PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarksons' Cars

"Clevor" Angel
08-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I know this has been done before and I have read those threads. But I have to ask again just to get a more up-to-date list. So here goes.
What does Jeremy Clarkson own now? The only car I'm sure of is the Ford GT, and to clarify the thread, if you know what he owns or has owned state it something like

Now: Ford GT
Might still own: Mercedes SL55 AMG

dydzi
08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
iirc he gave the gt back to the ford due to problems with alarm immobilizer and so on. as it was said on this forum before he might own ferrari f430

my porsche
08-28-2005, 12:03 PM
he gave back the gt, and in his most recent column he said he just might get an m5

Matra et Alpine
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
JC doesn't "collect" cars. He gets cars for him and his wife and they get used daily.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-28-2005, 12:32 PM
They have a Ford Focus, a Volvo XC90, SL55 AMG, I think a couple of others.

Does he still have his Jag XJR and Ferrari F355?

ZondaMan
08-28-2005, 12:33 PM
He owned a 512 Testarossa before the SL55

adamfraser
08-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Does he still have his Jag XJR and Ferrari F355?

I remember reading in an article that he sold his F355 for the SL55

AF

R34GTR
08-28-2005, 12:45 PM
He had an Ferrari 355 then an SL 55 AMG then a Ford GT now he has a Ford Focus (for the family) he's still looking for a replacement for his GT ( I guess a DB9, F430 or an M5)

dydzi
08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
i think that the focus he owns is the one that ford gave him for the time he'll find a new car for himself

R34GTR
08-28-2005, 12:52 PM
^^ no he used it to teach his little girl how to drive at the topgear track (no lie he forgot to tell her about the brakes though :D) it's just a thing for in and around the city basically

dydzi
08-28-2005, 12:54 PM
that's surprising, i'd never get that car whith that amount of money and knowledge about cars. there are many better cars to drive around city

challenger
08-28-2005, 01:02 PM
i no that TVR gave his wife the griffith 500 that he tested, but that was a while ago.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, the swimming-pool blue one :D that was an awesome ride, he used it for Motorworld.

:Exige:
08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
that's surprising, i'd never get that car whith that amount of money and knowledge about cars. there are many better cars to drive around city
What .. Focus' are good cars. Read some British magazine reviews.

Matra et Alpine
08-28-2005, 02:10 PM
hah there speaks a man who has never driven in London :D

h00t_h00t
08-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Ford gave him a DB9 to drive while he decides what to buy next, I think he's still using it.

6'bore
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM
All I know is that he still has the SL55.

syko
08-29-2005, 06:23 AM
Focus'es are very good its just that the euro ones are better than the USA ones
i drive one every day

drakkie
08-29-2005, 06:40 AM
like 8 years ago his wfe had a pistache green BMW Z1

wtf :s does the bbc pay him for that show !!!! :eek:

R34GTR
08-29-2005, 06:49 AM
I've heard a million pounds ^^ wich is not that much considering the popularity of the show, but he makes more from other guest appearences and productions like his movies and the magazine

Lagonda
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Euro spec Focus' are fantastic cars. They have a very good suspension, they stick to the road like glue.

dydzi
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
it's not that i'm saying it's a bad car, the thing is that i can't imagine that the man whos driving ferraris lambos etc has a focus for his own use

Matra et Alpine
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
it's not that i'm saying it's a bad car, the thing is that i can't imagine that the man whos driving ferraris lambos etc has a focus for his own use
as stated, once you've driven in London and had your bumpers hit by taxis, your wing-mirrors clipped by white vans and your paintwork scratched by bike couriers you will want to take seomthign cheap into the city !!

Krillmeister
08-30-2005, 03:27 AM
What .. Focus' are good cars. Read some British magazine reviews.
Yep nothing wrong with ford, except IT'S A FORD :D

Prius
08-30-2005, 01:25 PM
from what I heard, Ford loaned him an Aston Martin as a futile attempt to get him to buy another of their products.

VtecMini
08-31-2005, 11:03 AM
from what I heard, Ford loaned him an Aston Martin as a futile attempt to get him to buy another of their products.Wow...

Have you ever thought about a career in tabloid journalism?

h00t_h00t
08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
from what I heard, Ford loaned him an Aston Martin as a futile attempt to get him to buy another of their products.
Where did you hear that, was it nine posts up by any chance?

2ndclasscitizen
08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
as stated, once you've driven in London and had your bumpers hit by taxis, your wing-mirrors clipped by white vans and your paintwork scratched by bike couriers you will want to take seomthign cheap into the city !!
don't british people give a shit about other peoples cars? if you did that in canberra, i reckon you'd the crap beaten through you. I know i'd let rip at some dickhead courier on a bike who scratched up my car

Matra et Alpine
09-01-2005, 02:04 AM
don't british people give a shit about other peoples cars? if you did that in canberra, i reckon you'd the crap beaten through you. I know i'd let rip at some dickhead courier on a bike who scratched up my car
it's more to do with frustration in REALLY heavy traffic, speed-control measures and mostly ABILITY.
It only takes one idiot who cant' judge gaps to take your wing-mirror off :(

The Belgians dont' give a sh!t, closely followed by the French. Look around the cities and you struggle to find a car that ISNT bashed. Friend of mine who worked in Grenoble used to say everyone couldnt' believe how he repaired every minor bump and mark !

To some a car is ONLY a means of transport. It's NOT a valued objoect. Hence why it's best NOT to mix your 'treasure' on the busiest roads :eek:

Lagonda
09-03-2005, 03:15 PM
The Belgians dont' give a sh!t, closely followed by the French. Look around the cities and you struggle to find a car that ISNT bashed. Friend of mine who worked in Grenoble used to say everyone couldnt' believe how he repaired every minor bump and mark !
You think so ? I agree that car of the average Frenchman doesn't look great but, in Belgium too ? Maybe in Brussels but that's a big city...

h00t_h00t
09-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Some courier companys around here pay their drivers a bonus for not crashing, thats how much some people care.

Matra et Alpine
09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
You think so ? I agree that car of the average Frenchman doesn't look great but, in Belgium too ? Maybe in Brussels but that's a big city...
yeah sorry , L, my input HEAVILY skewed by my exposure in Brussels and Bruge :)

"Clevor" Angel
09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I hate to state a stereotype but 90% of the GIRLS I've seen have really really sh!tty cars. All the girls I've seen who have a really nice car, audi, bmw, cadillac, all eventually have either been crashed, scratched, or the girls put on hideous pink fuzzy covers over everything because the interior is ripped up, just horrible. Guys on the other hand (for the most part) unless they're driving a "beater" they take care of it. So I don't think its a national thing, I think its a "sex" thing.

Matra et Alpine
09-05-2005, 01:37 PM
I hate to state a stereotype but 90% of the GIRLS I've seen have really really sh!tty cars. All the girls I've seen who have a really nice car, audi, bmw, cadillac, all eventually have either been crashed, scratched, or the girls put on hideous pink fuzzy covers over everything because the interior is ripped up, just horrible. Guys on the other hand (for the most part) unless they're driving a "beater" they take care of it. So I don't think its a national thing, I think its a "sex" thing.
definitely not here !!

The girls stereotypes. not the 'sex', we definitely get that here :)

<<---- my avatar is my daughters car on the track :D

Lots of girls look after there cars, maybe still not as many as boys, but most of the male kiddies will wrap theirs round a lamppost and ruin it's looks in one big go. The girls as a whole dont/ They treat the cars with more respect - not always slower either !!!

RS6
09-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I remember JC giving his 355 away in a competition. It was in the Sunday Times 'Driving' a few years back.