bob--------------------307520--3--8
magracer--------------308844--5--7
challenger----------------------9--6
adamfraser---------------------3--8
theone--------------------------2--10
fpv-gtho------------------------2--10
blue supra----------------------1--12

rules:
Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
You will PM your best time to SIMPLETON.
You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.
The only member(s) who may post their time before Comp. is over, are
My Porsche
The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
Scoring goes like this:
1st place recieves 10 points.
2nd place get 8.
3rd gets 6.
4th gets 4
5nd gets 2.
Everybody else recieves 1 point.
There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

so whatll it be thgis week jack?

Bob
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I was like 8 seconds off, :(. What car did you end up using jack?

Suggestion for this week's car- Caterham

shockwaveracing
09-20-2005, 12:42 AM
damn i only put an hour into this competition... i reckon i could have got Jack with a little more practice... damn... ah well, congrats again Jack, what will it be this time, oh and i was using the Nissan R89C (only bloody fast car i have :( ) for people that want to know...

Blue Supra
09-20-2005, 06:08 AM
bring it! im keen to move up the ladder :p

RazaBlade
09-20-2005, 06:43 AM
An hour! Thats commitment mate! I put in 2 sets of 4 laps...i guess it shows!!! Will be puttin in even less when uni starts next week!

Dino Scuderia
09-20-2005, 06:57 AM
I kind of liked this choice of car idea, I almost suggested a choice of two cars the one time I got to pick the Challenge.

shockwaveracing
09-20-2005, 07:47 AM
An hour! Thats commitment mate! I put in 2 sets of 4 laps...i guess it shows!!! Will be puttin in even less when uni starts next week!

commitment, nah nothing like that, fluked having a good car, as my only capable lemans racer. was at the missus' place at the time and she gets a little cranky when i play GT4 for too long so was under a bit of pressure hence i probably only managed half a dozen whole laps and at least that amount again in laps where i stuffed up in a big way... before my attention was needed elsewhere...

plus the rest of the week was spent on organising my 21st b'day party (which i got way too drunk at but ya get that), so sunday was my first time all week on the last challenge...

RazaBlade
09-20-2005, 08:16 AM
my 21st b'day party

happy belated birthday!

magracer
09-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Just out of curiosity, can everybody post which car they used. (So that Simpleton doesnīt have to).

As stated in the last thread I used the Toyota Minolta C-88V. Used the Nissan N92C for a test lap, and, although it seemed narrower (good for chicanes), it didnīt provide any significant performance or top speed gains.
Couldnīt get the Sauber...

Jack_Bauer
09-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Ladies and gentlemen (and those somewhere inbetween), you may or may not be sad to hear that I am officially retiring from the arena of the UCP GT4 Challenge. In the next week or so I'm due to move house, and there is also possibly going to be a change in career, so the time I get for GT4 will no doubt diminish considerably. Plus I figure the competition would probably be a little more exciting for you guys with me not in it. :)

(Also there is the fact that Pro Evo 5 is due to be released in the next few weeks. Ask me in a couple of months and I'll be like, "Gran Tur-what-mo???" :D )

I've had a pretty good run I think, I'm happy with the way I've performed. Not quite a 100% record (damn you Dino! :mad: ;) ) but I figure 10 out of 11 ain't bad! :)

I shall set this last challenge for you guys....

Arcade Mode, Time Trial

Car: Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03

Track: Cote d'Azur

Quicktune: As much as you like

Tyres: Sports Soft

No Driving Aids!!

May the battle for my successor be as bloody and savage as possible!!! :p (My money's on a straight fight between Dino Scuderia and shockwaveracing)

It's been emotional. Enjoy... :)

magracer
09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
My money's on a straight fight between Dino Scuderia and shockwaveracing

I'm offended!!! :D :D :D

Curious, I wanted a MR for this week, but thought more on the traditional side(MR2 or RUF 3400).

Ok guys, letīs try to give Jack a run for his money on this last task! (Of course donīt count on me to do it!!!)

Mag

Jack_Bauer
09-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Ok guys, letīs try to give Jack a run for his money on this last task! (Of course donīt count on me to do it!!!)

Mag

You misunderstood me, I'm officially retired! I'm not competing in this challenge so you're on your own. I just thought I'd set the challenge as I won the last one. :)

magracer
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
I am officially retiring from the arena of the UCP GT4 Challenge

This gave me the impression of one last to go.

Well, your challenges were fun...thanks and weīll see you around

CHEESE-TACULAR
09-20-2005, 11:16 AM
by "255" you mean the 2nd clio right?

Jack_Bauer
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
by "255" you mean the 2nd clio right?

Yes that's what I meant. To give it it's full title: Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03

:)

my porsche
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
its been fun having my ass handed to me by you jack, cheers mate

Jack_Bauer
09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
its been fun having my ass handed to me by you jack, cheers mate

Don't mention it! :p

shockwaveracing
09-20-2005, 11:51 PM
DAMN!!! always the bridesmaid to you Jack... heck i might win one for a change, we shall see... good luck with your future commitments though mate, and good racing against you...

Jack_Bauer
09-21-2005, 05:04 AM
DAMN!!! always the bridesmaid to you Jack... heck i might win one for a change, we shall see... good luck with your future commitments though mate, and good racing against you...

To be honest mate you screwed yourself out of a victory last week! I set a time of 3'00.2 which I was pretty happy with, I was just gonna submit that. Then you admitted on the thread that you'd broken 3 minutes. Cue several FRANTIC laps trying to shave a few tenths here and there. Obviously I HAD to win last week, couldn't have retired on a losing note! :p

You should've kept your trap shut! ;)

Bob
09-21-2005, 06:21 PM
How are you guys doing on this? Personally I love this challenge, the car responds great to drifts, mostly in the first section. I feel really fast at this, but knowing you guys I'll be at least a second off the pace.

Dino Scuderia
09-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I find it hard to see on this course...when the guardrail on the left side of the road blends in with the one on the right, and vise versa, at your entry point to a turn....many times I turn in too late or a bit too early and graze the rail.

Then there's an art to driving this car smooth through the transitions to keep the snap oversteer under control.

magracer
09-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm having trouble being consistent. Normally I'm slow but consistent. Oversteer is a problem, but it also does nasty understeer when trying to brake late.

If this is the phase 2 which is supposedly user friendly, imagine how phase 1 was!!! Also, it feels sloooow and heavy after the cars on previous challenges.

shockwaveracing
09-22-2005, 12:04 AM
To be honest mate you screwed yourself out of a victory last week! I set a time of 3'00.2 which I was pretty happy with, I was just gonna submit that. Then you admitted on the thread that you'd broken 3 minutes. Cue several FRANTIC laps trying to shave a few tenths here and there. Obviously I HAD to win last week, couldn't have retired on a losing note! :p

DOH!!!

will keep it well shut from now on...

Bob
09-22-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't think the car feels slow at all, I prefer cars where you push the limits of traction around 70-100 and drift a bit, the LMPs with massive downforce are no fun. I think I'm pretty fast on this, but I think I can squeeze maybe one more second out.

I think the key to this car is precise steering control at all times. Wheel helps a lot.

Rockefella
09-22-2005, 08:23 PM

Yeah, sure. Way to cheat. :)

Dino Scuderia
09-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Reminder to PM your times to SIMPLETON before midnite tonite. :)

shockwaveracing
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
got a fairly good time this week... not 100% happy with it though... lost nearly 0.6 of a second through the last sector so i know i could have been maybe a second quicker...