PDA

View Full Version : Tuning MBs and BMWs...

Hell_Unleashed
02-06-2004, 01:12 PM
I just want some comments or facts from ya'll about this subject:

I have heard that if someone bought a Merc and took it anywhere other than AMG to get it tuned/customized, they lose their warranty right there.

Similarly, if a Beamer was taken to anywhere other than M, they lose their warranty.

When I say anywhere... I mean well recognized tuners (including Kleeman, Fab Design, Brabus Carlsson etc. for Merc -and- AC Shnitzer, Alpina, Hartge, Breyton, Hamman, Racing Dynaimcs etc. for BMW).

Does anybody know anything about this? :confused:

chamal_a
02-07-2004, 03:53 PM
While this may be true for some of those aftermarket companies, I know for sure that some of them have been certified to perform work and keep the warranty intact. BRABUS is well known to perform modifications that do not void your factory warranty for most MB products for example.

If you are actually looking into modifying an MB/BMW I suggest you get in touch with the aftermarket company as well as the dealership and clarify what happens to the warrenty. Nobody wants to own a high end german car without a warranty. Don't get me wrong MB and BMW make great products but their technology and sophistication comes at a very high price if repairs are required. :eek:

Batmobile_Turbo
02-08-2004, 12:15 AM
I just want some comments or facts from ya'll about this subject:

I have heard that if someone bought a Merc and took it anywhere other than AMG to get it tuned/customized, they lose their warranty right there.

Similarly, if a Beamer was taken to anywhere other than M, they lose their warranty.

When I say anywhere... I mean well recognized tuners (including Kleeman, Fab Design, Brabus Carlsson etc. for Merc -and- AC Shnitzer, Alpina, Hartge, Breyton, Hamman, Racing Dynaimcs etc. for BMW).

Does anybody know anything about this? :confused:
I think that some tuners (I might be thinking of ones other than MB or BMW) will give you a warrenty on the finished and tuned product. I think that hennesy gives you a warrenty on a venom tuned viper.

NAZCA C2
02-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Dinan BMW will back the remaining factory warranty on the cars that they tune.