PDA

View Full Version : Your engine maker

Homem de Gelo
02-05-2004, 02:13 PM
There are many examples of supercars and exotics which are powered by engines not made by the company who created the cars, as the Pagani Zonda (Mercedes), McLaren F1 (BMW), Saleen S7 (Ford)...

If you were going to create your own supercar, but had to rely on some other car maker to build the engine of your car, which company would you like to have manufacturing the engines?

I think I'd go with Porsche or AUDI. Since I would think about creating a car that had a twin turbo engine, and I beleive their expertise in area is enough to give me a great engine for my purpose.

NAZCA C2
02-05-2004, 04:02 PM
I would have to go with BMW. I think BMW makes the best engines in the world. The Mclaren F1 has a BMW engine so does the Italdesign Nazca C2, Morgan Aero 8, and Weismann roadsters. If BMW engines are good enough for these cars they are good enough for me. Also since entering Formula one several years ago they probably have the most powerful engine of all the teams.

Egg Nog
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
I kinda like the Idea of a low CoG flat-12. I think Porsche might be able to cook one up nicely for me...

Homem de Gelo
02-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Anyone else has some ideas?

more-boost1555
02-06-2004, 01:14 PM
I'd either go for a Ford modular V8, 4.6 or 5.4, probably supercarged.

Or one of the AMG power plants, mmmm so many choices, it would of course depend on what kind of car I was trying to make. Most likely I'd go with one of their V8's too.

Falcon500
02-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I more then likly would go for a ford modular motor or ifit was a smaller car i would probly usea cosworth turbo 4....for engines have always been very popular with kit car brands and as far as it gos their on quite level footing with chev as far as popularity gos.