PDA

View Full Version : Damn Dust

NuclearCrap
08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I have a serious problem when spray painting. A few tiny dusts always get stuck on the body before the paint drys. :( Is there anyway to avoid that? :confused:

Matra et Alpine
08-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Build yourself a spray booth.
If you're making LOTS then gets some MDF and kitchen extractor fans, if it's just the occasional then a cardboard box and a couple of computer case fans does fine. Just a box big enough to get model and can/spraygun in something to rotate the model on. Be careful on the fans though as they are extracting volatile gasses and that's why I prefer 12v DC brushless computer fans.

If that's too much effort, 'mist' the area you spray in with water - that takes out soem of the airborne stuff - and then spray in much finer coats - they take less time to dry.

If it's only a small amount and on the surface, a polish can take them out.

NuclearCrap
08-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Build yourself a spray booth.
If you're making LOTS then gets some MDF and kitchen extractor fans, if it's just the occasional then a cardboard box and a couple of computer case fans does fine. Just a box big enough to get model and can/spraygun in something to rotate the model on. Be careful on the fans though as they are extracting volatile gasses and that's why I prefer 12v DC brushless computer fans.

If that's too much effort, 'mist' the area you spray in with water - that takes out soem of the airborne stuff - and then spray in much finer coats - they take less time to dry.

If it's only a small amount and on the surface, a polish can take them out.

I'm gonna try the mist method.

Esperante
08-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I get the same problem every once and a while. I wouldn't recommend spraying indoors, more dust, but I usually do a low-tech method of placing half a box over it to prevent dust caused imperfections. It's not a perfect method, but it's cheap. ;)