PDA

View Full Version : TOCA 3 info

Matra et Alpine
07-15-2005, 03:59 AM
new info from CodeMasters on the latest version of TOCA.

14th July 2005
Real racing in real racing cars - only the best set for TOCA Race Driver 3

If variety is the spice of life, then TOCA Race Driver 3 will get any racing gamer hot under the helmet: it’s going be crammed some of the world’s greatest real racing cars when it launches in February 2006 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

In TOCA Race Driver 3 you’ll be competing over 100 individual championships covering 35 different racing disciplines - that’s more than any other racing game has ever offered. Forget modded cars, forget streetcars, forget fictional racecars, just jump straight into some of the world’s most exciting real competition cars - both modern and historic.

TOCA Race Driver 3’s career disciplines cover GT, Off Road, Touring Cars, Historic, Open Wheel, Rally and Oval and you can jump in and out of each one as you choose. The game’s sublime, authentic handling engine will give you the nuances of racing every individual car, providing for a huge range of different racing experiences.

You’ll also see how a specific racecar type has evolved through history, from the most technically advanced modern cars to historic classics, when victory really was all down to the driver’s skill.

TOCA Race Driver 3 will bring you some of the greatest cars that have competed in F1 races and you’ll experience how handling and technology has evolved and changed over the years.

From the most modern BMW WilliamsF1 Team car, through to Damon Hills’ championship winning FW18 of the 1990s, Nelson Piquet’s classic FW11b of the ‘80s, the Lotus 49 of the ‘60s right back to the Mercedes-Benz W25 Silver Arrow of the ‘30s when it was it was all about the most powerful engine on the lightest car with the fewest technical aids, being driven by the greatest driver.

There’s real race content from the US too, including the Dodge Charger that’s new on the NASCAR circuits this year. Alternatively, try the open-wheel endurance with the IndyCar Series championship cars at Indianapolis.

Other key international race competitions, featuring all the real racecars, include Germany’s DTM and Australia’s V8 Supercars series. Both championships will feature the 2005 season, complete with car set-ups, practice sessions, and qualifying races.

For a change of pace and exhilaration, try the 4x4 Monster Series with their huge, air-filled, 1.5m tyres, 4WD steering and low-end torque that’ll let you pull wheelies from the start! Similar racing, on a smaller scale, is found when you take the Baja Beetles off road. In a white-knuckle ride across the dirt tracks, there are plenty of jumps that really send the Bajas flying!

There’s also plenty to show off your technical racing skills, especially with F3, Formula BMW and the Formula Palmer Audi with its turbo boost function that delivers an extra whack of 50bph to the engine! Though use the turbo tactically to overtake or achieve a fastest lap time - it lasts just 8 seconds and you can only use it 8 times in a race.

With over 40 championship circuits, you’ll be racing some of the greatest cars on the greatest tracks - sometimes taking them to an unusual location. How about taking a V8 car out of Australia and race its 5.0 Litre engine at the Nurburgring or taking a TVR from the British GT out east and racing it at the Shanghai International Circuit?!

With so many different racing experiences and real racing cars, TOCA Race Driver 3 is revving up for a release in February 2006 on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Get yourself in the driving seat with more online at www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver3.

hmm, Lotus 49 :) Could this finally be a replacement for GPL ??
February 2006 - boo-hoo, I want it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spi-ti-tout
07-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Looks very much like GT4 technology :confused:

Matra et Alpine
07-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Looks very much like GT4 technology :confused:
For the "drifters" mayne. I've NEVER been convinced of the GT driving SIMULATION. As n arcade game it is superb :)

I liked CodeMasters line ....."Forget modded cars, forget streetcars, forget fictional racecars, just jump straight into some of the world’s most exciting real competition cars - both modern and historic."

Whether it can really get the handling physics of GPL in single seater to be seen. ( Though their FF1600 was as close as you coudl get without making the chair slide from side to side :) :) )

Spastik_Roach
07-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Looks very nice, might be time to buy a new video game for first time in ages...

Pando
07-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Nice, I just loved those oz v8 in toca 2, and the DTM's where almost as nice! Formula fords i wasn't that fond of, nor all the "crazy-racing" like the rally parts or trucks etc... :p Also I started to hate those racing-jag's aswell. If you make a racing car, cant you make it with decent grip!!!?!??!?! :rolleyes:
What was all your favourites in toca 2?

Matra et Alpine
07-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Nice, I just loved those oz v8 in toca 2, and the DTM's where almost as nice! Formula fords i wasn't that fond of, nor all the "crazy-racing" like the rally parts or trucks etc... :p Also I started to hate those racing-jag's aswell. If you make a racing car, cant you make it with decent grip!!!?!??!?! :rolleyes:
What was all your favourites in toca 2?
The FF with the V8s close behind.

Oddly enough the Jags I loved because that is what a 1960s jag on 1960s rubber is like :)

Rockefella
07-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Looks nice, good ideas by Toca. I just hope they don't feature 36,430 different homologation/racing versions of the Skyline. GT4 figured we needed 48 different GT-R's.

Pando
07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Looks nice, good ideas by Toca. I just hope they don't feature 36,430 different homologation/racing versions of the Skyline. GT4 figured we needed 48 different GT-R's.
But ZOMG they got like a billion cars in that game! I'm gonna pick the Ferrari! Oh, I cant. Porsche? Hmm. Koenigsegg? Screw that, let's play Forza. :D No offence to GT4 which is probably the best PS-racing game, but when I first heard 700 (was it 700?) cars I was impressed. When I saw how they got 700 cars in the game I was saddened. First the concepts, the same cars' production versions and ten different tuned versions of every major Japanese car... :(

jorismo
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I already liked part 2 of the game, sow I will probably end up buying 3 too...

DiabloVT
07-15-2005, 10:40 AM
ive been looking high and low for toca race driver 2, and i cant find it! :( did they even sell it in australia?

TheOne
07-15-2005, 11:37 AM
its not called toca 2 in australia, its called DTM race driver 2 i think.

am also expecting this 1, and if anybody wants to race toca 2 online....am up for it:)(tho i sort of suck)

Dino Scuderia
07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
I'll definitely get TOCA 3 or whatever it's called in the States.

Matra et Alpine
07-15-2005, 12:40 PM
its not called toca 2 in australia, its called DTM race driver 2 i think.

am also expecting this 1, and if anybody wants to race toca 2 online....am up for it:)(tho i sort of suck)

Yeas we're all trying to find our wheels as we all type.

Ther's likely to be a TOCA get-toether as well as a GPL for us oldies-but-goodies :)

It is called V8 Supercars in Aus http://au.codemasters.com/v8supercars2/ , DTM in German and TOCA in UK ( and everywhere else I think ). Clever piece of Marketing Hype. It's the same game everywhere but everyone 'thinks' it's specially for their local formulae :)

forza_autodelta
07-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I want one too , V8 pics are so beautiful

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:37 AM
hmmm, just as I was thinking that GT Legends was going to be worth it for the classic cars, Codemasters go and post soem images from the new TOCA 3 coming.

hmmm, which to go for :)

Mustang
09-07-2005, 11:38 AM
sexelent

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
fancy the sprint cars :D

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Ultima ..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Sauc3
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Looks like I'm gonna have to put some MORE money aside! :p

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
and my absolute FAVOURITE

Mercedes W196 :drool: ..... in shiny silver :D

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Real racing in real racing cars - only the best set for TOCA Race Driver 3

If variety is the spice of life, then TOCA Race Driver 3 will get any racing gamer hot under the helmet: it’s going be crammed some of the world’s greatest real racing cars when it launches in February 2006 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

In TOCA Race Driver 3 you’ll be competing over 100 individual championships covering 35 different racing disciplines - that’s more than any other racing game has ever offered. Forget modded cars, forget streetcars, forget fictional racecars, just jump straight into some of the world’s most exciting real competition cars - both modern and historic.

TOCA Race Driver 3’s career disciplines cover GT, Off Road, Touring Cars, Historic, Open Wheel, Rally and Oval and you can jump in and out of each one as you choose. The game’s sublime, authentic handling engine will give you the nuances of racing every individual car, providing for a huge range of different racing experiences.

You’ll also see how a specific racecar type has evolved through history, from the most technically advanced modern cars to historic classics, when victory really was all down to the driver’s skill.

TOCA Race Driver 3 will bring you some of the greatest cars that have competed in F1 races and you’ll experience how handling and technology has evolved and changed over the years.

From the most modern BMW WilliamsF1 Team car, through to Damon Hills’ championship winning FW18 of the 1990s, Nelson Piquet’s classic FW11b of the ‘80s, the Lotus 49 of the ‘60s right back to the Mercedes-Benz W25 Silver Arrow of the ‘30s when it was it was all about the most powerful engine on the lightest car with the fewest technical aids, being driven by the greatest driver.

There’s real race content from the US too, including the Dodge Charger that’s new on the NASCAR circuits this year. Alternatively, try the open-wheel endurance with the IndyCar Series championship cars at Indianapolis.

Other key international race competitions, featuring all the real racecars, include Germany’s DTM and Australia’s V8 Supercars series. Both championships will feature the 2005 season, complete with car set-ups, practice sessions, and qualifying races.

For a change of pace and exhilaration, try the 4x4 Monster Series with their huge, air-filled, 1.5m tyres, 4WD steering and low-end torque that’ll let you pull wheelies from the start! Similar racing, on a smaller scale, is found when you take the Baja Beetles off road. In a white-knuckle ride across the dirt tracks, there are plenty of jumps that really send the Bajas flying!

There’s also plenty to show off your technical racing skills, especially with F3, Formula BMW and the Formula Palmer Audi with its turbo boost function that delivers an extra whack of 50bph to the engine! Though use the turbo tactically to overtake or achieve a fastest lap time - it lasts just 8 seconds and you can only use it 8 times in a race.

With over 40 championship circuits, you’ll be racing some of the greatest cars on the greatest tracks - sometimes taking them to an unusual location. How about taking a V8 car out of Australia and race its 5.0 Litre engine at the Nurburgring or taking a TVR from the British GT out east and racing it at the Shanghai International Circuit?!

With so many different racing experiences and real racing cars, TOCA Race Driver 3 is revving up for a release in February 2006 on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Get yourself in the driving seat with more online at www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver3.

February ? Plenty of time to have raced-out GT-L before it arrives :)

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:46 AM
AS soon as I find pics of the Lotus 49 I WILL be posting them.

Might be time to retire GPL if they really get this right :)

Sauc3
09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
The link automatically refers me back to this. Any other websites with that info on it per-chance?
http://au.codemasters.com/games/?gameid=1731

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 12:00 PM
The link automatically refers me back to this. Any other websites with that info on it per-chance?
http://au.codemasters.com/games/?gameid=1731
ha, the downside of "intelligent" web page delivery :)
They spotted you're in Australia and feeding you the content they think you want :D
For me, even though I used YOUR link, it goes to the UK pages !!!!!

DAMN them.

Long-winded to spoof it, but I've posted the press release and all the pics so far. So you've got everything. When new stuff I'll be posting it here too.

Sauc3
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
ha, the downside of "intelligent" web page delivery :)
They spotted you're in Australia and feeding you the content they think you want :D
For me, even though I used YOUR link, it goes to the UK pages !!!!!

DAMN them.

Long-winded to spoof it, but I've posted the press release and all the pics so far. So you've got everything. When new stuff I'll be posting it here too.
Yeah some very annoying stuff there.

Good enough for me though! Thanks.

emperor
09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Here you go Matra :)

dydzi
09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
i'm waiting for that game impatiently, i hope my computer with cope with it :o
anyone know what the requirements will be?

carbuff
09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
i cant imagine it would be to strenous for a modern pc (toca race driver 2 wasnt)

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 12:42 PM
THanks emperor.

carbuff, tehey haven't said anything about specs yet.
For the highest detail you can expect it to demand a dual PCI-X graphics card with LOTS of memory no doubt :(
It'll work on lower spec PCs - afer all it's going to work on the PS and Xbox. BUT it is serious if they're going to get that W196 reflections to work !!!!!!

sauc3 -- click here http://www.bad-boy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/who.htm that's how Codemasters can tell :D

syko
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
ive been waiting for this game to come out for age's as i found toca 2 to be one of the funnest racecar games ive ever played

though in Aus its called v8 supercars 2

Rockefella
09-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh, em, gee. :eek:

VtecMini
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I know a guy who left Codemasters a couple of weeks ago to join Core. He said tha development was going well, but it was put back about four months just by the silly cutscenes. Naturally he says it's still going to be better than everything else out there. :)

6'bore
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow. Those graphics look awesome....

Long way to wait yet though...

Vindesh17
09-07-2005, 03:19 PM
those graphics look a bit too good to be from the PS2 and XBOX

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 03:40 PM
tut,tut, I'd already made a thread about this :)
Merged !!

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
In case others have difficulty with the national choices. Here are the rest of the images from the Codemasters site.

THese images are liekly from their developmetn rendering machine. So may be better than even the PC could provide unless you'res spending 300 quid on the video card !!!
Certainly not anything the PS or Xbox could aspire too :(

Still, something to save the pennies for :D

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
and more

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 03:55 PM
anybody NOT wetting themself in anticipation yet ????

GT F1
09-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll have to get this for the PS2. Driving against more than 5 opponents is gonna be so awesome with those graphics. How man cars are there going to be?

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 03:57 PM
thinking of robbing the local store to pay for a fast PC, great video card yet ???????

GT F1
09-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Damage!!! :D

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Having raced M-B truck racing a few yeas back, nice to see Toca is going to include the option of REALLY getting to experience understeer :D

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Sadly , I woudl surmise that the damage will be limited on the PS2.
Having THAT number of variable surfaces modelled to that detail will swamp the PS2 graphics engine :(

magracer
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Do you guys race TOCA in simulation mode?

I found the FFs imposible to control in that mode. The Cupra was doable.

I do´t know if the fact I'm racing with a wheel is good or bad, although I have read somewhere it shouldn't matter.

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2005, 04:29 PM
It matters lots. You need a FF wheel to be able to feel the fronts going. TOCA was one of the first which got goo dfeedback from the fronts on turn-in. GT-R is another :)
Also IMHO only a wheel lets you respond quickly enough when it's twitchy.
And remember that nobody slams a throttle in the real world, so many times I've seen the "digital" approach :) it'll always be hard that way :D

Do you have a good setup for the wheel you use ? I prefer the MS Siedewinder feedback so have two :)

magracer
09-08-2005, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine] Do you have a good setup for the wheel you use ? QUOTE]

I have the Logitech 920 degree wheel, but I haven´t really driven much in TOCA, so haven´t been able to set it up properly. Any recommendations on the settings?

Didn´t quite get you. Are you saying a wheel is faster or slower? For sure it´s better... :D

Matra et Alpine
09-08-2005, 08:35 AM
can't help on Logitech :(
Wheels are faster for me as it's more 'natural'.
Mates son drives with a dual analog pad and is faster than me, so no hard and fast rules. ( He's played playstation games for 10 years so pads are second nature )
BUT get him onto full pro with clutch and he gets lost :D

Coventrysucks
09-12-2005, 05:39 AM
I'll be saving up for a wheel now then... :rolleyes:

Mmmm... British GTs

Matra et Alpine
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
New damage update and more pics :)

Racing without damage just isn't proper racing. There's a lot less incentive to drive well and it can all become very boring very quickly.
Of course, a damage system shouldn't be so sensitive or punishing that the slightest mistake sees your car collapse around you like a badly- built self-assembly sofa either.

So what we always aim to do with our games is create a damage engine that shows realistic damage, and in recent games to the extent that it's possible to totally destroy the car, but scaled so that a little bumping isn't going to ruin your race totally.

So what's new for this version of the game? Basically, we're ramping up the detail of the damage system in a way that means it's an integral part of the physics. The various components and systems of the car have their proper effects on the behaviour of the car, and the effects of damage on those systems isn't handled in a canned manner, it changes the variables going through the code. A damaged radiator will lead to overheating, but restrained driving can alleviate the problem a little. Of course, slowing down may mean your tyres lose their heat, which can bring you other problems. As you burn fuel, the centre of gravity of the car will change as the tank empties. Bodywork damage on cars reliant on downforce will rob you of speed, and cause your tyres to wear more rapidly.

It's all about immersion really - giving the player as much to think about over the course of a race as a real driver.

So the damage system is based around parts of a car and how well they're performing at a given time - which also forms a good basis for an upgrade system, when you think about it. Upgrades act a bit like reverse damage, and certain parts of your car will perform at a higher level - but this has a trade-off, such as if your cooling system isn't up to coping with the power put out by your up-rated engine.

Matra et Alpine
09-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Like that they're also going to make the upgrades impact performance negatively rahter than the 'arcade' image that mroe power is best :)

SlickHolden
09-16-2005, 12:15 PM
It looks sweet can it really be this good? Cause i'll move into a pc shop just for a 256mb Graphics Card:p

Matra et Alpine
09-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah I suspect it's goign to need a fast CPU AND a fast graphics card.
The latter for the obvious candy, but with crash-damage affecting the car physics then there's a lot more calculation needed for every car where before it wasn't.
Start saving :)

Matra et Alpine
10-21-2005, 12:18 PM
New video from the game up at codemasters.
It's not that great except for those who like music videos - lots of cuts and angles and little real feeling of what it will be like to race :(

10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
It matters lots. You need a FF wheel to be able to feel the fronts going. TOCA was one of the first which got goo dfeedback from the fronts on turn-in. GT-R is another :)
Also IMHO only a wheel lets you respond quickly enough when it's twitchy.
And remember that nobody slams a throttle in the real world, so many times I've seen the "digital" approach :) it'll always be hard that way :D

Do you have a good setup for the wheel you use ? I prefer the MS Siedewinder feedback so have two :)
i used to have one but the cable broke and then i got a Logitech Momo, it was £80, but well worth it, its got Force Feedback, and although it kept on dieing on me (got it fixed now) it also works on PS2 (although with no self-centering spring or FF as it wasn't supposed to work with it but it does!)

Forever92
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
I will most likely be getting this. :D

Matra et Alpine
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Then we'll certainly be setting up a UCP TOCA race series.

Show those aussies how to drive a V8 :D

derekthetree
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
just looking around iand i noticed the a toca 3 demo is up.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/?downloadid=21016

it features the new honda civic round donington.

i'm downloading it now :D

11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
ditto!

Matra et Alpine
11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
just finished playing it and the operative word is "play".

NOT the best advert for a game trying to grab back the top step.
I admit I hate keyboards but this one is the worst, it clarly turns the wheel to max lock even with thte briefest of stabs, so the car slows down. You can race all but one corner on the ciruit wihout touchign the brakes - THAT is just naff :(

THE worst demo I've comea across in a long time. DOnt' waste your time d/ling it. Best to wait for a wheel controller support in teh demo !!!

11-18-2005, 12:53 AM
what! you mean i just downloaded a 164mb demo and i can't use wheel! grr!!!

derekthetree
11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
just finished playing it and the operative word is "play".

NOT the best advert for a game trying to grab back the top step.
I admit I hate keyboards but this one is the worst, it clarly turns the wheel to max lock even with thte briefest of stabs, so the car slows down. You can race all but one corner on the ciruit wihout touchign the brakes - THAT is just naff :(

THE worst demo I've comea across in a long time. DOnt' waste your time d/ling it. Best to wait for a wheel controller support in teh demo !!!

yep i agree. the handling is very unrealistic and there is no feeling of speed. very dissapointing afeter the previous games which were great

Matra et Alpine
12-11-2005, 06:01 AM
ToCA Track List revealed
http://www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver3

Australia
# Mount Panorama V8 circuit (Bathurst) (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/MountPanorama.html)
# Barbagallo – Long (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/Barbagallo.html), V8 and Short (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/BarbagalloShort.html) circuits
# Eastern Creek – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/EasternCreek.html), V8, Short (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/EasternCreekNational.html) and Southern Loops (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/EasternCreekShort.html) circuits
# Queensland Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/Queensland.html)
# Oran Park – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/OranPark.html), South (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/OranParkSouth.html) and North (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/OranParkNorth.html) circuits
# Sandown Park V8 circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/SandownPark1989.html)
# Gold Coast Indy 300 Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/SurfersParadise.html)
# Symmons Plains Raceway V8 circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/Symmons.html)
# Philip Island Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/PhillipIsland2004.html)
# Hidden Valley Raceway (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/HiddenValley.html)
# Adelaide Street circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/Adelaide.html) (or V8 circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Australia/AdelaideShort.html)?)
Bahrain
# Bahrain – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Bahrain/Manama.html), Internal (www.racingcircuits.net/Bahrain/ManamaInner.html), and External (www.racingcircuits.net/Bahrain/ManamaOuter.html) circuits
Belgium
# Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Belgium/SpaFrancorchamps81.html)
China
# Shanghai Grand Prix Circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/China/Shanghai.html)
Czech Republic
# Brunn - Brno Grand Prix Circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Czech/Brno.html)
Germany
# Hockenheim – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/Hockenheim2002.html), National (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/HockenheimNational2002.html) and Short (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/HockenheimShort2002.html) circuits
# Lausitzring EuroSpeedway – Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/Lausitzring.html)
# Norisring – Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/Norisring.html)
# Nurburgring – Short circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/NurburgringShortArena2002.html)
# Motopark Oschersleben – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/Oschersleben.html), 'B' (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/OscherslebenShort.html) and 'C' (www.racingcircuits.net/Germany/OscherslebenClub.html) circuits
Ireland
# Mondello Park – International (www.racingcircuits.net/Eire/MondelloPark.html), National (www.racingcircuits.net/Eire/MondelloParkNational.html) and Short (www.racingcircuits.net/Eire/MondelloParkShort.html) circuits
Netherlands
# Zandvoort – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/Netherlands/Zandvoort.html), National (www.racingcircuits.net/Netherlands/ZandvoortInternational.html), Club (www.racingcircuits.net/Netherlands/ZandvoortNational.html) and Oostelijk (www.racingcircuits.net/Netherlands/ZandvoortClub.html) circuits
New Zealand
# Pukekohe Park Raceway (www.racingcircuits.net/NewZealand/Pukekohe.html)
Turkey
# Istanbul Park Circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/Turkey/Istanbul.html)
UK
# Donington Park – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Donington.html) and National (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/DoningtonNational.html) circuits
# Oulton Park – International (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Oulton2003.html), Island (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Oulton2003Island.html) and Foster (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Oulton2003Fosters.html) circuits
# Silverstone – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Silverstone.html), International (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/SilverstoneInter.html), National (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/SilverstoneNation.html), and South (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/SilverstoneSouth.html) circuits
# Brands Hatch – Grand Prix (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Brands2003.html) and Short Indy (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Brands1999Indy.html) circuits, plus Rally Cross track (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/BrandsRallyX2003.html)
# Bedford Autodrome – GT (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Bedford.html), North (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/BedfordNorth.html), East (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/BedfordEast.html), South (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/BedfordSouth.html) and West (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/BedfordWest.html) circuits
# Snetterton (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/Snetterton.html)
# Castle Coombe (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedKingdom/England/CastleCombe.html)
USA
# Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/in/IndianapolisMS.html)
# Nashville Super Speedway (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/tn/NashvilleSuperspeedway.html)
# Dover International Raceway (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/de/DoverDowns.html)
# Gateway International Raceway (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/il/GatewayOval.html)
# Gateway International Raceway Road course (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/il/Gateway.html)
# Laguna Seca Grand Prix circuit (www.racingcircuits.net/UnitedStates/ca/LagunaSeca.html)
Plus:
Original circuits designed exclusively for the game:
# 3 UK Rally courses
# 3 International Rallycross courses
# 2 Go Kart circuits
# 5 National Dirt Raceway circuits

No Norschleife :( But they've said it may be considered int eh future. Add-on pack coming later ? WOudl make commercial sense. They said to do Norschliefe they'd have to cut the number of cars down from 20 ( dont' see a problem as long as there were even just ONE more woudl be fine ) and that the time to properly map Nordschleife woudl have stopped them doign TEN other tracks :D SO thanks to the cheap console owners for problem number one as a PC could easily handle 10 Nordschleifes :( Guess we'll jsut have to wait for the mod-community to get on-board and do a conversion of the GPL one :D

The official, 3-car, 3-track demo (single player) will be released this month, featuring series favourites DTM, V8, and a newcomer to the series, Baja Offroad Racing. HOPEFULLY, they'll make it more representative than the pre-release was !!!!

dydzi
12-11-2005, 06:20 AM
all in all, those are the same tracks as before :)

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 10:22 AM
The new demo is out at http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/?showdownloads=1731

Downloading now, so here#s hoping it's got proper wheel support :D

It's 525Mb :) But already got an official torrent you can grab from www.eurogamer.net
SHeez, already I'm getting it from single seeder at 1/2Mb and 14 pulling segments from ME :D

SolidStradale
12-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Matra, do you know if it will be coming out on any gaming systems?

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 01:32 PM
PC, PS2, XBox ( doesn't seem to be specific 360 version ) according to their web site.http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/?gameid=1732

RacingManiac
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
How was the first 2 TOCA though, I've heard mix review about the "storyline" and the arcade physic...

RacingManiac
12-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Just for the fact that they offer lower echelon of Formula cars I might get this game.....the idea certainly sounds good...

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 01:47 PM
How was the first 2 TOCA though, I've heard mix review about the "storyline" and the arcade physic...
The "storyline" was annoying, tho' well implemented. Coudl be fnuny at times.

Physics not the best, but a good approximation, some better than others.
The FF1600 was a particular favourite of mine.
The force feedback was one of it's highlights giving excellent feedback of the fronts slpping.

RacingManiac
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
how does it compare to EA's f1 series or the LFS physics wise?

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 02:29 PM
I never found either of them very good. Too much arcade and too easy to control slides with too little feedback to play on the boundary of oversteer.

EDIT: THAT was NFS, yeah, LFS was good in terms of control and feel. Just didnt' "feel" as in-the-moment of a race for me. Never worked out hwat it was, but it's still one I go back to occasionally.

RacingManiac
12-20-2005, 02:53 PM
F1 Challenge too arcade-ish? hmm...

With F1C though I do feel the FF to be on the weak side....

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 04:23 PM
F1 Challenge too arcade-ish? hmm...
Put a wheel on the grass/gravel and it just didnt' through you off that much. You didn't have to put correction input on oversteer in as quickly as necessary real world for single seater. ( A common difficulty in sims as they can't emulate the "seat of the pants" feel of the rear breaking away )

One of THE worst things in Toca2 and especially noticable in the V8s, you could chuck them across the grass in some places and cut corners in a way that would have you stuffed in a barrier :D The chicane at Oulton being the WORST

FerrariFan
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
YAY i've downloaded it now and i racing round Hockenheim in a DTM car is so fun. Plus i crashed it :) wow i wish they put the F1 cars in, it looks so fun :rolleyes: Mine took 4 hours to download.

Matra et Alpine
12-20-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm still only at 60% on the torrent :( I'm coming to the conclusion that my ISP is throttling the ports :(

Matra et Alpine
12-21-2005, 10:11 AM
it sucks :(

Can't get to full sim mode to see if it's all fixed, but it isnt' any improvement and in some way has gone bakwards ( maybe jsut the demo stuck in pro-career mode )

So, they have AGAIN managed to brain-damage teh force feedback. They did this once before. With FF turned on teh game freezes every 15-20 seconds !! So having to drive it with it OFF, which just sucks as when it was on you coudl feel a nice wash out on the fronts of the V8 :(

The off-roader probably shows up the BIGGEST problem in teh physics of the game and will need to see if present at the highest sim level. That is that the vehicles dont' pitch/yaw when going over rough terrain. This suggests they've simplified the model on corner forces. So, hopefully it's just in the pro-career mode as it WOULD be very difficult to drive true off-roader that pitched corner to corner and twisted on launches :D But if that simplification exists in the core of the engien for all levels then it will continue to be unrealistic over kerbs.

Drifting the V8s is just TOO easy and wheels don't lock up as corners are lifted on turn in :( DTM is like playing a kiddies arcade game. Lots of "fun" but nothign like a real race car.

There is still enough "in the moment" feeling to it that might warrant a place on the shelf, but I dont' see it getting as immersive as GPL, GTR or the early TOCA.

RacingManiac
12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
well that certain narrow my pick back to GTL....still waiting for it to be release in N. America....

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
ROFLWAFFLES

it was called "V8 supercars" in australia. in each country it was named the major driving league.

Matra et Alpine
02-19-2006, 10:55 AM
The latest vids are up on the codemasters site and the damage one looks REAL interesting. At last cars that crumple properly -- the one area left that no sim matched hte real world ( from bitter experience )

I can see that the online games will be full of kiddies trying to create "awesome damage" :(

man 430gt
02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Has the Game been released already? I thought it wasn't coming out till the 27th?

Matra et Alpine
02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Not released, Codemasters just putting more vids up on their site to whip up the enthusiasm

man 430gt
02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Not released, Codemasters just putting more vids up on their site to whip up the enthusiasm
Oh right..
And i was going through the car list and it didn't have the Diablo init?:confused: But i swear it's in the trailers?

syko
02-23-2006, 07:52 PM
It seems to have been released in Australia. Has anyone got it yet, is it as good as it looks, is it bug free unlike the lastone?

scottie300z
02-23-2006, 10:25 PM
It was supposed to come out here on the 22nd i believe it was, but it was pushed back from what the ebgames people tell me. im ready for it too.

Zytek_Fan
02-23-2006, 10:47 PM
It was supposed to come out here on the 22nd i believe it was, but it was pushed back from what the ebgames people tell me. im ready for it too.
I got an email from Codemasters saying it was sent out the 22nd. Might be just in GB though.

derekthetree
02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
i should be getting mine soon. it was posted on wednesday :D

Roy Visser
02-24-2006, 03:29 AM
im sure as hell not getting this, i have seen a video of a GTR racebuddy, who drove on oschersleben in a DTM car and did a complete lap without braking. His best time, 1.08 seconds, without cutting the track

best racing sim, my a**!

Matra et Alpine
02-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Roy, what level was it running at ? The demo versions that were out were max help and TOCA always was just a stupid arcade game at those levels in the past.

derekthetree
02-24-2006, 04:29 AM
its arrived!!!! installing now!!!! :)

re above: i've bought toca to have a fun pick-up-and-play game rather than a more accurate simulation. it goes with nfs:most wanted perfectly :D

Roy Visser
02-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Roy, what level was it running at ? The demo versions that were out were max help and TOCA always was just a stupid arcade game at those levels in the past.

full game, all aids turned off. just braking on the downshifts

vantage-v8
02-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I played TRD3 yesterday night!

What a waste of money...

The graphics are very bad, like 5 years back!
I started with the highest difficulty level: What a joke!
The steering wheel feels always the same, with every car. You have not an gram of what's going on with the car you're driving.
This is an arcade game, not a sim game, the physics of the cars are so simple, it is an insult for customers!

Only one good thing: Variety of Tracks and qualifications.

I am very disappointed...

scottie300z
02-28-2006, 09:10 AM
i agree, i got it and it is horribly easy. its next to impossible to get the clio to slide of the track for example, only on the absolute sharpest of turns. but the others you can be flooring it at a really really high speed and go for the turn in and it will slow down enough just by the friction that you will make the turn. crazy, im talking about it slowing down 40mph, w/o breaking or sliding off the road.

kingofthering
02-28-2006, 12:11 PM
this game looks lightyears better than its predecessor on the PS1. I had the first game, featured touring cars,still playing it and i enjoy the fact that you can screw up your car.

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 08:08 AM
I've been playing it a bit and its really fun, if a bit too challenging in places.
so far
I like:
The variety of car types
The close in action
Pick-up-and-play-ability :)
The fact it runs well (looking at you NFS:MW)

I don't like:
Some of the disciplines (trucks, dirt tracks...)
Getting from 20th to at least 4th in 3 laps :mad:
Annoying penalty system when you go off on the outside of a bend and get penalised for gaining an advantage :mad: :mad: :mad:

03-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I've been playing it a bit and its really fun, if a bit too challenging in places.
so far
I like:
The variety of car types
The close in action
Pick-up-and-play-ability :)
The fact it runs well (looking at you NFS:MW)
then try LFS!!!

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
then try LFS!!!

i prefer my cars to be real-life models ;)

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Ha!

Only got 3 letters for you Derek.

G T R

;)

And get that damn wheel!! :D

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
i would get gtr but the demo ran SO slowly on my (admittedly slow) computer.

does the full game run better than the demo?

and i'm still thinking about the wheel :)

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Hmm, what are your system specs?

I ran the demo boefore i upgraded my PC, so couldnt really tell :(

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 10:03 AM
1.7 ghz P4
512 RAM (rambus so a bugger to upgrade :()
geforce fx5200 ultra

i'm a poor student so no new comp until i get a job :)

EDIT : but maybe just enough for a wheel :D

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Should still run on Minimum settings im sure.
Roy had an FX5200 i think.

Only disadvantage holding me back is my screen resolution, a crappy 1024x768 :(

03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
i would get gtr but the demo ran SO slowly on my (admittedly slow) computer.
then try lfs!

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 11:42 AM
then try lfs!

nice. but i think i'll stick wth nfs. and toca. and gta. and maybe gtr... :)

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 12:14 PM
GTA as in San Andreas?

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 02:02 PM
yep. sometimes you need to go for a bit of a spin around town :)

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, its pretty fun. I have modded mine so much, there are hardly any standard cars left :)

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 02:09 PM
i love the lightwieght-off-road-buggy-thing

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
hold on, il get a screenshot of my version :cool:

dydzi
03-05-2006, 02:26 PM
shut up all you lot, i still need to wait five long days for it to appear in our fascinating shops

adamfraser
03-05-2006, 02:28 PM
hehehe :p

derekthetree
03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
that looks good

back to toca 3

I just did the jonathon palmer pro career mode bit and you get to do the North, South, East , West and GP Bedford Autodrome circuits.
those who read EVO will know that they do lap times round the West circuit.
so as a comparisioon to show how easy toca3 can be
fastest EVO time 1.19 in a caterham r500 evolution
my fastest time after 5 laps 1.06 in a 350z

i'm too good :D

dydzi
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
ok ok, i know i'm reviving an old thread but i really need help :D

did anybody pass the last championships in the world tour? i raced all the previous ones smoothly but williams group trophy or whatever it is called seems to be unpassable

2nd question - do you have all the classes unlocked when you pass whole world tour?

NuclearCrap
03-30-2006, 12:54 AM

did anybody pass the last championships in the world tour? i raced all the previous ones smoothly but williams group trophy or whatever it is called seems to be unpassable

2nd question - do you have all the classes unlocked when you pass whole world tour?

I quitted before I even got to the vintage car race. :D

Guys with San Andreas, did you guys get the cloud removal mod? It's really helpful when flying sky high, also the super drawing distance thing makes it look much nicer for screenshots. We should have an official screenshot thread for it. :)

Matra et Alpine
04-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Question: Is "Rick" a Scotsman for everyone else ?

makes sense that he's the expert :D

fish_hfd
06-30-2007, 10:01 PM
It's nice

Waugh-terfall
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Seeing as it's been revived...

I passed the last 2 in 1st place, so it is possible:)