PDA

View Full Version : Car Image Competition!

TVR IS KING
09-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I wanted to see some great pictures of cars, and i thought i should start a thread on this. Competitions are more fun. Todays wednesday so the first week will only be short. But basically, whoevers picture i like the most, and gets the most reaction from everyone else wins. On sunday i will start a judging kinda thing...If you want to vote for your favourite picture, leave a comment on sunday or monday. I hope this doesn't suck ass, i want to see some great pictures of cars. Whoever leaves the first comment...id appreaciate it if you could email me so i know when i should start checking the page, [email protected]
i want to see some good pics people!

TVR IS KING
09-20-2005, 08:28 PM
i thought i might post a picture to get the competition rolling. Pagani Zonda

Jack_Bauer
09-20-2005, 08:31 PM
By 'car image' do you mean photographs or drawings/designs? If you mean photographs then we already have an Automotive Photography Competition over in the Multimedia section:- http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17902

I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join in that competition with your own submissions. :)

TVR IS KING
09-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh thank you friend, that is what i meant. I didnt know there was a multimedia section! I have slow internet and i spent a long time just sifting throught the 10 pages of competitions and quizzes to make sure i was making a double. You're a moderator? ("super moderator") you can feel free to close this thread if it is within your power. I like having my own thread though...Still i found what i was looking for!
thank you

TVR IS KING
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
super moderator person?
could you explain that thread to me?
i cant find the rules because a new thread was started at the start of each competition week.
do i have to take my own photos?
if so..is it possible for me to start a new thread where i tried to already?
where it is just photos...or does that infringe on copywrites or something...

clutch-monkey
09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
super moderator person?
could you explain that thread to me?
i cant find the rules because a new thread was started at the start of each competition week.
do i have to take my own photos?
if so..is it possible for me to start a new thread where i tried to already?
where it is just photos...or does that infringe on copywrites or something...
yeah the other thread is a photography competition where members enter photos they have taken.
if you want to start a competition where people post the best pictures in their collection it should be ok.

TVR IS KING
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
ok thank you. This is now a competition for photos of cars. Submit your favourite photos, any photos at all from any where. The favourite will win. I hope someone goes here...otherwise i will feel unloved.

Matra et Alpine
09-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Welcome TVR.

Sorry to rain on your parade you may want to look at the POTD thread too.
It kind of is along the lines of what you're seeking - but without the competition part.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5555
You "win" there if Wouter decides to put it on UCPs main page.

I think having a weekly competition liek you suggest woudl still be fun though as hopefully we'd see folks pull some intersting pics from sites for us to see.

I wonder how many UCP pics will get posted and win though :D

Good luck with it.

TVR IS KING
09-21-2005, 03:27 AM
wow so thats how the potd works
i look at it everyday without fail
thank you so very kindly
if you can close this thread pelase do
im going there!
thats kool
im gunna try an close it
but i hav slow net
lol
so yer
thanks bya

Vaigra
09-21-2005, 05:26 AM
the POTD is not ALWAYS taken from that thread though. Any pictures Wouter might like from any other thread also have a chance of being POTD.
Hope you stick around and post on UCP this time :p

TVR IS KING
09-21-2005, 05:33 AM
yeah i suspected as much
whos wouter?
hwo do you become a senior member?

Vaigra
09-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Wouter: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=7
runs UCP, don't piss him off :p

Senior Member, just stick around and stay active. You'll get there.

Rockefella
09-21-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah i suspected as much
whos wouter?
hwo do you become a senior member?
500 posts to become a senior member. As of now, that's the highest rank attainable, not counting moderators who can only be selected by Wouter (Owns/runs the site) and the mod team. Moderators have bolded usernames.

6'bore
09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
500 posts to become a senior member. As of now, that's the highest rank attainable, not counting moderators who can only be selected by Wouter (Owns/runs the site) and the mod team. Moderators have bolded usernames.

When you pay to be a supporting member like Roc and myself, you are able to change it.

TVR IS KING
09-23-2005, 07:53 PM
im 15, and only just 15, i cant pay for anything. if i could id pay for this site :P

Esperante
09-23-2005, 08:01 PM
i thought i might post a picture to get the competition rolling. Pagani Zonda
Meh-not a good pic, IMO, the car should be turned a little more, so that the side section that's illuminated should be in shadow.

TVR IS KING
09-23-2005, 08:21 PM
maybe..still i lov eit the way it is, i think it is a beautiful picture ;)