PDA

View Full Version : Price anyone

mclaren_crazy
09-10-2005, 03:48 PM
My father and I have been playing with the idea of buyin ga Superformance MKII kit car. I was wondering if any one knows the rough price of one.

johnnynumfiv
09-10-2005, 03:51 PM
What is that? Perhaps some more details....

Matra et Alpine
09-10-2005, 03:53 PM
How much of a 'kit' are you looking at buying. Factory or second hand ? Part assembled ? with or without engine and doner parts ?

mclaren_crazy
09-10-2005, 04:08 PM
We would probably get what ever was the best combanation of cheap/reliable, and we would want to get it as fully assembled as possible, which means everything but motor and tranny from the company and then the price of the engine and tranny

johnnynumfiv
09-10-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.superformance.com/home.aspx
This is what you are talking about right?

Matra et Alpine
09-10-2005, 04:19 PM
We would probably get what ever was the best combanation of cheap/reliable, and we would want to get it as fully assembled as possible, which means everything but motor and tranny from the company and then the price of the engine and tranny
If I understand you right you want to buy the rolling shell from the factory ?
That pretty much fixes that part of the price for you - ie the factory RRP :(

Same questions are there for engine and drive train.
Are you wanting to use modern or 'classic', 'used' from a donor vehicle or 'new' from engine supplier ?
What use do you want to put it to ?
Power prefrence ? Fuel ? Reliability ? tunability ?
Engine preference ??

mclaren_crazy
09-10-2005, 04:42 PM
We want it compleatly runnable, we dont need a huge engine but we want some kick to it. Superformance doesnt include the engine and tranny but woudl the superformance dealer do that? We woudl probally want a used engine or a new one, but not an expencive, my dad is pretty cheap. It would jsut be for weekend driving and we jsut want somethign that is fun

Matra et Alpine
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
ah, are you going to ask a superperformance dealer to do the engine isntall ?

My experience is in buying and building kits and could maybe have advised some possible prices ( with a tiny little bit of research for Canadian :) )

You're going the 'expensive' route for kit cars by having someone else build it for you.
But there again you dont need to find 200 hours :D

You shoudl look for second-hand kits already built adn approved and on the road. Most kits sell for less than their cost when billed at hourly rate for construction :(

This dealer http://performanceunlimited.com/superformance/sales.html has all the prices and engine options with some nice charts showing how much bang-for-buck a kit delivers.

my porsche
09-10-2005, 06:28 PM
roughly $90,000 with engine and transaxle

why hasnt anyone flamed HIM fro "toying with the idea" of an expensive car? or for a car that is pretty quick, or one that is rare, or etc. :rolleyes: :mad:

:p

clutch-monkey
09-10-2005, 06:31 PM
roughly $90,000 with engine and transaxle

why hasnt anyone flamed HIM fro "toying with the idea" of an expensive car? or for a car that is pretty quick, or one that is rare, or etc. :rolleyes: :mad:

because i had no idea wtf he was talking about!:p:D

mclaren_crazy
09-10-2005, 09:36 PM
if we were to buy a used already approved one do you think it would be around 30-50 in that range

Matra et Alpine
09-11-2005, 02:48 AM
if we were to buy a used already approved one do you think it would be around 30-50 in that range
my gut feel woudl say yes to that range.
BUT it depends a lot on the market conditions at the time and how far you're willing to travel.
I'd advise joining a Superformance owners club. They will usually be first to knwo of cars for sale from pervious owners AND will be helpful on the points to watch out for.

mclaren_crazy
09-11-2005, 09:45 AM
thanks alpine ill keep that in mind