PDA

View Full Version : Flying out

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm flying out to do the final interview with Schlumberger, an oil field research, E&P, and risk assesment company. I'm sitting at Richmond International Airport waiting for the flight to arrive. It's in Casper, Wyoming and will be the furtherest I've ever traveled West and my first time traveling via an airplane. Wish me luck,

Dodge

henk4
09-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Good luck and we count on you for finding these billion barrel reserves that will lower oil prices in the future :D

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I'll just be working on the electronics devices they need repaired. But, it's a great paying job for me! :P Only problem is that I'll have to move to another state. They haven't shown anywhere in Virginia, but the map I had was over a year old. I'll ask if they have anything new opened or not. And thank you for the good luck, Henk.

henk4
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Actually Schlumberger is a globally operating company, so in case you like flying, there is your opportunity, may be :)

6'bore
09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Good luck lad.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I just got to Wyoming at 10pm (local time). If anyone is interested in checking out Schlumberger, goto www.slb.com. It's very vast, as henk4 pointed out. Well, thank you all who wish me luck and I'll get back to you tomorrow night.

DodgeNitroBIRM
09-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, since I got back Friday, I should probably say that it definately wasn't what I expected. Yes, it has great oppertunities within the company, GREAT benifits on day one, and has great pay, I don't feel that being on call 24 hours, 365 days on an oil rig (that's both on shore and on land) is for me. Do I regret going? HECK NO! It was worth the trip to just to go and find out about Schlumberger better. As I said before, it was my first real plane trip across the country and makes me want to do it more often, espically in the turbo-prop (that was fun, probably the closest to a rally car feeling I'll get for a while). But, as I said, working in that part of Schlumberger isn't for me and I'll be turning it down if they do hire me. I may or may not have a job Monday, as well, but I've been wanting out of there for about 3 months now. I'll be exploring a few options for me here locally, trying to get on board with a few tech companies here in VA, maybe even try getting with an autoshop called RPM. But I do have an eventual (did I spell that right?) goal of owning my own business dealing with general electronics and automotive electronics and other various aftermarket componets, even some of my own design that I've had in my head for a while. I also have a five year goal to get into motorsports, actually racing in some form of professional series in the SCCA, Formula D, or ALMS (NASCAR would be a LONG shot). But, as I said, it's a five year goal that I'll have to start first by entering into grass roots racing like Autocross and Club racing. And to start that, I want to sell my car to get into a more established chassis (not saying the B14 200SX isn't bad, just something I'm not familiar with). So, I'll be going back into a Ford because that's my background, it will be cheaper for me, and if something goes wrong with it, I have many people to fall back on to get it right again. I'll be looking for a Ford SVT Focus to buy and start my goal that will hopefully come to fruition. Again, thank you for the good luck's and I'll try to keep my autosport adventures updated.