PDA

View Full Version : two new competitions

my porsche
09-10-2005, 12:03 PM
im wodnering who would be interested im two new ideas i have, one is an automotive drawing competition, and the other a guitar competition

both would be weekly, andhave a theme

such as
drawing comp: autos and the sea
guitar comp: classic rock and roll solos

something like that each week using a differnt style of drawing and a different style of guitar playing

i know we have quite a few artists here, and a handful of guitar players so it could be fun! for art just scan it on and then we have a oting thread, abnd then guitar record it some way or anothre (im still trying to figure out how to get a good quality recording on my computer)

so vote and let me know how much interest there is :)

CHEESE-TACULAR
09-10-2005, 12:29 PM
my scanner is broke but i really like the art idea, MP :)

lightweight
09-10-2005, 03:14 PM
the drawing idea is very nice and practical.
How exactly would the guitar thing work? I can't play myslf, just curious. :)

my porsche
09-10-2005, 04:02 PM
record the riff digitally, (microphone on your computer, etc) then find a host, and we all upload our sound clips and then people vote on who played it best (if we all have to do the same song) or who's original composition is btter, not sounds better, because i have a feeling that my, and other member's actual recording quality will be poor

2ndclasscitizen
09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Expand it to more than guitar and i'm in

CdocZ
09-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I like the guitar idea for the simple fact that a well played guitar is amazing to me. Classical or electric, doesn't matter. I can't play myself, but I'd love to upload the results of the competition.

my porsche
09-10-2005, 06:24 PM
expand it past guitar...to what...bass? drums?

kko
09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
expand it past guitar...to what...bass? drums?

well any musical instrument, not percussions tho. Trumpet guitar bass sax what ever.

and each week it would be a different genre-jazz-rock-funk, or maybe one week it would be a 3/4 timed solo instead of 4/4 etc
edit im in

my porsche
09-10-2005, 08:15 PM
yeah i was thinking things like:

week 1:old rock and roll/classic rock (the hollies, CCR, doors etc)
week 2: metal solos (sometimes i like to play music that i hate listening to :) )
week 3: dirty blues

etc, and i guess we could have a brass comp or soemthing if ther are enough entrants, for guitar i know of egg nog, me, sam, and maybe a few other people

kko
09-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Ill play bass and see if i can keep up!

man 430gt
09-11-2005, 03:12 AM
I'd be more interested in teh art, but hey you can do both..

Esperante
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Art competitions in the past have failed miserably. If you'd like to try again, be my guest.
Keyboard contests? :D

Spastik_Roach
09-12-2005, 01:30 AM
I wish I had started playing guitar ages ago and I could be participating in those comps, but with only just over a years lessons on an acoustic (albeit with a fantastic teacher) I'd be outclassed by you guys. However a Telecaster should be arriving for me either this christmas or sometime early next year!

my porsche
09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
shall we start?