PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible....

targa
08-30-2005, 09:37 PM
I have a DVD of a really great White Stripes concert(Under Blackpool Lights) and I was wondering if it's possible to put it on to some sort of editing program(like Premier Pro or Muvee(sp?)) and rip the sound track to an audio disc. If anyone knows a way to do this, can you lead me in the right direction?

much thanks

Mustang
08-31-2005, 01:18 AM
I have a DVD of a really great White Stripes concert(Under Blackpool Lights) and I was wondering if it's possible to put it on to some sort of editing program(like Premier Pro or Muvee(sp?)) and rip the sound track to an audio disc. If anyone knows a way to do this, can you lead me in the right direction?

much thanks
i nearly went to that concert, it was about 20 mins from my house, ended up that i went rallying and only 1 of my mates went :p

dcsbeemer
08-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Targa, what you can do is download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ), then Lame's MP3 Encoder (http://lame.sourceforge.net/).

What these 2 tools (absolutely free too btw) allow you to do is among other things record any sound that comes out of your PC's speakers. The Lame MP3 encoder is just so you can record it directly to MP3 instead of WAV or OGG.

What you do is in Audacity, select stereo-out/ RCA-out or something like that as your primary recording device, start your DVD, then just hit record in Audacity. Let the song in the DVD finish, hit stop in Audacity, trim the edges, then save your extracted sound file.

Pretty simple eh? Not as simple as it sounds though. Give it a try, if you have problems let me know and I'll help as far as I can.

McReis
08-31-2005, 03:11 AM

much thanks

It is totally possible and simple if you use DVD Audio Extractor. If you want to add me to your MSN ([email protected]) I'll give you the program. It's very small.

targa
08-31-2005, 01:00 PM
It is totally possible and simple if you use DVD Audio Extractor. If you want to add me to your MSN ([email protected]) I'll give you the program. It's very small.I don't have MSN, Could it be sent through email?

McReis
09-01-2005, 07:24 AM
It is if your e-mail accepts 1 Mega files.

targa
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I believe Gmail does.....I don't see why it wouldn't.

McReis
09-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I believe Gmail does.....I don't see why it wouldn't.

then what's your e-mail adress?

targa
09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
then what's your e-mail adress?oh yeah, I meant to put it in the last post, sorry

[email protected]