PDA

View Full Version : Could it be the VE

SlickHolden
09-03-2005, 11:59 AM
http://spyphotos.autoblog.com/entry/1234000947056960
http://spyphotos.autoblog.com/entry/1234000293056962

Many talks aobut this hidden car, Is it or is it not the VE.
One thing is funny, They say 2007. And if you look at the pics someone wants you to see FPV in there. So in that i would say that might be a holden influence there.
I laugh that they think Zeta was dead cause GM N/A Didnt want it. Zeta was alive before GM knew about it:p
Things that might make it a holden VE.
VY-VZ Mirrors.
Torana style front.
the black interceptors that look like they came off my car.
Quad exhuast which has been seen on a wagon.
The detail to making it look like a FPV with tear drops bonnet boldge and ford badge.
Side Torana style flared front guards.
Things that make it not a Holden VE.
Size.
Maybe FWD?. Where is the rear diff??

fpv_gtho
09-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah i think thats VE alright, although you cant tell anything except for the carryover oblong rectangular headlights shared with VY-VZ...infact, those headlights remind me alot of the 2003 Chev Impala's

shockwaveracing
09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
i would have to say that is the new VE alright...

SlickHolden
09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Would did you make of the rear under shot?? I love how they have tried to make it look like a FPV and hatchback:p. I think that is the giveaway th front looks like FPV there is another pic on ls1.com.au that really makes the front look like FPV.

fpv_gtho
09-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I think they were just trying to make it look like a Ford like said originally, im not expecting any Ford influences in it personally. At this stage, if it looked too "Holden", it would draw even more unwanted attention in the US

SlickHolden
09-03-2005, 11:23 PM
People might say hey we won't the Holden we know it's got zeta and we wont it now:D.
The GM insider pic was all ford front i'll see if i can grap that pic.

here it is http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=330181

fpv_gtho
09-04-2005, 12:00 AM
yeah i saw those pics a couple of days ago and theres not much between them and the ones youve got here IMO

SlickHolden
09-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Wouldnt it be a shock if it was the new ford getting it's first test?
But after seeing the under it doesnt look like the control blade:).

fpv_gtho
09-04-2005, 12:51 AM
nah thats not a control blade rear end, thats some other multilink setup. i think it would be a shock for it to be out so early as a full running prototype at least. i wouldnt even know if theyve finalised the design yet, let alone made the first models etc

SlickHolden
09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Do you think the rear looks allright? I guess anything is better then the old IRS:p.
What a shame we couldnt see the front-end:(

fpv_gtho
09-04-2005, 01:05 AM
personally i think any change is an improvement. believe anyone from LS1.com.au and they'll give you a 10 page report why the 20 year old semi trailing arm plus a link setup is better than fords 21st century control blades but it still gives attrocious tyre wear under hard cornering. most people there would think an inferior suspension outhandling a superior suspension, yet in a heavier car makes it acceptable

SlickHolden
09-04-2005, 08:26 AM
The old boy handles better at high speeds for sure, But how many familys go racing:p.
So thats why the Ford IRS is best it's got handling for all conditions which makes it better all round in the end:).
With the holden IRS the first thing i would do is get a camber kit on it's bum. If i was lowering it it would be second on the list.

Blue Supra
09-04-2005, 04:09 PM
It looks interesting.

ill wait for more detailed pics to arrive before passing judgement.

fpv_gtho
09-04-2005, 11:13 PM
The old boy handles better at high speeds for sure, But how many familys go racing:p.
So thats why the Ford IRS is best it's got handling for all conditions which makes it better all round in the end:).
With the holden IRS the first thing i would do is get a camber kit on it's bum. If i was lowering it it would be second on the list.

At high speeds the Fords would be ahead, its the low and medium speeds that hurt the Fords as the extra weight compared to the Holdens hides the advantage in the suspension.

crisis
09-04-2005, 11:54 PM
but it still gives attrocious tyre wear under hard cornering. most people there would think an inferior suspension outhandling a superior suspension, yet in a heavier car makes it acceptable
Not the newest system but I just changed tyres after 48,000ks on my SV8. Needless to say my car encounters harder than "normal" cornering. :D
Cant complain given they are pretty soft "performance" tyres.

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 12:07 AM
the main complaint seems to be with the inner edge wearing away significantly faster than the rest of the surface, something the VX2 toe control links did a fair bit to rectify supposedly, but those that have spent the weekend on a track still complain. 48K is pretty good regardless though

crisis
09-05-2005, 12:11 AM
the main complaint seems to be with the inner edge wearing away significantly faster than the rest of the surface, something the VX2 toe control links did a fair bit to rectify supposedly, but those that have spent the weekend on a track still complain. 48K is pretty good regardless though
What tyres? THe last time I went out to a track day (not in my car) saw more than tyre wear. Those days in stock cars tend to destroy brakes as well. I would say that the Commodore suspension works pretty well for its intended purpose but put anything on the track and I would 1. modify the suspension and 2. expect stuffed tyres. :)

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 12:14 AM
not too sure to be honest, it wouldnt have been a regular street compound though. supposedly even the new SS's have bad track brakes

Blue Supra
09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
that was one of the points that got the SS knocked out of PCOTY last year. Brakes faded and became all but useless on the hillclimb.

charged
09-05-2005, 01:17 AM
The old irs without the control arms,produced negative camber when the vehichle was loaded,my Vt work wagon still gets about 30000km, depends on load

nota
09-05-2005, 01:41 AM
The old irs without the control arms,produced negative camber when the vehichle was loaded,my Vt work wagon still gets about 30000km, depends on load
No joke, I got 280,000kms out of 3 sets of tyres on my old HZ Kingswood V8 3speed (a great machine) so over 90,000kms average per set

Blue Supra
09-05-2005, 01:51 AM
*Drools* i LOVE the HZ :D

a mate had a green 3 speed V8 one, had the best note of ANY V8 ive heard.

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 01:59 AM
No joke, I got 280,000kms out of 3 sets of tyres on my old HZ Kingswood V8 3speed (a great machine) so over 90,000kms average per set

They mustve been some pretty hard tyres

Blue Supra
09-05-2005, 02:32 AM
oath.

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 02:37 AM
might be part of how they used to make them, as new tyres have alot more grip in comparison

SlickHolden
09-05-2005, 05:08 AM
The Control link was a big help to a old IRS.

My mum VB still has the same tyres on the front we bought about 7 years ago, And they still have some nipples on the sides and all:D Could pass them as new almost.
A friend of myn own a S1 VT Commodore Exec. She has the same tyres on it from the day she bought it, It drives everyday and it's still running great, It's dirty as shit but it's been there best car. When she was contacted to buy a Ford she Went off at them:p... When she was contacted to buy a New VY she went off at them:p.. I told her just wait till VZ or better VEII;).

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 05:13 AM
i think your reccomended to change your tyres about 5 years regardless of how much youve driven on them. thats something you need to watch out with trailers

SlickHolden
09-05-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah and being so cheap as some have said it's the most inportant thing on the car cause it's the only contact with the road you got if they go it can be very bad.
2 front for me on the 15x7 215 good brand about $95 each not bad.

fpv_gtho
09-05-2005, 06:05 AM
thats probably a bit more expensive than what my mum typically gets on the camry, about the time shes due for new tyres to pass the roadworthiness, theyre advertising them around $70 each for a 14-15" rim.

SlickHolden
09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
I need as grippy and fat as i can get, you lnow the VP's rear in the rain:D.
Not as bad as my mates VS ute but 360 he has done:eek:.