PDA

View Full Version : I'm Being Bloody Sued!

Blue Supra
09-10-2005, 06:54 PM
:mad:

NOT HAPPY.

I get a letter in the mail yesterday from an idiot. Basically im being sued for damages to his car in an accident (some of you may remember) earlier this year involving my parents car.

I did receive from his insurance company a request to cough up for the repairs to his car. I rang them and passed on my insurance companies details and claim number. Never gave it a second thought.

So i can only assume

a) his insurance company stuffed up
b) my insurance company stuffed up
c) he's trying to double dip and get more money
d) he never bothered to get my insurance to cover him

anyways i believe he has no case as i provided all my details willingly to him including address and phone number. I gave him my insurance details and my claim number. I have NO REASON not to assist him as its all covered by my excess and insurance company.

I think hes out for reason C.

Anyways just thought id post up and vent my frustration as im going to have to take 2 days off work, hire a solictor and the whole lot. This guys gunna get counter sued for my expenses and trauma! :mad

my porsche
09-10-2005, 06:56 PM
what a dickweed, i say go to court, countersue, and win.

CdocZ
09-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Lol, countersue.

Dear GOD that's annoying!!!!

clutch-monkey
09-10-2005, 07:01 PM
what a dickweed, i say go to court, countersue, and win.
and then sell his children on ebay!

Blue Supra
09-10-2005, 07:07 PM
^^^
He wont be leaving with anything of mine thats for sure.

PininfarinaPIMP
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
If you pay me enough Ill make the problem dissappear...

targa
09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
That sucks balls....fight it.

Blue Supra
09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
If you pay me enough Ill make the problem dissappear...

Thats the point. I shouldnt have to pay anyone ANYTHING.

johnnynumfiv
09-10-2005, 08:06 PM
My family is in the being sued process also, it sucks.

taz_rocks_miami
09-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Bluey, if he's trying to double up, you should have no problem getting proof from your insurance company that they paid up. Then, you can countersue his arse!!! :)

whiteballz
09-10-2005, 08:35 PM
this sucks man. good luck whipping his sorry ass.

Matra et Alpine
09-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Wont the insurance company take this up for you ?
As it's related to the accident it should be covered by the legal cover on your insurance policy.

drakkie
09-11-2005, 02:38 AM
i thought only americans sue someone else for no apparent reason ;)

good luck with this m8

fpv_gtho
09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
i thought only americans sue someone else for no apparent reason ;)

good luck with this m8

I think NSW is 2nd behind California or something for highest number of civil lawsuits filed, so i dont know how the ACT fits into that. :rolleyes:

That seriously sucks though. My only advice though is cover all your bases. Pretend that he actually might win, so you dont get caught empty handed when your day in court comes. The only thing worse than getting sued for no reason, is when they win!

man 430gt
09-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Very sad, countersue the mo'fo!!

nota
09-11-2005, 03:43 AM
a) his insurance company stuffed up
b) my insurance company stuffed up
c) he's trying to double dip and get more money
d) he never bothered to get my insurance to cover him
In the 1st instance, ahead of engaging a lawyer and countersuing, I'd be on the phone to your insurer asking:

Was that claim lodged against your policy?
Did they refuse the claim or settle it?

shr0olvl
09-11-2005, 06:06 AM
:D Countersue. "You sued me, now im sueing you!" :p

KELSA
09-11-2005, 07:24 AM
you should have recieved something from your insurance company about how much was paid out, and when was it paid out. find that! if you can't find it, call your insurance company and find it.

the guy sounds like a dickhead any way, you still got his rego? find where he live and...

SlickHolden
09-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Mate give both insurance companies a call and say WTF! . I handed over all info the works i gave this guy my shorts size WTF! is this now?.
See that way if he is double dipping that **** *&^t pig snake.

SlickHolden
09-11-2005, 09:44 AM
:D Countersue. "You sued me, now im sueing you!" :p
That is so American lol:D

Esperante
09-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Lol, countersue.

Dear GOD that's annoying!!!!
Countersue? On what grounds? You can't argue on the fact that' I'm suing because this guy is being annoying.' I realize the guy is a blunderous piggy idiot, but you can't expect to show up in court and plead the guy was ticking you off so you should get $1000.

taz_rocks_miami
09-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Countersue? On what grounds? You can't argue on the fact that' I'm suing because this guy is being annoying.' I realize the guy is a blunderous piggy idiot, but you can't expect to show up in court and plead the guy was ticking you off so you should get $1000.

On what grounds? If this guy has all ready collected from Bluey's insurance company and alledges in his lawsuit that he hasn't collected from anyone...those are grounds right there. Maybe even fraud charges could be filed against him.

Esperante
09-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh? He's already collected? That changes things. :p

taz_rocks_miami
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Oh? He's already collected? That changes things. :p

Bluey suspects that this guy has collected. I guess he's talking to the insurance companies to make sure and have grounds for his defence and countersuit.

Kick, his ass Bluey!!!!! :)

SlickHolden
09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Bluey almost makes my bad luck look good he's had some bad luck this year.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I think Nota probably said the most intelligent solution to this problem; make sure your insurance ACTUALLY paid out.

if it did, he has no legs to stand on, and you can lug him with the fees and charges that a civil suit brings.

Good Luck dude.

Cadillac Imaj
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
countersue the arse, blue supra.

ZemoButts
09-11-2005, 10:20 PM
for how much money are you being sued?

kennyknoxville
09-12-2005, 11:53 AM
sounds like you need some hattori hanzo steel

you should consider doing this:
http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Captures/CapturesQ-Z/Riki-Oh/riki_head.jpg to that guy

taz_rocks_miami
09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Captures/CapturesQ-Z/Riki-Oh/riki_head.jpg to that guy

You really like this pic don't you kenny? You've used it on two threads back to back.

Bob
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
what the hell is that? did he tear the guys head off?