PDA

View Full Version : saturday night cruise The Hague september 3rd

drakkie
09-10-2005, 01:32 AM
my uncle and i went there in his 59 Buick LeSabre.it was a nice event.a real good tip for everyone living near.the audience is a bi weird, but its a good and simple show.the audience was everything from Harley-davidson to punk to corporate suits.

it is great btw being cheered at by hundreds of people when driving away at full throtle, with ur arm out of the window :D
here are pictures of almost every car that was there that night.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v30/cruisebrothers/SNCseptember05/?action=view&current=DSC00001.jpg

my uncles buick (in absolutely perfect condition):
http://www.classicpassion.nl/trouwauto_buick.php

henk4
09-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Nice amount of US Iron still around in Holland (shame of the Hummer though).

Since when is Cock into US stuff?

drakkie
09-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Nice amount of US Iron still around in Holland (shame of the Hummer though).

Since when is Cock into US stuff?

he has had his Buick for quite a while now.i think about 10 years.he heard from a friend that the show was held there and it was really good.so he,i my aunt, and two friends of them decided to go there.it is held every 1st saturday of the month in the summer.

gregvl52
09-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Somebody imported an American SCHOOL BUS???

jaromull
09-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Very nice, even if I must admit I was not able to identify them all !

drakkie
09-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Very nice, even if I must admit I was not able to identify them all !

this was only a very small portion of it.the rarest was a Plymouth Roadrunner with the huge wing. that the correct name ?

"Clevor" Angel
09-11-2005, 08:12 AM
That looks like a great show, nice buick! They even had a stutz blackhawk! The big-winged roadrunner is called a "superbird", they only made 1806 and I bet you thats one of around 20-40 exported from the US.

vectorfiles
09-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Who could help me to get in touch with the owner of the silver 1972 Stutz Blackhawk ?
This one appears to be in stunning condition.

My friend Peter runs the Stutz website www.madle.org and the Exner Stutz Registry http://www.madle.org/eregist.htm

Any help is appreciated.

drakkie
09-12-2005, 12:46 AM
That looks like a great show, nice buick! They even had a stutz blackhawk! The big-winged roadrunner is called a "superbird", they only made 1806 and I bet you thats one of around 20-40 exported from the US.

that is true, there was one surviving in the UK one here, and one in southern europe.quite a rare car.we talked a bit with the owner.

this show was just a simple meeting.it strated out as some friends that meeted with their cars in the street.twenty years later it grew out to this ;)

sunk
09-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Some amazing classic cars you have.
vectorfiles: I think there is a blackhawk owner in Pierre, SD. He has a black one-beautifully restored.

vectorfiles
09-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Some amazing classic cars you have.
vectorfiles: I think there is a blackhawk owner in Pierre, SD. He has a black one-beautifully restored.

do you have more details about that car ?
Do you know the model year ?
Would be great to see if it is listed in the web registry yet:

http://www.madle.org/eregist.htm

Do you think you could get photos ?

How far do you live from Bismarck,ND ?
There is a doctor who owns TWO Vector W8s !

Dan Flynn
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Love the parade of big ol' American iron. The boat-tailed Rivieras, and especially that school bus, absolutely rule!

Sei cilindri
09-26-2005, 03:57 PM
it defintly was good fun, even if it had nothing to do with real (italian) cars :D

Personally I was taken by the superbird, really love these over the top cars
Strange actually: it was an attempt to make use of aerodynamics but if you look at the huge gaps between the e.g. the nose section and the hood it is obvious they still had a lot to learn.

Nevertheless it is one of the very few american cars i would really love to own.
The only other two beiing a Avanti II and perhaps a 73 Mach I mustang)
(yeah, as a boy I was very impressed by its presence in the original gone in sixty seconds movie in the mid seventies and the impact has never gone away)

As for the schoolbus. Some were imported to the Netherlands to serve as hire vehicles for wedding guests.
There were even London buses imported for the same purpose
This is a lot more difficult though as they are too high and have to be shortened to be allowed on the dutch roads (max hight is 4.00 mtr)

drakkie
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
it defintly was good fun, even if it had nothing to do with real (italian) cars :D

Personally I was taken by the superbird, really love these over the top cars
Strange actually: it was an attempt to make use of aerodynamics but if you look at the huge gaps between the e.g. the nose section and the hood it is obvious they still had a lot to learn.

The Superbird was one of my favourites too.I think there was only a very small number of them on the continent,weren't we discussing that with the owner that night ?

I quite liked the very good condition Corvette Stingray too though.I have some pictures on my phone, but unfortunately i cannot take them off :(

sergio-stutz
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Who could help me to get in touch with the owner of the silver 1972 Stutz Blackhawk ?
This one appears to be in stunning condition.

My friend Peter runs the Stutz website www.madle.org and the Exner Stutz Registry http://www.madle.org/eregist.htm

Any help is appreciated.

hello, i am the owner of the silver stutz you saw at the meeting in the hague in holland.

you can email me at [email protected]

take care,

sergio