4
09-04-2005, 12:39 PM
i will upload some pics on tuesday, cos school will begin 2morrow.

Which "more important" cars do you mean?:) I hope i have photographed them

some Bugattis 57, but there could have been more. The concours was akwardly placed between the Pebble Beach stuff (20,000 pics to sort) and the Frankfurt Motorshow, of which the Press Days will start on Monday week. There is just a limit ti what one can do.

Fumacher
09-04-2005, 12:54 PM
i can imagine that you have skipped this for the big events
I am not very common with the old Bugatti's, though i have made a lot of photo's of those classic Bugatti's

Rijoh
09-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I was there yesterday (sunday) too, it was great. They held sprintraces with vintage racers, awesome :) I took only took about 250 pics :o But good quality :) Post some later!