PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Supercar Brand?!?

jones.dk
02-03-2004, 05:24 AM
Which supercar brand is your favourite :confused: And why :confused:

Aston Martin
Bugatti
Ferrari
Koenigsegg
Lamborghini
Maserati
Porsche
Saleen
TVR

My personal favorite is Aston Martin, because the design of the cars is beautiful, the sound is amazing and the performance is nice (maybe not the fastest, but....)

Rijoh
02-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Ferrari, because they make the most beautiful cars. They're just soooooo special, magic even and the sound...........oooooooh :D :D The adrenaline pumps trough every vain of my body if I hear one. And of course because Ferrari has a great history.
I love Lamborghini-> Murciélago and Aston Martin-> Vanquish
too.

SL500
02-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Ferrari, because they make the most beautiful cars. They're just soooooo special, magic even and the sound...........oooooooh :D :D The adrenaline pumps trough every vain of my body if I hear one. And of course because Ferrari has a great history.

Ditto :-)
they make the best cars in the world,Enzo was the best super car in the 2002 and 03,anyway

in my opinion:
1.Ferrari
2.Porsche
3.Pagani

more-boost1555
02-03-2004, 12:13 PM
I think I'd have to go with Ferrari, they make the most beautifull cars no doubt. They've got the performance to match too.

I love Aston Martin and TVR too though.

Evil Ewok
02-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Porsche most likely. Rear engine, flat six growl, amazing motorsport history. Just my favorite.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
I like Lamborghini the most of all the supercar companys, I also like Porsche but i think all the best Porsche were made before 1990. Also McLaren and Aston Martin.

Falcon500
02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Ferarris new cars dont do anything for me and neither does lambo (i dont like either the Enzo or the murcialgo but i liked what they replaced the f50 and diablo) as for brands i do like and in no particular order
Aston Martin
Maserati
Lotus (well i think their super cars imo)
Porsche
De Tomaso (i know its debatable but look at the way their built and the top speeds their capeable of)
Lister
TVR
Well that all i can think of off the top of my head

SPN:DOC
02-04-2004, 03:30 AM
Porsche I love the 911 996 Turbo, I wish it was still air cooled though. :D

fpv_gtho
02-04-2004, 03:41 AM
well if the 911 was still air cooled it wouldnt be running multivalve and DOHC so theres definately benefits in the water cooled engine. my favourite brand though would have to be Aston Martin for their beautiful cars and DeTomaso cause i like the 351 they used in the Pantera

Lambo r-gt
02-05-2004, 12:38 PM
:confused: Like Duh of course its the Lamborghini well they have the fastest
convertible in the world (Lamborghini Murcielago Spider) plus they where a
tractor company and now they have one of the fastest cars in the world :rolleyes:

Suka
02-05-2004, 12:41 PM
TVR......British, cheap, crazy!

SL500
02-05-2004, 12:57 PM
tractor company and now they have one of the fastest cars in the world :rolleyes:
actually that isnt murcielago spider,thats barchetta,and your pic is a photoshoped normal murcielago

Egg Nog
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM

Even if that wasn't a photoshop, I'd still tell you that the fastest production cabriolet is the Koenigsegg CC 8S...

Please don't tell me we've got another brand fanboy... :rolleyes:

ThA_ReALeSt
02-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Even tho MCLAREN makes tha fastest car on earth (MCLAREN F1), I'm thinkin dat tha best company overall has to b LAMBORGHINI cuz it makes tha hottest cars an they feel like a space ship when u drivin dem. SO LAMBO IZ THE BEST!!!

SPHFerrari
02-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Even tho MCLAREN makes tha fastest car on earth (MCLAREN F1), I'm thinkin dat tha best company overall has to b LAMBORGHINI cuz it makes tha hottest cars an they feel like a space ship when u drivin dem. SO LAMBO IZ THE BEST!!!

i got to agree wit u about lamboghini. they are just awesome cars, in their styling and performance. but McLaren doesnt make the fastest car any longer. that would now be the Bugatti Veyron, not to mention non-production cars (i.e. Corvette Callaway Sledgehammer, which is the fastest street legal car, period)

NoOne
02-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Can't decide between the Koenigsegg CC8S or the Pagani Zonda. :)

DiabloGTR
02-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll take Lamborghini. The cars are some of the fastest cars in the world and they have excellent supercar looks. The Diablo was uncivilized and raw, while the Murcielago and Gallardo are just as fast but better handling. ;)

jameswithington
02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Hmmm, tough choice. Instinctively I would have to say either Ferrari or Porsche. When buying a Ferrari or Porsche you are buying into such a rich and illustrious motorsport history, no other brands can really compete. Out of these two I'd probably go for Ferrari because Porsche have gone way too "normal" and mainstream in recent years with the Boxster and especially the ridiculous Cayenne.

However, in terms of which type of car would I actually like to be seen in I would have to look elsewhere. In a Porker or Ferrari there is always the ever present threat of someone at the lights calling you a 'ponce', 'flash bastard', and other insults which I'll leave to your imagination. When you pull up in something like an Aston or TVR people are far more likely to just stare and smile contentedly at you (at least in the UK they are, can't really say about anywhere else). Overall I'd go for TVR. Supercar madness with average sportscar prices.

Egg Nog
02-07-2004, 10:40 PM

Was that post intended to be a joke?

nat0_turbo
02-07-2004, 11:25 PM
definitely the koenigsegg
so gorgeous, custom door work and innovative body
swedish, gotta give them props for being the underdog
just gorgeous... seriously i cant elaborate

Spastik_Roach
02-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Oh god. Porsche and TVR are in a tie. TVR's because the Cebera has been around since 1993 and its still one of the fastest cars in the world and it doesn't look dated and Porsche because Porsche is Porsche. Simple as that. Porsche gone mainstream? I have to disagree. Its a 4WD with 450hp. Boxster? Fast, beautiful car. Mainstream? No way. Carrera GT? Oh yes they are very mainstream. :rolleyes:

McLareN
09-24-2004, 06:29 AM
actually that isnt murcielago spider,thats barchetta,and your pic is a photoshoped normal murcielago

Actually is Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

Mustang
09-24-2004, 08:23 AM
koenigsegg - For the CC, CC8S and the CCR :p

shortly followed by (in no order)

Lamborghini
Pagani
TVR

PerfAdv
09-24-2004, 09:02 AM
1)Ferraris because of their ability and history
2)Lamborghinis because of their brutal nature

scubasteve87
09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Lamborghini for styling and general attitude, then ferrari for general brand mystique, and finally porshe for just all around excelence

taz_rocks_miami
09-24-2004, 01:25 PM
1-Ferrari, big surprise huh.
2-Lamborghini (hey, it's Italian!)
3-Saleen S7
4-Ford GT
5-Porsche

Fabio Ferrari
09-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Well I have to say Ferrari for this, they beauty, the power, the heritage, and the legend, all thes things just simply make Ferrari one of the best makers of all time. They are truly stunning and amazing. There is nothing better.

GrimaH
09-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Definitely a Ferrari for its looks, heritage, performance, though it seems a bit too common on the roads compared to other supercars. Alternatively there's TVR, with its exotic looks, raw performance and value-for-money.

KnifeEdge_2K1
09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Ferrari

McLareN
09-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Mine is Porsche.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Lamborghini, you can't match their presence...

r1ckst4
09-25-2004, 05:36 AM
2-Lamborghini (hey, it's Italian!)

Nope... it isnt anymore... :) Lamborghini is now made by AUDI... which is german!

tseramed
09-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Even though I would say Porsche, it is not a supercar brand. They have not made any supercar except the fabulous Carrera GT ( which I hope will come out to kick the Enzo's a**). I don't like the Enzo's look but as a second pick I would take Ferrari especialy because of the history and racing heritage.

fpv_gtho
09-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Nope... it isnt anymore... :) Lamborghini is now made by AUDI... which is german!

I'd still call it Italian, their production plant is still in Sant' Agata

jcp123
09-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Ferrari. Nobody has a racing history so glorious and classy. There's cars i like more, but to me, Ferrari stands alone as supercars go.