PDA

View Full Version : Can you play any musical intruments?

Falcon500
02-03-2004, 07:25 PM
This discussion started in what do you do with your life but i personally think its deserving of its own thread.
I personally have no musical qualifications other then being forced to play the recorder in year 3 and listening to music. At one stage i wanted to learn how to play the Harmonica my great grandfather owned but i never did get the chance to learn from him :( I think its neat people who can play any musical instruments.
So what can you all play?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Iused to play trumpet in grade 8 but now I don't really anymore, I can probably still play it though

Egg Nog
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Electric/Acoustic guitar, for quite a while now. Probably around 5 years.

Matt
02-03-2004, 08:43 PM
I've played the piano for 18 years, on and off. Right now, I don't have a piano to play so I'm jonesin' for it.

Suka
02-04-2004, 01:05 AM
I play Electric/Acoustic guitar, i ave done on and off for 7 years. I also play piano sometimes but mainly i play electric guitar.

fpv_gtho
02-04-2004, 04:38 AM
when i was 5 i started playing the piano and continued that for about 8 1/2 years before quitting. i hated the practise and how serious my dad was takign it that much that i just wasnt practising anymore. he heard somewhere that learning an instrument supposedly stimulates your brain into learning more, so he got me and my twin brother onto the piano as soon as he could. my brother gave up i think after about 5 years cause he also was sick of how seriuos my dad was taking it

Matra et Alpine
02-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Piano - studied as teenager until girls, parties and rugby took over my life. Then cars arrived.
Electric guitar - fed up with not being able to take my instrument along when chilling with mates, invested in a Pignose electric gig guitar and it's great fun - but I've learned that 'teaching grade' piano certificates mean squat when playing guitar :(

baddabang
02-04-2004, 06:09 AM
i can play the harmonica a little. but id sure like to play it like aerosmith :D

SL500
02-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Piano,for 10 years

crisis
02-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Electric guitar about 20 years ago with mates , kinda band thing. Recently started again with more mates , another kinda band thing. Two girls singing, two guitars, drums and bass. Youd think after twenty years Id be ok but I didnt touch it for about ten so I stink.

Dragon.Knight
02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
hmm I've played the piano for about six years and am currently teaching myself how to play the tin whistle

ZerK
02-07-2004, 03:45 AM
I'm learning acoustic guitar, and I'm hoping to buy me an electric guitar sometime in the fairly near future... I also play a bit of drums, and the spoons.

Wheelman
02-07-2004, 06:44 AM
My grandmother started teaching me the piano when I was like 5 years old. I actually took professional training until I was 16 years old, and got Grade 8 practical, and Grade 2 theory at the Royal (Canadian) Conservatory of Music. I've also been playing the drums for about 9 years now, the guitar and bass for 8. I can also play the violin and the alto sax, although I am sorely out of practise on those two instruments.

mechanixfetch
02-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Piano for 5 years and Alto Sax for 4 years.