PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Sydney...

fpv_gtho
09-07-2005, 03:32 AM
If all goes to plan i should legally be licensed tomorrow *thumbs crossed*

Booked in at 2:50 for my P's, and ive got my Ext. Maths prelim tomorrow morning :rolleyes: Should be interesting, although im probably gunna fail the maths :p

whiteballz
09-07-2005, 04:39 AM
ive got all my prelims next week, two weeks. good luck tomorrow :)

fpv_gtho
09-07-2005, 04:48 AM
thanks.

ive been unlucky, the school's running them for 8 days, and ive got mine over 7 days, and my brothers got them only for 4 i think..im kinda glad, i think theres only 1 day that i do 2 exams, i think thats physics and 2 unit maths...

SlickHolden
09-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lucky your in sydney i'm safe lol:p j/k's

But really good luck mate hope all goes well for you and your on the street born to be wild;) P's:D

Birdman
09-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Good luck!

Blue Supra
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
So howd it go? youre prolly still out and about now tearing up the streets with the instructor screaming :p

IBrake4Rainbows
09-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Hope you Did well, I want to Rub in the laws you're stuck under.

:P

Seriously, Hope It works out.

fpv_gtho
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..I got my P's..

Ended up getting 70/75 i think it was, which was just over 93% so it was all good. Only thing i seemed to lose marks on was my observation doing the 3 tasks (kerb start, parallel park, 3 point turn) and in one particular corner apparently. IB4R, your not wrong mate! I went in my brothers V8 Discovery, so of course even though i drove there, i couldnt drive home!!

DrGonzo
09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Congrats!!!

SlickHolden
09-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Party Time Party Time:D Well Done Mate

IBrake4Rainbows
09-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Ended up getting 70/75 i think it was, which was just over 93% so it was all good. Only thing i seemed to lose marks on was my observation doing the 3 tasks (kerb start, parallel park, 3 point turn) and in one particular corner apparently. IB4R, your not wrong mate! I went in my brothers V8 Discovery, so of course even though i drove there, i couldnt drive home!!

Well Done Dude!

You've done better than me, I failed on my First Attempt, but that was because it snowed (A Blue Moon event in Canberra.)

Trust me when I say you'll probably never do a parallel park in your first year or so of driving, I've done precisely zip since getting my P's.

oh, and let me rub in the Fact I'm allowed to drive a 4.0l Straight Six Cherokee 4WD :P

May the Traffic keep flowing when you are around :D

fpv_gtho
09-08-2005, 01:20 AM
yeah but those jeep straight sixes are a bit sluggish arent they :p

thats a bit rough going in the snow though, you'd think they would give you the choice of going or not without losing your money.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-08-2005, 01:25 AM
yeah but those jeep straight sixes are a bit sluggish arent they :p

thats a bit rough going in the snow though, you'd think they would give you the choice of going or not without losing your money.

I probably had the best driving instructor ever.

His name was David, he drove a Mitsubishi Lancer MR Coupe (With A st. Christopher on the steering wheel-he is Italian) and he taught me everything I know. We had about 9 lessons because my Parentals don't own a Manual car, so I couldn't get any practice save for his car.

The Final Lesson i had with him was free of charge - He reasoned that Driving In snow was probably a bit much for a Driving Test - and he even got me a little model car for passing my Test.

Oh, and If you've ever foot-flattened a Jeep Cherokee, you'll see that the Brick Styling doesn't stop it from blurring your world. Although You can turn the steering wheel about 1/8th either way of centre and it won't move the car at all :p

What will be your Chariot of Choice?

SlickHolden
09-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey i can drive a enzo:p

He loves holdens ib4r :p

IBrake4Rainbows
09-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Hey i can drive a enzo:p

He loves holdens ib4r :p

Yep, Sure loves his Holdens :p

Still, I've got my eye on an '86 Skyline Sedan sitting out the front of a house nearby with $1,500 on it, I might grab the parentals for a look.

Gotta love the Astra My Sister Got, Why Not me? :p

I got very cut yesterday, some Tw#t in a Subaru Impreza (Brand New, Goes to my School, TW#T!!!!) carved me up IN THE STUDENT CARPARK! I hope they crashed it and have to explain it to daddy.......

If your ever in Canberra, Come round to my Place, I'll give you the grand tour in the regal luxury of a Povo-Spec Cherokee Sport.

We won't get done speeding, Right Bluey :p

fpv_gtho
09-08-2005, 01:48 AM
If those Jeeps are anything like my brothers Discovery, which also is only a 4L, then they'd go alright, although ive never revved that over 3000-3500 as it simply hasnt got any more after that. The whole driving test was probably done from 1500 to 2500rpm....

Just had a drive though in my friends ED Fairmont, thats supposedly had some tinkerings inside the motor. Got onto my street and floored it to 100, which was 20 more than i got the Camry on that stretch. Only problem is it'd probably stop 10m later than the Camry doing the same speeds, the brake pedal was noticeably more spongey. Thats my law broken for the day it seems.

charged
09-08-2005, 05:01 AM
If those Jeeps are anything like my brothers Discovery, which also is only a 4L, then they'd go alright, although ive never revved that over 3000-3500 as it simply hasnt got any more after that. The whole driving test was probably done from 1500 to 2500rpm....

Just had a drive though in my friends ED Fairmont, thats supposedly had some tinkerings inside the motor. Got onto my street and floored it to 100, which was 20 more than i got the Camry on that stretch. Only problem is it'd probably stop 10m later than the Camry doing the same speeds, the brake pedal was noticeably more spongey. Thats my law broken for the day it seems.
Gotta love those Ford brakes :p

fpv_gtho
09-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Maybe cause it was just an older car, but the whole thing felt stiffer..the steering, the brakes..hell even the gearshift and it was an auto!! Definately take the Camry over that for the time being, but no doubt the Falcon would be faster given the right amount of time to adjust to it.

charged
09-08-2005, 05:12 AM
Falcon brakes (EA-EF) are a bit ordinary,when I used to tow the ski boat through the Adelaide hills, you had to go gently, gently or there would be some massive fading happening :eek:

Cyco
09-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Congrats fpv_gtho

fpv_gtho
09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Falcon brakes (EA-EF) are a bit ordinary,when I used to tow the ski boat through the Adelaide hills, you had to go gently, gently or there would be some massive fading happening :eek:

Its still a common problem i think. I guess youve got 2 extremes, the standard brakes are crap, but the PBR premium kit, the coppers swear by them

IBrake4Rainbows
09-09-2005, 04:08 AM
My Sister's Boyfriends Mother's Car (Try saying that fast three times) Is a bit of an oddity. It's an EF Falcon GLi Wagon with a Fairmont Ghia front end and wheels.

The brakes on that car have warped terribly apparantly, so it might be an idea if your in the market for a model of that sort just to make sure the brakes are fine.

Oh, and Trust me, Jeeps rev past 3500, Even in Auto. You just have to cane the crap out of them :)

SlickHolden
09-09-2005, 04:41 AM
My Brothers EFII Fairmont Ghia with some extra brake power still feels a little off to me.
To be honest my brakes are a little crap stopping from 140kp/h They will not lock up thats for sure.
Might look into a disc maching next year:)

If you thought the ED had funny steering then you would love my Power Steering.
It's a you love it or hate it. I love it cause i like a little heavy feeling in the steering to light and it's all over the place. My Brothers Wife and my sister thought it was way to heavy for them.
My mum likes it but this is our own first power steering:D
My Brother loves it saying it feels better then his he can feel mor in the steering with whats going on up front even being a little heavy makes the feeling better.

nota
09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
DBA (disc brakes aust) make a reasonably priced upgrade kit for Falcons etc

Good on ya FPV and welcome to motoring mayhem!

Being able to drive around in the Discovery on Ls and do your test in it, then not be allowed to drive it once you got your Ps really illustrates how dumb NSW's P-plate restrictions are :rolleyes:

fpv_gtho
09-09-2005, 11:59 PM
DBA (disc brakes aust) make a reasonably priced upgrade kit for Falcons etc

Yeah just a set of new slotted discs, which may be just $300 or so are said to give alot of gain. My brother describes me as a "late braker" though, i might have to look into those if i ever see the need :p

SlickHolden
09-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Have a cap cook on ebay you might pick some up for $120 each;)

nota
09-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah just a set of new slotted discs, which may be just $300 or so are said to give alot of gain. My brother describes me as a "late braker" though, i might have to look into those if i ever see the need :p
These guys have a decent reputation. A mate sourced them for a bolt-on 4WDisc upgrade kit to his Charger E55. :cool: After putting up with the chancy stock brakes for 9 years he finally has an effective set of stoppers!

http://www.hoppers.com.au/index.html

Blue Supra
09-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Congrats buddy! You can drive us all to bathurst ay! :D

I take it you got auto license though?

No IB4R we WONT get caught driving let alone speeding :p

fpv_gtho
09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Full manual, thats why i went in my brothers car otherwise it wouldve been in the Camry

Blue Supra
09-11-2005, 02:12 AM
ah sweet aye!

I WOULD let you drive the 200 but youre not allowed to :p

fpv_gtho
09-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Well yeah ive already ran into that little obstacle..but then again

Just had a drive though in my friends ED Fairmont, thats supposedly had some tinkerings inside the motor

Ive already broken that law once...Not allowed to drive petrol supercharged, turbocharged OR cars with engine modifications

clutch-monkey
09-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Ive already broken that law once...Not allowed to drive petrol supercharged, turbocharged OR cars with engine modifications
:p i'd laugh at you but that would be cruel:D

fpv_gtho
09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
well..when i can currently get my kicks from the kickdown in mums camry, its probably a good thing...