PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Project #1

NuclearCrap
08-29-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking of making tuning projects for GT4. Each project will have a goal, and when the goal is achieved, we'll move on to the next project. We can posts the settings of the car and have others test it until the car's perfect, and there'll be no due dates for each project. Maybe if we keep these projects going we'll all have very good cars loaded in the garage. So let's get started!!! :)

Project #1
Car---Toyota AE86 Trueno S.S. Version (this S.S. version has a very special 10,000rpm red line engine)
Goal---Perfect drift on small, technical courses
Tuning---no turbo/supercharger

sleekeywoowoo
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM
I am completely lost on what this is...Somebody help me out a bit.

Rockefella
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
© Foto_Choppa. This applies to the '83 Trueno Apex, which I believe is the same car you're referring to.

oil change
semi-racing exhaust
sports racing chip
supercharger(not turbo or you will lag your ass off)
N2 tires(luxury)
brake controller
semi-racing suspension
triple plate clutch
NO SPOILER!!!!(screws up with the areodynamics which you dont want, its a drift car, not a race car)

settings!!!! IMPORTANT

brake controller: 5|19

spring rate: 4.3|2.7
ride height: 116|116
damper: 8|10
camber: 2.5|1.0

asm & tcs = 0

you should have around 210HP

NuclearCrap
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
I am completely lost on what this is...Somebody help me out a bit.

1. This is not a contest at all.
2. We'll all tune the same car.
3. We can post settings for each part of the car. (suspensions, drivetrain, etc.)
4. Then we'll test the car and post feedback for the settings.

NuclearCrap
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
© Foto_Choppa. This applies to the '83 Trueno Apex, which I believe is the same car you're referring to.

I'll try it out soon, but if it's not for the S.S. version then it doesn't work.

Rockefella
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
I'll try it out soon, but if it's not for the S.S. version then it doesn't work.
If it's not the same car, then they're extremely similar; therefore, these settings should be close to perfect.

NuclearCrap
08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
If it's not the same car, then they're extremely similar; therefore, these settings should be close to perfect.

Extremely similar? The S.S. version goes all the way up to 10,000rpm, and the regular one is around 7,000rpm. And the drivetrain will need to be tuned. There's a lot of untuned settings in the list you provided, such as weight balance and brakes.

Rockefella
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Extremely similar? The S.S. version goes all the way up to 10,000rpm, and the regular one is around 7,000rpm. And the drivetrain will need to be tuned. There's a lot of untuned settings in the list you provided, such as weight balance and brakes.
Oh well, I don't know.

adamfraser
08-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, sounds quite cool. Wouldnt mind doing it, i have loads of cash for it :D and its not too hard, can get around 900,000 in about 17 mins or so on B-Spec. Anyway, a grea idea NuclearCrap!

AF

Dino Scuderia
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I like doing stuff like this, was tuning tuner cars(HKS Silvia, Z33 Z Tune, Amuse S2000 etc.) last nite and racing them at Le Sarthe against the prototypes. You absolutely have to get the car tuned right and drive your very best to beat the prototypes....but usually there's one you can't beat unless it runs off or something....but it is a lot of fun trying to beat them in an 'inferior' car.

adamfraser
08-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I like doing stuff like this, was tuning tuner cars(HKS Silvia, Z33 Z Tune, Amuse S2000 etc.) last nite and racing them at Le Sarthe against the prototypes. You absolutely have to get the car tuned right and drive your very best to beat the prototypes....but usually there's one you can't beat unless it runs off or something....but it is a lot of fun trying to beat them in an 'inferior' car.

Yeah, i do it all the time aswell. Mini cooper Vs 350Z is soo much fun. Although i never win in the mini :rolleyes:

AF

NuclearCrap
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
My self-tuned Aston inspired this, it has around 580 hp and it looks a bit like the DBR9. I beated the Corvette C5-R with it. :D Took quite a long time to get everything right, it does good even with the R2 (Racing Hard) tires, quite a good endurance car. As you can see in the pic, I tuned the suspensions so that the wheels can't touch the body and the body can't touch the ground (just barely).
So anyone made any progress on the Toyota yet? I believe that the AE86 can do well in city courses against cars like Skylines if it's fine-tuned. BTW, don't take off too much weight.