PDA

View Full Version : Toyota in NASCAR?

Acura/subarufan
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Toyota has announced that it is pulling out of open wheel racing in north america so they can focus it's efforts on Nascar. toyota is dropping out of the IRL in 2006 leaving honda as the only manufacturer in the series (chevy is leaving too) Toyota racing development is rumored to be setting up a nascar busch sereies team to compliment its sucsessful Crafstman truck series effort and make inroads for a step up to the nextel cup series. (info mostly copied from World of Wheels a canadian magazine i got) so any way sounds intresting toyota in NASCAR what do you guys think?

rev440
08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I dont think nascar will let toyota in. Me being a partial redneck and knowing hard core rednecks. We hate toyotas american cars are gonna be the way to go. But hell Team Hendricks will beat them. Not to metion Roush Racing who will also smoke them.

johnnynumfiv
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Are they planning on making thier own engines? Or is it just going to be a toyota look a like shell with a chevy motor inside?

Acura/subarufan
08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
i don't think they can really just say "you can't join cause' your cars are japenese" can they now?

Acura/subarufan
08-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Are they planning on making thier own engines? Or is it just going to be a toyota look a like shell with a chevy motor inside?
i'm not sure i wrote all i know

johnnynumfiv
08-24-2005, 08:07 PM
I dont think nascar will let toyota in. Me being a partial redneck and knowing hard core rednecks. We hate toyotas american cars are gonna be the way to go. But hell Team Hendricks will beat them. Not to metion Roush Racing who will also smoke them.

Way to represent america http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:hr7c32AO5qYJ:http://www.evilmonkey.tv/downloads/peterthumbsup.gif

Niko_Fx
08-24-2005, 08:18 PM
God forbid they join.

zeppelin
08-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I hope they do join, and better yet hope they win. I don't even like nascar anyway, but I'd get a kick out of seeing all the outraged rednecks.

d-quik
08-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Toyota have already raced in NASCAR.

meenkeene518
08-24-2005, 10:17 PM
supposedly if they get in or whatever they will race the camry. but it really doesnt matter nascar is all about the sponsors and money now. not like you can go buy a 2 door V8 RWD taurus or omnte carlo. so if the truck series let them in, i dont see any objection that nascar wont let them in.

Spastik_Roach
08-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I hope they do join, and better yet hope they win. I don't even like nascar anyway, but I'd get a kick out of seeing all the outraged rednecks.

My thoughts exactly :) To see the looks on their faces

THOSE 'ERE JAP CRAP RACERS ARE A' BEATIN OU' GOOD OL BOYS IN THE CHEVYS! :D

IBrake4Rainbows
08-25-2005, 12:22 AM
More Toyotas are built by Americans, In America, than Chevrolet.

No Use wrapping themselves in the American Flag.

fpv_gtho
08-25-2005, 01:29 AM
I wouldnt be at all surprised to see this, theyre quietly eyeing entry into the V8 Supercars as well in the coming years. Difference there is whilst the V8 rules require the cars to be based off local V8 RWD sedans, they'd quickly change that if Toyota asked.

dydzi
08-25-2005, 01:59 AM
where the hell do they have all that money from - they put millions of dollars in F1 every year and now they want to join another very big series

spi-ti-tout
08-25-2005, 02:28 AM
where the hell do they have all that money from - they put millions of dollars in F1 every year and now they want to join another very big series
By stealing it from others :p

Is it just me or is Toyota really getting involved in the whole American car politics game?

my porsche
08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
i thought toyota was already in nascar.... :confused:

Acura/subarufan
08-25-2005, 06:53 AM
they took the money they were gonna use in the IRL. oh and i forgaot to mention toyota may go for a double team setup in F1 where lexus will compete to

Acura/subarufan
08-25-2005, 06:54 AM
i thought toyota was already in nascar.... :confused:
no i dont think so, only the truck series. though i could be wrong. but im pretty sure there not in the Nextel Cup

my porsche
08-25-2005, 08:04 AM
(sad to say i know this...)nextel cup is the minor leagues right? and then busch series is the oval ones?

johnnynumfiv
08-25-2005, 08:21 AM
(sad to say i know this...)nextel cup is the minor leagues right? and then busch series is the oval ones?
Other way around. Busch seems to run more road racing. Nextel cup is usually only on ovals.

Acura/subarufan
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah the nextel cup is the real popular series

my porsche
08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
ohhh ok, well then the busch e series is way better! but i guess its easier to watch a race while your pis drunk if its only 4 turns

Smokescreen
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Busch only runs two road courses, this year in Mexico City and Watkins Glen, just like the Cup Series, but they were at Infineon and Watkins Glen, so It doesn't really matter. Toyota is setting its sight on around '08 I believe. They already run a Celica in one of the small, northeastern series IIRC. I'm probably the only one here that gives a damn about NASCAR, so if you have any questions, fire away.

johnnynumfiv
08-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I thought busch ran at limerock too.

rev440
08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey smokescreen do you think tony stewart gonna win the championship this year?

my porsche
08-25-2005, 03:46 PM
whats IIRC?

Matra et Alpine
08-25-2005, 04:59 PM
whats IIRC?
IIRC it's If I Remember Correctly

fpv_gtho
08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
oh and i forgaot to mention toyota may go for a double team setup in F1 where lexus will compete to

Ive heard that might turn out to be how they give Williams factory support in 2007

Smokescreen
09-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey smokescreen do you think tony stewart gonna win the championship this year?

Hey! someone cares! I am a huge Stewart fan (IMO one of the best drivers in the world) I think it will be really close this year, but I think Johnson will get the Championship this year, if he can put together a run like last year (which I think he will) but Biffle and Stewart will give him stiff competition. I do have a soft spot for Mayfield though, so I will be rooting for him.

Rockefella
09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey! someone cares! I am a huge Stewart fan (IMO one of the best drivers in the world) I think it will be really close this year, but I think Johnson will get the Championship this year, if he can put together a run like last year (which I think he will) but Biffle and Stewart will give him stiff competition. I do have a soft spot for Mayfield though, so I will be rooting for him.
Me likes Gordon. :) I don't think Stewart will have what it takes to pull out the win in the chase. Sure, he had a great stretch of like 3 wins in 5 or 6 races, but he'll probably die down in the end. Johnson is probably the favorite to win it this year.

r1ckst4
09-01-2005, 11:21 PM
IIRC it's If I Remember Correctly
bwahahahahaha... u cant be serious! :D

anyways... i'd say go for it... as long as they dont use Toyota Prius body :D

kennyknoxville
09-02-2005, 11:01 AM
id root for toyota