PDA

View Full Version : My trip to FPR today

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I had to make a new thread just for this.
Today i took my brother to grab some shocks, Anyway we were right next to Ford Oz in Broadmeadows. We couldnt find the pedders dealers and went past it, Then he tells me hang a left here and left here next thing we are in FPR:eek: Anyway they got GT's and F6's sitting out the front. We walk in and they have setons old BA there on show, Walk to the back and they have the F6 with only chassis and things here and there cut open for you to see all in it it was amazing. Then we here this rumble this door opens and it was the engine from a V8 supercar sitting on the dyno:D The door goes bang lol and the lady says to another was that a faulklift:p Then i said hey wish we could see some of there cars, Hey over here he tells me and the windows show them working on the FPR's, They keeped looking at us wile we watched they looked paranoide:p And i wasnt wearing any holden gear:D.
Before we left we backed up to the rear and seen Brights car with that wind blower at the front of it i think they were going to run it:D
Anyway it was great to walk around and see what goes on i was amazed it was great fun.

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Probably the most recently built V8 Supercar factory that. They originally worked out of Glen Seton's old privateer garage afterall, and purposely built the new one to have alot of visitor appeal.

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 02:41 AM
And 1 big bloody truck also:eek: But it was a kenworth not a ford truck i was shocked.
And they love the F6 motor allright it's on display 2 times when you walk in:D

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Nah i think Ford sold all their truck devison to DCX or something...not to sure on that one..

I think FPR have an F6 running in the production car championship though...could be wrong

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Any word on the FPV Terra:D

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 03:16 AM
None yet..probably still waiting for the Ford version with the T6 :p

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 04:53 AM
That's one we were having a close look at the terra in the FPV camp :) And a BA with no front or back might be BF? I might one day go down there @ 2am and sit till the moring:) Imagine what might come out of the ground there.
And isnt it big it's like a small city all in there bet they have a Drive in's and McDonalds and a shopping centre:D

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Yeah they purposely built FPV and the FPR factory to all be within a square kilometre of the Ford production line. Saves shipping fees i suppose :p but their engine foundry is still in Geelong...

So you went past FPV as well then?

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Yep they were across the road with big daddy across the main rd. There are alot of the F6's around there. Also seen the F6 ute. And seen all the cars waiting to go out and thats when we seen the Terra sitting there, And the BA with no front or back:)

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 05:09 AM
yeah, the FPV BF range would be going through all the final systems checks, any minor things that they still want to perfect etc..

in some ways the territory is and isnt a surprise...everyone knows that the turbo version was inevitable, but still a bit of a shock as everyones waiting for the confirmation

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 05:13 AM
My Brother would have one tommorrow and he is dieing to drive one to bathurst, He said the price holds him back, But maybe 12 months down the track if they are allright in price he might go get 1.
He has he's 18" BA XR8 option rims ready for it he said:p

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 05:18 AM
a year would be a good time to wait actually, but theres risks in any purcase. From hereon, its known when the Falcon will be updated next, so hes got 2 years now to buy a BF or a few months to pick up the last of the BA's

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 05:28 AM
He's always wanted a XR6 but says the XT would beat it, So knowing him it's tune time:p Then the Terra just started to grow on him to the point where it's going to cost $570 4 day hire for the Terra when the BA Wagon was only $260 smame time:p

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 05:30 AM
the XR6 in manual at least, has the 3.45 diff compared to the 3.23....so theres a little bit of difference there, but the XT seems to have gotten the better times

SlickHolden
08-24-2005, 05:33 AM
He would jump at a turbo if new only:)
Then he says to me he's almost done all the bushes and shocks springs etc on the EF Ghia. And then he goes i might buy a new engine for it:eek:.. I said to him what about the XR6 VCT??? He might go that if he can't get a Barra6T in it:D

fpv_gtho
08-24-2005, 05:42 AM
he may as well jump straight to the turbo compared to what he thinks is already there..

turboing the SOHC motor when wreckers have XR6T motors for a few grand is a waste of time, money and effort. Supercharging gives bugger all for the PSI either, like if i got a standard 157kw and put a 6psi blower on there (7psi to be fair, given the higher parasitic drag of the supercharger vs turbo) it would probably be a tad slower than what it currently is with the freak motor, and thats about the PSI the XR6T runs stock

SlickHolden
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
He has just had the Rear bushes arm's shocks all done on the rear, Everything at the rear is new again. He's next job is the front now cause the rear feels so great the front is a little off now. He want's it to ride a little softer and feel straighter on the road now:).
But i think if he got a XR6T he would only go new cause that is the thing he fears with them a thrasshed engine.
It was my brothers birthday Thursday he's 35.
Have a look at this cake we got him:)

fpv_gtho
08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Thats an alright cake...icing or one of those things you can buy and stick on the top?

Well softer and straighter on the road dont always go together :p But the steering can be played around with a bit to try and change the centre feel, off centre feel and responsiveness

Blue Supra
08-25-2005, 08:22 PM
a page and a bit of posts from just you two... give someone else a go hey? :p

Sounds like fun Slick, didja get any pics?

fpv_gtho
08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Bah! you need to change your settings, im still on 1 page

SlickHolden
08-25-2005, 11:09 PM
It's icing took 4 days to order and make:eek: $38 for the cake:eek: And i don't eat cake :D

No pic's bluey they had signs all round no photography no Recorders No video device's:D Was thinking if i stuck the phone up will they notice:p

Blue Supra
08-28-2005, 04:28 PM
you could pretend to txt someone ;)

SlickHolden
08-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Thats a good idea mate:D