PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Dynasty Company?

sandwich
02-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Along with some of my other best of threads...which company (and why) do you think has the greatest dynasty? I mean good cars, good heritage, good racing, etc.

My vote HAS to go to Ford...although I don't think i'd be caught dead in a taurus by choice, they have made some amazing cars....

gt40, mustang, rs200....

now they're coming back out with the gt, the new mustang, and the cobra...all of which appear to be beautiful and fairly well thought out-true enthusiast cars.

They're racing heritage is rich; ford seems to set out to beat everybody...and sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, but the end product is always pretty nice.

They also have been around since what...1904 or something like that? Henry Ford was a pioneer.

I know somebody will say ferrari here....but ferrari's cars are expensive for what you get...they make great cars, but they don't make them cheap. They also don't make anything but expensive cars, so I've got to give the nod to ford. Ferrari has a rich racing heritage but that seems like it to me.

I know this thread may stir up some controversy...so let's hear it.

Batmobile_Turbo
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
i think mercedes, i don't want to go into why because i feel lazy at the moment and there would be a long post to type and read. :o

crisis
02-08-2004, 10:45 PM
My vote HAS to go to Ford...although I don't think i'd be caught dead in a taurus by choice, they have made some amazing cars....

I read in a history of Holden, Australian subsidary of GM, that GM actually made Henry an offer for Ford when GM was busy buying as many manufacturers as it could. Henry refused the offer of course and automotive history went along its merry way. Imagine if he had said yes.