PDA

View Full Version : 1991 toyota landcruser

whiteballz
09-03-2005, 05:55 PM
hi,
i was wondering what sort of problems (if any) the '91 toyota landcruser has.
the car in question is (as far as i can tell anyway) a 1991 toyota landcruser, petrol,manual tranny. from what ive seen of the car is 0 rust (to be expected?)
no dints, dings or any other din-words on it. material seats (from memory). and it was a lovely goldish sort of colour.

so in short, what car the pro's and con's of buying this car?

EDIT: also (if known) how good is this year for off roading? which is principaly what i would like to do with it. (although it would be a daily driver too)

charged
09-03-2005, 06:30 PM
hi,
i was wondering what sort of problems (if any) the '91 toyota landcruser has.
the car in question is (as far as i can tell anyway) a 1991 toyota landcruser, petrol,manual tranny. from what ive seen of the car is 0 rust (to be expected?)
no dints, dings or any other din-words on it. material seats (from memory). and it was a lovely goldish sort of colour.

so in short, what car the pro's and con's of buying this car?

EDIT: also (if known) how good is this year for off roading? which is principaly what i would like to do with it. (although it would be a daily driver too)
Heavy on fuel,bullet proof,bit truck like to drive,pity its not a diesel

henk4
09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
My collegues in Kazakhstan have Landcruiser Prados, one with a 2.5 and the other a 3.0 litre turbo diesel. These cars were imported from Japan (There is a big export flow of used Japanese cars to Central Asia, to countries where RHD is allowed) with relatively low mileages (50.000) or so and could be bought pretty cheap, even taking into account the cost of getting them to Kazakhstan.

I have done extensive travelling in the 3 litre, which turned out to be quite reliable, and strong too, because the roads are not always to write home about. It got to about 10km per litre diesel, which given the size of the car (it had an autobox too) is quite acceptable. Ride comfort however was only mediocre, but also will depend heavily on the tyres fitted.

The car is shown here at the Tourist Information Centre on the Southern shore of Lake Issykkul, in the Kyrgyz Republic

KeRmIt
09-04-2005, 01:25 AM
whaaaaaaa go the prado

get an 86' landcruiser series 60 sahara turbo diesel
my parents had one for about 8 years great cars very reilable never had any engine problems and the box was strong too never had a problem apart from needing a new radiator toyota make kick ass 4 wheel drives

kennyknoxville
09-11-2005, 04:14 PM
the original FJs came in diesel