PDA

View Full Version : PPPOOStiinNNG BITMAPpsssSAZZZZZ loooooooool (posting bitmaps)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
if it's possible i would like it if it were possible to post bitmaps, on the forums, seeing as i have bitmaps that are of more supeior quality than that of some of my jpegs. does anyone else think that being able to post bitmaps would be benificial??

Matra et Alpine
02-02-2004, 06:12 PM
if it's possible i would like it if it were possible to post bitmaps, on the forums, seeing as i have bitmaps that are of more supeior quality than that of some of my jpegs. does anyone else think that being able to post bitmaps would be benificial??
Yes please, there are many older formats browsers support and I dont' see why they can't be included as long as the size is not too big. ( Course large images in pixels really means jpeg to keep file sizes to the max supported )
WHile you're at it, lets add support for videos too. You can get a lot of quality DiVX format vids in 400Kb.
Full list of file types already provided when I first joined the forum.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-04-2004, 06:34 PM
no moderators think anything of this topic? :confused:

Batmobile_Turbo
02-06-2004, 11:49 PM
no moderators think anything of this topic? :confused:
helooooo, no one? seiriously?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-07-2004, 01:01 PM
ok, maybe it needs a more flashy name to draw peolpe in, here was my previous poposal:

if more than one other person than myself posts in this thread to share their ideas on this I would be greatful.
thank you
Batmobile

Matra et Alpine
02-07-2004, 02:41 PM
ok, maybe it needs a more flashy name to draw peolpe in, here was my previous poposal:

if more than one other person than myself posts in this thread to share their ideas on this I would be greatful.
thank you
Batmobile
YES and not just bitmaps !!
Already given them a list of file types that should be supported.
As it went quiet, then either we're stuck with what the forum software supports or everyone's gonge to sleep :)

NoOne
02-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the delayed response guys. I don't venture into this forum often.

I believe Wouter to be the only one who can help you on this as I don't know if its just a setting that needs to be changed, if the software supports other formats or if there is another reason only known to Wouter.

I haven't seen Wouter around for a while ... his dad either, hopefully everything is well.

EDIT: I've merged the 2 threads.

Egg Nog
02-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Actually, you guys, I don't really think that it would be such a great idea to allow bitmaps to be posted.

Why? Look at the file sizes...

Most of the space that this forum takes up on UCP is due to the images. On average, bitmaps are around 10 times larger in size for an equal image. So not only does this take up space that it shouldn't need to, but the load times are heinously slow.

Besides, how hard is it to convert a *.bmp to a *.jpg?

Batmobile_Turbo
02-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Actually, you guys, I don't really think that it would be such a great idea to allow bitmaps to be posted.

Why? Look at the file sizes...

Most of the space that this forum takes up on UCP is due to the images. On average, bitmaps are around 10 times larger in size for an equal image. So not only does this take up space that it shouldn't need to, but the load times are heinously slow.

Besides, how hard is it to convert a *.bmp to a *.jpg?
regular paints user will know what i'm talking about... I call it Jpeg residue, anyway, i would not post that many more bitmaps, i would post ones of my moddified cars that i did in paint, which would be of a lot less quality because of 'jpeg residue' also Matra et Alpine has got more files types that he would like to be added, but Wouter needs to say something on this.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Sorry for the delayed response guys. I don't venture into this forum often.

I believe Wouter to be the only one who can help you on this as I don't know if its just a setting that needs to be changed, if the software supports other formats or if there is another reason only known to Wouter.

I haven't seen Wouter around for a while ... his dad either, hopefully everything is well.

EDIT: I've merged the 2 threads.
thanks for merging the two threads, and who is Wouters dad??

Batmobile_Turbo
02-07-2004, 11:22 PM
and also, thank you everyone for posting finally, especially Matra/Alpine.

Egg Nog
02-07-2004, 11:43 PM
thanks for merging the two threads, and who is Wouters dad??

I don't know if that precious info was supposed to spill ;)

Anyway, it's henk4 :)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-08-2004, 12:05 AM

I suspected;)

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2004, 05:31 AM

Aha, I didn't know that.

henk4 had mailed me that he was away for a few weeks a couple of weeks ago. He's the leader in the "26 questions" series and apologised he'd not be able to provide any answers :) Nice guy ! We're stuck on 'O' for female racing driver and we need him back !!!

Pliz
02-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Besides, how hard is it to convert a *.bmp to a *.jpg? i aint a comp geek, can you tell me how to do that? and i'll give you a picture of a holden which has been f'd up big time, its funny too