PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 4 year Anniversary

werty
09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
We'll not much really to say hear except i'm still very sad this happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected, and our troops around the world serving our country. Lets hope this never happens again.

I dont know about you guys, but i have been to ground zero after 9/11. It's a sight to see; such a large hole in NYC. When i went there, a bum leaning against the fence was playing amazing grace on his flute...I will never forget that day.

God Bless America :cool:

my porsche
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
as soon as i realised that it was sunday (12:20ish) i made a cross

so sad :(

adamfraser
09-11-2005, 01:46 AM
We'll not much really to say hear except i'm still very sad this happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected, and our troops around the world serving our country. Lets hope this never happens again.

I dont know about you guys, but i have been to ground zero after 9/11. It's a sight to see; such a large hole in NYC. When i went there, a bum leaning against the fence was playing amazing grace on his flute...I will never forget that day.

God Bless America :cool:

Same here. I went there in June 2002 and went there again this year, and the bum was there. I dont know if it was the same guy, but was it this guy?

AF

johnnynumfiv
09-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I was there 2 weeks before it happened. Very sad to think the buildings and all those people are gone. :( :(

baddabang
09-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Wow Iv seen that flute player too!! thats kinda wierd :S

Iv been the ground zero too, Its such a sad depressing place. :(

"Clevor" Angel
09-11-2005, 08:21 AM
I went there about a month after the fact. I was up on the wooden plataeu they had there, and I wrote a few things on it. I hear its in a museum now, reading all the stuff written there, I got teary eyed, some people wrote goodbye messages to loved ones and a few "I will never forget yous", I couldn't stay up there very long.

SlickHolden
09-11-2005, 09:38 AM
It's my fathers b-day on the 11th sep:(

adamfraser
09-11-2005, 10:02 AM
It's my fathers b-day on the 11th sep:(

Its my grans :o

werty
09-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Same here. I went there in June 2002 and went there again this year, and the bum was there. I dont know if it was the same guy, but was it this guy?

AF
woah dude, thats him! :eek:

adamfraser
09-11-2005, 10:08 AM
woah dude, thats him! :eek:

Yeah, he asways seems to be there. I was sure he was playing amazing grace, but then my mum cracked a joke that was definitely not funny :o

AF

taz_rocks_miami
09-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm having problems trying to express how sad this day makes me feel. It's a sad reminder how cruel people can be to each other. The buildings will be replaced, they people who died won't. God rest their souls and console their family and friends. Lets remember this day not only those that died on 9/11 but all those who have died needlessly at the hands of extremist all over the world. :(

my porsche
09-11-2005, 12:29 PM
^^^perfectly said

Esperante
09-11-2005, 12:33 PM
The buildings will be replaced
Not as long as Silverman's alive. ;)

SlickHolden
09-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Its my grans :o
It's been a sad day in my family for 25 years:(

"Clevor" Angel
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
The tragedy of the situation is only worsened by what was done after it. Bush tried to "rally the troops" and use other countries' sympathy as a tool for getting them on HIS side. Americans, out of their own pockets (my family included), gave 1.4 billion dollars in charity and where did it go? Most of it went straight to the families affected, widows, widowers, siblings and parents became millionares, what happened to the dozens of orphaned kids? Very few got put with family and the rest went straight to an orphanige. A few people even had the gaul to complain they didn't get enough.

Don't get me wrong, the families deserved something for their loss, but what about the kids? and why did almost half complain?

werty
09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
The tragedy of the situation is only worsened by what was done after it. Bush tried to "rally the troops" and use other countries' sympathy as a tool for getting them on HIS side. Americans, out of their own pockets (my family included), gave 1.4 billion dollars in charity and where did it go? Most of it went straight to the families affected, widows, widowers, siblings and parents became millionares, what happened to the dozens of orphaned kids? Very few got put with family and the rest went straight to an orphanige. A few people even had the gaul to complain they didn't get enough.

Don't get me wrong, the families deserved something for their loss, but what about the kids? and why did almost half complain?
Your comments have no place in this thread. If you want to bash President Bush, do it elsewhere.

my porsche
09-11-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah man, wtf, we're remembering a tragedy and you come up with some anti-bush ranting, your a sad individual

oh yeah thats sad and all but whats worse is bush!

johnnynumfiv
09-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I just found out that one of the planes that hit the towers flew over in the area of my town. Just really freaky, a few teachers of mine had kids that worked in the towers, people in my town worked in the towers. Just crazy.

IBrake4Rainbows
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
It's a sad occasion, but as with any rememberance, I think the Victims would have prefered it to be a celebration of their lives rather than a sombre occasion plagued by politics and other unnecessary addenda.

I can't imagine life without my Parents, and I feel for those who have to go through that :(

"Clevor" Angel
09-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I wasn't trying to bash president bush and I wasn't complaining, I was stating facts that alot of people don't realize, I'm very sorry if I came off trying to bash anyone, I mean absolutely no disrespect. I figured other people would feel that bush's actions following 9/11 were inappropriate and disheartening, I wasn't trying to start anything with anyone.

btw well said Ibrake4rainbows.

and whats this my porsche? Complaining about me stating something subtle and your screaming it. Sorry about the anti-bush sentiment, didn't mean to offend anyone, from now on no cheap shots... my porsche.

lithuanianmafia
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
i always remember this date because a good family friend of ours, a pilot, said that he was supposed to be flying one of the planes that hit the World Trade Center, but he took a sick day. Just hafta remember, everything happens for a reason, whether we realize it yet or not

Egg Nog
09-11-2005, 10:36 PM
yeah man, wtf, we're remembering a tragedy and you come up with some anti-bush ranting, your a sad individual

Your comments have no place in this thread. If you want to bash President Bush, do it elsewhere.

You guys are over-reacting. Anyone's views aside - A) this is a public forum and B) He wasn't "bashing" Bush. As long as you are polite and decent when you're saying something (as he most definitely was), it's not "bashing".

I obviously won't be saying "God Bless" anything since I'm an atheist, but my condolences definitely go out to the thousands of innocent people who died on 9/11 and the tens of thousands more who died afterwards as an indirect result. There's really no way of justifying the death of any innocent person.

werty
09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I figured other people would feel that bush's actions following 9/11 were inappropriate and disheartening, I wasn't trying to start anything with anyone.
maybe you werent trying to start anything but you kinda did, btw i totally loved what Bush did after the attack, we went in a kicked their asses

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
maybe you werent trying to start anything but you kinda did, btw i totally loved what Bush did after the attack, we went in a kicked their asses
oh dear, do we have to point out that the people who's ass you kicked had NOTHING to do with it ????

SHeez, take any responses over into the Fleet v the rest thread as that's where it belongs.

werty
09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
oh dear, do we have to point out that the people who's ass you kicked had NOTHING to do with it ????

SHeez, take any responses over into the Fleet v the rest thread as that's where it belongs.
I'm talking about Bin Ladin and his taliban genious :rolleyes:

my porsche
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
and whats this my porsche? Complaining about me stating something subtle and your screaming it. Sorry about the anti-bush sentiment, didn't mean to offend anyone, from now on no cheap shots... my porsche.
what...? i was immitating you in an indirect sarcastic manner

and
Most of it went straight to the families affected, widows, widowers, siblings and parents became millionares, what happened to the dozens of orphaned kids?....$1.4B / ~5,000 people $280,000 and thats if every single penny raised went to family members, and thats still not millionaires, ut im sure alot of it went to things like clean up, and the memorial etc.

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm talking about Bin Ladin and his taliban genious :rolleyes:
see you in the thread you were directed to.

You were ASKED not to resond in here to ensure this thread remained without distortions. Keep here for the memory of those murdered.
And as suggested, if we're being mournful it shoudl be for all murdered.

werty
09-12-2005, 03:40 PM
And as suggested, if we're being mournful it shoudl be for all murdered.
The only people that were murdered were the poeple in the tower's/buildings and passenger's in the planes. I would kill myself before i mourned for any of the terrorists. If they were placed in front of me now, i would not hesitate to kill them myself.
This discussion is over, I don't need to argue with you

Matra et Alpine
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
MY thoughts are with the families of those killed and injured.

Let's keep THIS thread there.

:(

"Clevor" Angel
09-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Did anybody watch "The Flight that Fought Back" on the discovery channel? I don't know if it was showed in Europe or even Canada, but it was pretty well put together.

werty
09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Did anybody watch "The Flight that Fought Back" on the discovery channel? I don't know if it was showed in Europe or even Canada, but it was pretty well put together.
yep, i watched it last night, it was good, very sad

dracu777
09-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Here's my contribution to this topic. 4th Anniversary of 9/11. Taken at 9:11 on 9/11/2005 from my window.