PDA

View Full Version : Holden Motorsport Engines

Waatz
09-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I was just wondering if anyone would know. . . where are the Holden Motorsport Engine Blocks cast? are they a chev block or are they totaly Holden and made in Aussie?
TIA

crisis
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I was just wondering if anyone would know. . . where are the Holden Motorsport Engine Blocks cast? are they a chev block or are they totaly Holden and made in Aussie?
TIA
I believe they Chev and are sourced from the US.

SlickHolden
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Corecto and have been since maybe ???? 91 for some unlike LP who was useing his Holden engine or chev engine with Holden badges on it:).

fpv_gtho
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
people like paul morris machine up their own engine heads, so maybe him and LP do something similar with the blocks

2ndclasscitizen
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
i thought the HMS motors were completely different from the 18 degree chev donks some teams used, because when Super Cheap Racing went to the HMS, they had all sorts of problems because all of thw anciliaries had to be moved

Waatz
09-22-2005, 12:53 AM
i thought the HMS motors were completely different from the 18 degree chev donks some teams used, because when Super Cheap Racing went to the HMS, they had all sorts of problems because all of thw anciliaries had to be moved

Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking, I cant find anything to suggest that HMS do make there own engine blocks anywhere. Oh well thanks for the help

SlickHolden
09-22-2005, 01:38 AM
My Brother thinks Morris makes good engines to. I think he makes a bad co driver at bathurst:p

fpv_gtho
09-23-2005, 03:10 AM

They must be, i think HRT ran into trouble with the ancilliaries on the Aurora/HMS engines with the distributor. The Ford and Chev engines have the distributor at the front of the engine, whilst the HMS engine has it tucked up near the firewall!

2ndclasscitizen
09-23-2005, 11:37 PM
the problems aren't them breaking, its that they upset the way the weight was distributed from one to the other