PDA

View Full Version : need help

SPHFerrari
02-03-2004, 06:54 PM
i tried to upload a car i photoshopped but it says it is an invalid file type. any suggestions?

Falcon500
02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Though im not very good with computers i have had the same problems my suggestion is save as the pic under a diffrent name and make it as a JPEG file that works although it really brings the quality down i can almost garentee you would be alloud to post that on.

fpv_gtho
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
yeah i think your only allowed JPEG, JPG and GIF. things like BITMAP images you'd have to change somehow but ive got no idea how to do that one

Matra et Alpine
02-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Though im not very good with computers i have had the same problems my suggestion is save as the pic under a diffrent name and make it as a JPEG file that works although it really brings the quality down i can almost garentee you would be alloud to post that on.
Falcon's got it right.

You need to save the file as a jpeg.

You don't need to lose quality though.
When saving a jpeg there are options to control the level of compression.
High values mean more compression which makes the file smaller but loses some quality.
You can find that a car can usually take 25-30 compression on a large 2000x1600 raw file and you'll not notice it. With lower res pictures, the compresssion can be a bit hit-and-miss, but you can play with it to get the file size below the 400K UCP limit and still ahve great quality. You can also play with image size. Because of the way jpegs work, you can sometimes get a better immage with higher reolution and more copmressions than you would converting it to lower resolution !

Best way to learn what compression and resolutions work and which don't is to play with it.
Save the file as different jpegs with different compression/resolution and then look at them on your computer. After a while you get a gut feel for what compression an image can handle with little loss.

Good luck, looking forward to more posts :)