PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances

kennyknoxville
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM
the brera will come to america? i heard alfa might make a return to the statas with the spider. i think theyd do well if they were to come back.

lightweight
09-08-2005, 04:30 PM
No official plans yet. It would sure help with sales. In fact I reckon they could double the figure they have now.
The real problem with such decisions is to establish an effective and efficient dealer network. They have 2 options.
1. Set up Alfa-only dealerships. This is the most productive and prestigious solution. Nevertheless it is too expensive to start from scratch a vast network across the States.

2. Colaborate with other companies to host Alfa products. This is least effective but it is less costly. I think that this is the way to go for Alfa, as they are a mass product maker. If we were talking about Koenigsegg for example, it wouldn't be the way to go. But for Alfa it is a viable solution.

Alfa has to face another crossroad. Will they own the dealerships, or will they use franchising? Again, owning is more expensive and more productive, but franchising is more cost effective. I woulg say that IMO they should establish a core of owned dealerships in places where they want to make impact. Then they could franchise the other dealerships that are less important

CHEESE-TACULAR
09-08-2005, 04:39 PM
i dont know if they would sell tough. their cars arent exactly peaky as far as horspower, a factor that matters in the US. i would like to see them though

Vaigra
09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
It still shocks me whenever you mention Alfa not being present in the States...it sounds..wrong lol

ZeTurbo
09-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I would like to see alfa in the States. They really would give the japanese sedans a run for their money.

QuattroMan
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I like to see Mitsubishi out Alfa in.....!

Vaigra
09-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Mitsubishi out?:eek:
no Evo's for the states? No Galants? (I personally like Galants)
still don't understand your problem with Japanese cars.

The_Canuck
09-09-2005, 08:57 PM
I like to see Mitsubishi out Alfa in.....!
damn right :D we dont get the evo in canada cause the oil cooler or somthing can only withstand a hit at 4kph which is legal for states but canada requires it to withstanf 8kph and i dont like any other mitsubishi so i wouldn't miss them lol. ( plus my friend likes them and we always argue over cars)

2ndclasscitizen
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
damn right :D we dont get the evo in canada cause the oil cooler or somthing can only withstand a hit at 4kph which is legal for states but canada requires it to withstanf 8kph and i dont like any other mitsubishi so i wouldn't miss them lol. ( plus my friend likes them and we always argue over cars)
thats weird, what does it matter, if you hit it and break it, you'll stop cause there'll be oil everywhere

ZeTurbo
09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
still don't understand your problem with Japanese cars.
If there is something you should try to understand , it is the japanese carmaker's problem with america you should look into.

evos and alfas are MORE than welcome in North america.

sunk
09-11-2005, 11:43 PM
ALFA's new director has hinted that they might return to US but it isnt anytime soon.
Expect them by late 2007-2008

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 01:18 AM
If there is something you should try to understand , it is the japanese carmaker's problem with america you should look into.

What ?
Don't understand that.
Can you give some examples of "japanese carmakers problem with america" ?

Also how much anti-japanese car sentiment is there in magazines and car circles driven by Fast&Furious and the rise of 'ricers' and I4s screaming with turbos for power ?

Alfa welcome ? Again look at the anti-Italian sentiment. Past reputation being brought up re service costs, replacement parts and even 'rust'. And the usual "Italian electronics" ( included in my own 'bias' :) )

Can you explain your points as it's not what I've seen in American car ownership circles.

sunk
09-12-2005, 01:46 AM

Of course they are......

Japs dont really understand the public, is that what you want to say?
Then why do Lexuses, Acuras sell more than Buicks?

sunk
09-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Alfa welcome ? Again look at the anti-Italian sentiment. Past reputation being brought up re service costs, replacement parts and even 'rust'. And the usual "Italian electronics" ( included in my own 'bias' :) )

Can you explain your points as it's not what I've seen in American car ownership circles.
I really can't make out anti-Italia seniments.
Masers, Ferraris, Lambos are definately loved here.
fiats arn't sold here, so not much to breakdown.

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 02:22 AM
I really can't make out anti-Italia seniments.
Masers, Ferraris, Lambos are definately loved here.
fiats arn't sold here, so not much to breakdown.
I meant in the NON supercar classes :D
Fiats used to be, Alfa used to be, Lancia used to be.
None of them picked up any reputation they'd want to retain :D

sunk
09-12-2005, 03:10 AM
I meant in the NON supercar classes :D
Fiats used to be, Alfa used to be, Lancia used to be.
None of them picked up any reputation they'd want to retain :D
This is like saying that computers will be hated by US public because of their bad experience(lots of heat, excess usage of power and slow) with the '70s-80s mainframes.
But they are not.

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 03:21 AM
This is like saying that computers will be hated by US public because of their bad experience(lots of heat, excess usage of power and slow) with the '70s-80s mainframes.
But they are not.
go ask if anyone wants to buy a Commodore omputer based on their ownership of the "pet" :D

Your analogy woudl work if it had been TRUCKS that Fiat/Lancia/Alfa had tried to sell and now were selling cars.

I'm talking of the reputation of the CARS and the negative image created for small comapct cars in the American car-buying psyche.