PDA

View Full Version : FINISHED 1992 Mercury COugar XR7 and old school Thunderbird Bill Elliot NASCAR racer

Prius
09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
here, besides from the paint transfer from my hands on the body, I think I did a good job.

Prius
09-03-2005, 07:36 PM
more of Cougar

Prius
09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Now the old school Thunderbird.

Prius
09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
more of Thunderbird

SIMPLETON
09-03-2005, 07:51 PM
That cougar needs serious alingment job ASAP

werty
09-03-2005, 07:53 PM
the cougar looks like its been in an accident :p

but i cant make models look good either, so im laughing with you ;)

Prius
09-03-2005, 08:20 PM
well, I'm prowd about how the Edsel (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16274&highlight=Edsel) and Intrepid (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17389&highlight=Intrepid) came out, I just need to do like the instructions say and assemble it with tweezers ;)

henk4
09-04-2005, 12:49 AM
here, besides from the paint transfer from my hands on the body, I think I did a good job.

well, what can I say here, There certainly is room for improvement. First of all: Keep your hands as clean as possible all the time. I don't know what paint you used, but if acrylics which I recommend for starters, than simple water is enough to wipe away excess paint from the body anyway (when it is still wet). What you may also try to do is mask part of the bonnet, to get a straight line along the front part.

For decal application (like on the NASCAR) you may want to use a hairdryer to make them settle better. Heat softens the decals and they will adjust better to rounded areas. Being in a haste with decal application, you should never be, as it takes a while for them to fully dry. When finish one side of the car, put it away for a day, before starting on the other side. But anyways: Keep on building

Esperante
09-04-2005, 07:52 AM
My models looked like that 3 years ago-I've built probably about 30 more and I'm very satisfyed with my building now. I'm not Dino, but my models are usually good enought to look factory made. I think that as you get older not only will you improve in modelling, but motor skilly too. :)

Dan Flynn
11-26-2005, 11:56 AM
The Cougar looks like a Baghdad taxi, but I'm betting my model building skills wouldn't get a better result, so what the hell!