PDA

View Full Version : Whats this? New Lambo ?

sleekeywoowoo
09-17-2005, 07:46 PM
New(Old now) Lamborghini with 600 hourses according to a Hungarian site i read, no clue if this is a repost or not, but does anybody know anyting about this?

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~reubanks/Cars%20&%20Bikes/Lamborghini%20Diablo%20Canto.jpg
http://totalcar.index.hu/images/rhirek/canto.jpg
http://www.timpelen.com/images/cars/canto_img01.jpg
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/highres/canto2001.jpg
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/highres/canto3.jpg
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/highres/canto5.jpg
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/highres/cantoc.jpg

Coventrysucks
09-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Lamborghini test mule from many, many, many, many, many years ago...

F1_Master
09-17-2005, 07:49 PM
That was the Concept for the Diablo 6.0 VT.

KELSA
09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
this is Lamborghini Canto Concept created in 98 (ish), which was suppose to be the successor of Diablo under the previous management. when audi bought Lamborghini, they did not like Gandini's work and basically scraped the project and started Murcielago L147.

there were 3 concept been made, i think Audi hated the car, sold 2 or may be all of them to private collectors. I think Japan has a black one.

I personally like the idea of the styling, and if it was refined further it would be a great supercar with the inspiration of Lamborghini, Murcielago is just too audi (german), not enough Italian IMO

sleekeywoowoo
09-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh, sweet, thanks guys, didn't know it was that old, I thoguht that maybe it wouldve been liek 3-4 years old but not that old. Thanks for the info though. :)

white devil
09-17-2005, 08:21 PM
this is Lamborghini Canto Concept created in 98 (ish), which was suppose to be the successor of Diablo under the previous management. when audi bought Lamborghini, they did not like Gandini's work and basically scraped the project and started Murcielago L147.

there were 3 concept been made, i think Audi hated the car, sold 2 or may be all of them to private collectors. I think Japan has a black one.

I personally like the idea of the styling, and if it was refined further it would be a great supercar with the inspiration of Lamborghini, Murcielago is just too audi (german), not enough Italian IMO
i love the murcielago its soo huge.. i never though it would be this huge it looks verry ferocious ready to eat anything

But i got to admit that the Diablo is the greatest car ever made IMO
I JUST LOVE IT.. i hope 1 day i will be able to buy an orange diablo
yeah 1 more question when was the last year lamborghini stoped the Diablo production was it 2003 ???

KELSA
09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
no, 2001 was the last production for Diablo VT6.0, i believe the last car to roll out the factory was in early 2002.

the murcielago is a big car, but visually, its not a wide and wild as a diablo, the only thing that looked better is the Murcielago roadster, but then with that roof on, its pig ugly.

Cadillac Imaj
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
the murcie has a 6.2 l but has less horsepower per tonne than the gallardo, which is one thing i do not understand.

KELSA
09-18-2005, 12:19 AM
they cannot be compared like that mate, they are designed and built for two competely different market segments. the murcielago is still superior in a straightline.

dydzi
09-18-2005, 02:38 AM
this is Lamborghini Canto Concept created in 98

the one over here was made in 1999, the earlier one was just a project based on the lamborghini cala. year later zagato redesigned it with it's typical style. however even lambo itself didn't like the look of it so they probably asked bertone to design the diablo's succesor.

btw, the sketch of a cabrio was made by a lamborghini enthusiast, it's not an official image

bizo
09-18-2005, 04:45 AM
its true that this model has been in lamborghini's future list for a long time, but it will be released on 2008 , and actually is the remake of the miura

Delmaster
09-18-2005, 05:01 AM
and your source is?

dydzi
09-18-2005, 06:19 AM
its true that this model has been in lamborghini's future list for a long time, but it will be released on 2008 , and actually is the remake of the miura

miura is in straitgh line predecessor of diablo and murcielago

KELSA
09-18-2005, 07:31 AM
the one over here was made in 1999

dude you are spot on, this indeed is the canto v.2, the updated version of the 97 98 prototype.

ummm..... how many bloody time do i have to say it, audi hated the car, if they liked it, they would have produced it when they took lamborghini over 5 years ago.

KELSA
09-18-2005, 07:33 AM
miura is in straitgh line predecessor of diablo and murcielago

miura countach diablo murcielago

ZemoButts
09-18-2005, 10:11 AM
AUDI BOUGHT LAMBO?? when did this happen?

250 GTO
09-18-2005, 11:43 AM
AUDI BOUGHT LAMBO?? when did this happen?
5 years ago.

dydzi
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
to be more specific, vw bought lamborghini and then gave it under the care of audi

KELSA
09-18-2005, 05:55 PM
to be more specific, vw bought lamborghini and then gave it under the care of audi

hahaha, its actually more like Audi bought it with vw money (like a kid wants a puppy and the dad buys it for him), audi is taking care of it (you feed it and look after it), but vw is looking over all the time (ur parents pay for food and pick up their dropings).

Vaigra
09-19-2005, 04:28 AM
hahaha, its actually more like Audi bought it with vw money (like a kid wants a puppy and the dad buys it for him), audi is taking care of it (you feed it and look after it), but vw is looking over all the time (ur parents pay for food and pick up their dropings).
lmao, that's the best analogy I've seen in a while.

Lagonda
09-19-2005, 05:53 AM
FWIW, I just read in a magazine that they are planning on bringing back a Miura-like car. It'll be more of a GT, with more luxury. They're even thinking about reusing the Miura name. We'll see how that pans out.

Cadillac Imaj
09-19-2005, 05:58 AM
i think the miura will be a real hit in markets.

ZemoButts
09-19-2005, 06:18 PM
will audi make an AWD lambo ?

Jack_Bauer
09-19-2005, 06:23 PM
will audi make an AWD lambo ?

ALL current Lamborghini road cars are AWD. Have been since the Murcielago superceeded the Diablo in 2001/2. :)

KELSA
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
i think the miura will be a real hit in markets.

i think it will be a rebadged veyron. built on the same plateform with "cheaper" componenets. just to create another market segement between the murcie and the veyron.

berzerker109
09-22-2005, 06:26 PM
tellu the truth i think the canto should have replaced the diablo not the mercialago

dcsbeemer
09-23-2005, 04:26 AM
I like the Murcielago too, but I can't shake this feeling I get of "super A4" when I look at it. There's definitely some spilled-over bauhaus in it's lines.

Bad thing? Depends I guess. Overall it reminds me of updated Countach with a bit of Audi DNA mixed in for taste.

The Canto would've looked OK I think, except for those round intakes above the rear wheels and the weird roof. The Canto actually looks to me more like a logical evolution of the Diablo, where the Murcielago seems to have gone a bit retro.

All in all, I have to say I think the Murcielago is an amazing car and I think Audi has probably done a good job in bringing the quality up to scratch and finally getting Lambo's "entry-level" supercar into existence.

Personally though, if I had a choice I'd prefer all carbrands to be independant companies. BMW owned by BMW and that's it. RR owned by RR. Merc owned by Merc, Chrysler by Chrysler etc. This is especially true for Ferrari and Fiat, Lambo and VW, Bugatti and VW etc.

It's just as if too much gets lost when a brand is taken over by another. Sure, certain advantages are gained like in Lambo's case an increase in quality and fit & finish. But those little problems are what made Lambo Lambo to many...