PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Charger Experience

Cotterik
09-25-2005, 09:40 AM
This popped up on an advert banner and i thought it was pretty good. Lets you explore the whole car and watch a few videos. Check it out

http://www.dodge.com/charger/?pid=11697671&adid=20415492&rid=12112372

zeppelin
09-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Cool site, I especially liked the music on it.

DodgeInfoCenter
09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!
Has anyone heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com)? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com) for more details.

Thanks for your time,

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE/1-800-423-6343
www.Dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com)
[email protected]

scottie300z
09-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Are you part of the same team that did the whole hemi engine contest where people were asked to come up w/ different things to add a hemi to that would improve them?

And i have another question, Why should i buy a new dodge charger over say a ford mustang? Those mustangs, they are pretty special. And why four doors? would there be a two door version by chance coming soon? you know for the people who like more sporty cars?

taz_rocks_miami
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi Muguel,

I'm Hector A.K.A. Taz around here. I'm one of the moderators. I'm sure some of our members will have questions and comments for you. Just one thing, please refrain from directly advertizing Dodge on the forum. We consider that spam and it will get deleted. I mention this since you work for Dodge's advertizing arm and might be inclined to do so. But if you want to spend some of Dodge's advertizing budget on UCP, I'm sure Wouter (the owner of the site) will be more than happy to accomodate you. :)

Welcome to UCP, hope to see you become an active member. :) As far as the Charger goes...since I grew up with muscle cars, I was appaled at Dodge's decision to name a 4 door car the Charger. As you well know, the original Charger was a coupe.

DodgeInfoCenter
09-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi Muguel,

I'm Hector A.K.A. Taz around here. I'm one of the moderators. I'm sure some of our members will have questions and comments for you. Just one thing, please refrain from directly advertizing Dodge on the forum. We consider that spam and it will get deleted. I mention this since you work for Dodge's advertizing arm and might be inclined to do so. But if you want to spend some of Dodge's advertizing budget on UCP, I'm sure Wouter (the owner of the site) will be more than happy to accomodate you. :)

Welcome to UCP, hope to see you become an active member. :) As far as the Charger goes...since I grew up with muscle cars, I was appaled at Dodge's decision to name a 4 door car the Charger. As you well know, the original Charger was a coupe.

Hi there Taz and Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on the 2006 Dodge Charger! I myself, have had the chance to see one in person and I noticed that some of the contours of the original still remain present. For example, the bulge on the rear quarter panel for the new Charger highly resembles that of the one in the 1970's and the front of the vehicle has also retained it's menacing look; something that a muscle car should most definitely have.

One of the main reasons why the 2006 Dodge Charger was released a 4 door sedan rather than the original 2 door Chargers of the 1970's is because it replaced the Dodge Intrepid as Dodge's large sedan.

Another thing to note is that the Dodge Charger was re-designed with an important goal in mind: The successful coupling of timeless power engineering, in the way of the available 5.7L HEMI V8 (340/350 hp) and the 6.1L HEMI V8 (425 hp), together with the contemporary demand for utility. Join these two together and you get a powerful combination (pun intended) of legendary muscle with the capabilities of a family vehicle.

As of now, we have yet to receive any information regarding any plans to produce the new Charger as a 2 door. However, with constantly shifting market trends, I wouldn't discount the possibility of it being offered as a 2 door in the future.

If you guys have any other comments or questions, by all means post away. I'd be more than happy to help...

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE(6343)
www.dodge.com
[email protected]

Prius
09-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi i'm Tony, AKA Prius.

I liek the whole muscle revial thing, espically with the daytona model, but I'm just wondering why Chrysler wanted to abondon the whole cab-foward thing they spent years on and intriguated into every model they offered and went back to a classic design.

whiteballz
09-27-2005, 07:08 PM
hello, sam aka whiteballz -

good to see a dodge advertiser on UCP. good information dude :)
What sort of market is the charger trying to fill? youve said large sedan, but what niche target?

GT F1
09-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey Muguel,
First of all: welcome to UCP. Now my question: is Dodge going to make a coupe version of the Charger?
-GT_F1

Rockefella
09-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey Muguel,
First of all: welcome to UCP. Now my question: is Dodge going to make a coupe version of the Charger?
-GT_F1 Here's the answer:

Hi there Taz and Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on the 2006 Dodge Charger! I myself, have had the chance to see one in person and I noticed that some of the contours of the original still remain present. For example, the bulge on the rear quarter panel for the new Charger highly resembles that of the one in the 1970's and the front of the vehicle has also retained it's menacing look; something that a muscle car should most definitely have.

One of the main reasons why the 2006 Dodge Charger was released a 4 door sedan rather than the original 2 door Chargers of the 1970's is because it replaced the Dodge Intrepid as Dodge's large sedan.

Another thing to note is that the Dodge Charger was re-designed with an important goal in mind: The successful coupling of timeless power engineering, in the way of the available 5.7L HEMI V8 (340/350 hp) and the 6.1L HEMI V8 (425 hp), together with the contemporary demand for utility. Join these two together and you get a powerful combination (pun intended) of legendary muscle with the capabilities of a family vehicle.

As of now, we have yet to receive any information regarding any plans to produce the new Charger as a 2 door.

However, with constantly shifting market trends, I wouldn't discount the possibility of it being offered as a 2 door in the future.

If you guys have any other comments or questions, by all means post away. I'd be more than happy to help...

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE(6343)
www.dodge.com
[email protected]

GT F1
09-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Here's the answer:
Whoops. Sorry. :o

DodgeInfoCenter
09-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Whoops. Sorry. :o

Hello guys,

Thanks for the replies!
Prius,
The cab forward design hasn't necessarily been abandoned. In essence, what Dodge has done is bring back the RWD configuration for the purpose of maintaining stability in vehicles - like the Dodge Charger and the Dodge Magnum - which are tailored for performance. As you may or may not know, a vehicle with a powerful engine if manufactured with a cab forward design or FWD during first gear, will have a tendency to fishtail. To prevent this, Dodge reintroduced the RWD configuration and coupled it with the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) to ensure maximum control during the initial gear launch.

whiteballz,
The target market majority is for males (65%) college
graduates with a mean age of 46, and a mean annual
income of around $75,000. Most are married (65%) and
half have children. They may prefer the sporty look
of a coupe, but often need the backseat roominess and
four-door convenience of a sedan. They want a vehicle
that looks great and stands out from the crowd. Additionally,
they insist that any car they drive have the power and
performance to deliver on the looks — making them perfect
prospects for Dodge Charger. The niche target is for previous Charger owners/enthusiasts.

If anyone has any other questions, by all means...it would be my pleasure to be of assistance...

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
www.Dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com)
[email protected]

pAinTrAin
09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
After seeing the Daytona in person I have come to like this car a lot, even though im a GM guy. But if I was going to buy one it would be the 425HP STR8 version:D

henk4
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
The UCP team used a Charger SE as a rental car during our visit to the Monterey happenings last August. Taking into account a selling price of about 23-24k US$ that looks like a favourable offer. In absolute terms we were not that impressed with the car, the quality of the materials is mediocre at best, and the low price really shows. In other words it is a cheap car. The 3.5 litre V6 is supposed to produce 250 BHP but with the autobox and a full complement of three persons with luggage and cameras not much of that was left to make the car move forward enthusiastically. Steering was a bit vague around the middle position, in spite of the fact that RWD construction allows razor sharp steering if required. I have to say that the car drew a lot of attention, especially when we took a it for a photoshoot near the Golden Gate Bridge.
The similar sized Chrysler 300D is offered now in Europe with a 3.2 litre 224 BHP Mercedes V6 diesel engine, which, according to the first recorde driving makes it comparable to the hemi powered version. The Charger would surely benefit from such an engine too, especially as the mileage would be much better too. Apparently that is now going to be a major factor in the USA as well, finally.

09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
i hate to say this, but taz said that advertising is spamming yet you did it twice more

DodgeInfoCenter
10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Hello there guys,
It's me again from the Dodge Info Center. I was just wondering, how many of you guys have had a chance to check out the Unleash Your Freak sweepstakes on the Dodge website? I also wanted to inform you guys of a contest that Dodge is currently running. It's called the HEMI Guy contest and it is geared to any of you Dodge freaks who would like a chance to appear in your very own Dodge commercial! Again without having to buy a thing!

Check it out...

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 22

Wanna be a 'HEMI(R) Star'? Dodge Announces National Talent Search for New HEMI Guy Who Will Co-Star in Ad Campaign to Launch the New 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
* Deadline for entries is Oct. 8, 2005
* New HEMI Character to Co-star in National Television Campaign for the
New 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup Truck

Dodge brand today announced "HEMI Star," a national talent search for a new "HEMI Guy or Gal" to co-star in a national advertising campaign that will launch the new 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup Truck.
"With a take rate of 60% for Dodge Ram 1500, HEMI has become a brand within our brands," said Steven Landry, Vice President, Dodge. "Our commercials and this engine continue to resonate with consumers."
The talent search officially kicks off with print advertising on
September 26 and will feature Jon Reep, HEMI Guy No. 1 -- best known for his famous, "That thing got a HEMI?" line. Reep's picture will be placed next to a cutout white space where his ex-side-kick once stood that reads, "YOU ARE
HERE."
Two versions of the ad will run in national and local publications and promote open casting calls throughout the country at various events. For a list of audition locations, information on the competition, and where audition tapes can be mailed, visit http://dodge.com/hemistar , which launches on Friday, September 30. All entries must be postmarked by Oct. 8, 2005.
Print advertisements will be followed by a 30-second television spot where only HEMI Guy No. 1 appears. Titled "Carrier," the ad breaks in mid-October and is the launch spot for the new 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The commercial lets consumers know what happened to HEMI Guy No. 2, whose signature line was
"Sweeet."
"We are looking for a co-star that has a real passion for Dodge, Dodge trucks and HEMI engines," said Landry.
"Carrier" will air as candidates for the new HEMI Star are narrowed down through voting on http://dodge.com/hemistar . In late October, HEMI Star finalists will be posted on the HEMI Star Web site where consumers will have
the opportunity to vote, narrowing the candidates down to two. In early
November, the top two candidates will be posted on the site and an event where
HEMI Guy No. 1 will choose his own new co-star will follow. Details of the event will be announced at later date.
Two additional 30-seconds television spots will be created for the launch of the new vehicle and feature the new HEMI Star character.
The original HEMI Guys appeared in their first commercial, "Muscle," (10/02) to launch the 2003 Ram Heavy Duty Pickup. Since then, five additional commercials featuring the two HEMI loving characters have aired: "Beef Jerky"
(01/03), "Revenge" (02/03), "HEMI To Go" (10/03), "Convoy (10/04), and
"Wishful Thinking" (12/04).
Advertising that has included the HEMI Guys has achieved some of the highest scores across all advertising categories tested by Millward Brown, a
market research consultancy that has copy tested more than 34,000 ads worldwide and had done advertising related research for 70 of the Top 100 US advertisers.

* Awareness Index or the ability to get notices and break through the clutter
"HEMI to Go" Top 1% ever tested
"Muscle" Top 5% ever tested
"Convoy" Top 8% ever tested
"Wishful Thinking" Top 8% ever tested

* Persuasion Score or the ability to build consideration
"HEMI" Top 5% ever tested
"Muscle" Top 12% ever tested
"Wishful Thinking" Top 15% ever tested

The HEMI and the tag lines "Hey, that thing got a HEMI?" and "Sweeet" have also worked their way into pop culture appearing in syndicated cartoons, as clues for crossword puzzles and on licensed goods.

About Dodge Brand
As one of America's best-known brands, Dodge creates exceptional driving experiences with bold, powerful, street smart and do more vehicles, including the Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Ram, Dodge Caravan, and the Dodge Charger. From performance to commercial vehicles, Dodge cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans offer affordable performance.
With a U.S. market share of approximately seven percent, Dodge is the fifth-largest nameplate in the United States. In 2004, Dodge sold more than
1.4 million vehicles worldwide. Dodge continues to lead the minivan market segment with a 20 percent U.S. market share and maintains an 18 percent share
of the highly competitive truck market.
For more information on Dodge and its products, visit www.dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Freak_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/charger)

Regards,

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE/ 1-800-423-6343
www.dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Freak_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/charger)
[email protected]

Prius
10-02-2005, 01:55 PM
everybody spam now!

spam, spam spam spam spam.

but I got a question, what made you abondon the Pentastar logo, and limit it to repairbills and the glass of teh cars?

Esperante
10-02-2005, 02:04 PM
i hate to say this, but taz said that advertising is spamming yet you did it twice more
As much as he is spamming he is indulging us in some very pertenant information, and it's not the type of spamming in which we get 'direk rim from China! go to http://wdahkdghkjad.cah...' It's actually kind of nice to have someone who knows the car inside out to be telling us about it.

henk4
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Dear Miguel,

your latest contribution came very close to being spam, and it is even more annoying because you did not take the trouble to reply to comments made by somebody who actually drove a Charger, because that was what you wanted to find out in this thread. I suggest you replace your last post with something serious otherwise I am afraid your contributions will no longer be tolerated.

DodgeInfoCenter
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Apologies on the behalf of Miguel. We are rather new at this so we are learning as we go. My name is Dan and I’m filling in for Miguel while he’s on vacation.

Your concerns with the Charger SE are surely noted, large sedans and SUV’s feel underpowered in the lowest trim class. This holds true for the industry in general, the SE is still a good car as long as your realistic. For 23K we feel its a good buy for consumers looking for a safe dependable vehicle.

The Charger is certainly no feather weight either, the vehicle alone weights in at a hefty 3800lbs. Add in a few passengers and luggage and the 250hp 3.5L V6 really has to work to get the vehicle to move. It could be the reason so many chargers have been sold with the Hemi power plant (70%).

The Hemi provides a really good performance boost without many drawbacks. In these days of "pain at the pumps" the V6 bests the V8 by small 2mpg margin all thanks to MDS. (V6 = 19city / 27hw, V8 = 17city / 25hw).

The 300 and Charger exist on the same platform; many components are interchangeable between models including drive train components. It’s possible that the Mercedes Turbo Diesels may have a place under the hoods of the DCX vehicle family, but at this point we haven’t received word. Unfortunately, Diesel Engines in North America still retain the dirty, noisy, polluting stigma attached to the diesels of the past.

Although in time, high(er) fuel prices may change the minds of many.

Once again id like to apologize, if I missed anyone’s questions please feel free to post them again, PM me or email us directly.

Cheers,

Dan
Marketing Representative, Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343)
[email protected]

DodgeInfoCenter
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Well guys,

For those of you interested in winning an all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 through the Unleash Your Freak (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Freak_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com) contest on the Dodge website, this is just a reminder that the final time to enter to win is tomorrow, October 18, 2005 at exactly 1pm ET . This - fifth - entry period begins at 1:00pm ET and ends at 2:00pm ET. Just remember, that if you don't win the Charger, you can still enter the Hemistar (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Hemistar_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/hemistar) contest for your chance to star in one of Dodge's new ad campaigns for the Dodge Ram! All you need to do to win is prove, in one minute, that you have the HEMI-ability to be the new HEMI Guy/Gal #2! See the above link for full rules & eligibility.

Good luck to all who participate!

Take care,
Dan
[email protected]

Prius
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
no offense, but I have a funny feeling that the Charger will be a flop, heres why, you said that the Charger is aimed at middle aged to the older market, but the advertising makes it seem like it is aimed at the youth market, and if it is, the price is too high for the youth to afford. Also, many fans who would want the Charger, were put off by it's 4 doors, as they preferred a coupe (which will happen with the Challenger) and also, fuel mileage, since Gas is about to hit $3 a gallon, a car gets the late teens in fuel mileage will not be very popular as many people were wanting fuel efficient cars, even if it is a used Baretta. But I feel the the 300 C will be a roaring success because it fits into Chrysler's lineup with it's mini Rolls Royce styling, while the Charger stands out like a sore thumb.

EDIT: fixed grammer

henk4
10-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Apologies on the behalf of Miguel. We are rather new at this so we are learning as we go. My name is Dan and I’m filling in for Miguel while he’s on vacation.
The 300 and Charger exist on the same platform; many components are interchangeable between models including drive train components. It’s possible that the Mercedes Turbo Diesels may have a place under the hoods of the DCX vehicle family, but at this point we haven’t received word. Unfortunately, Diesel Engines in North America still retain the dirty, noisy, polluting stigma attached to the diesels of the past.

Although in time, high(er) fuel prices may change the minds of many.

Hi Dan, thanks for jumping in for Miguel, I have to admit that I got a bit annoyed for receiving no real response.
When at the Frankfurt motorshow I found an interesting piece of information regarding the Mercedes 320CDi (Available in the USA I think for 50,000 US$ or twice the price of the Charger) which has the same engine that is now fitted into the 300CD in Europe. I have posted the info, but it is german. However what it boils down to is that 3 standard cars did 100,000 miles in 30 days with an average speed of almost 225 kph on the Laredo oval. A couple of days later the same cars covered 1000 miles between Laredo and Tallahassee using less than 5 liter of fuel per km. (47 mpg).
What the sign does not say is of course how fuel was consumed during the record drive, and also not what the average speed was over the 1000 miles, but you can see that the potential for diesel engine (with particulate filters of course) is there.

If you search the web for Mercedes Diesel and Laredo you will be able to find the full story in English.

nota
10-18-2005, 04:14 AM
no offence, but I have a funny feeling that the Charger will be a flop, heres why, you said that the Charger is aimed at middle aged to the older market, but the advertising makes it seem like it is aimed at teh outh market, and if it is, the price is too high for the youth to afford.
Ah but you've forgotten one of the maxims within automotive marketing ..

it's easy to sell a young man's car to older men, but not the other way around

DodgeInfoCenter
10-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Dan, thanks for jumping in for Miguel, I have to admit that I got a bit annoyed for receiving no real response.

Thanks for the replies guys, and thank you all for participating!

And remember, you still have the opportunity to enter the Hemistar (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Hemistar_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/hemistar) contest. If you are interested, check out the link!

Henk4,
My sincere apologies for not responding to your comments regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger, I was carrying out an assigned task and unfortunately overlooked your comments. I'm looking forward to communicating with you in the future.

Regards,

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
[email protected]

henk4
10-19-2005, 02:08 PM
you must be embarrassed to make the same post twice:D

DodgeInfoCenter
10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
you must be embarrassed to make the same post twice:D

That's hysterical. So much for the edit function. But you get my drift.
As an aside, do you happen to have more questions/comments regarding the Charger, the contest(s), etc..? I'd be glad to help out.

Talk to you soon,

Miguel M.

clutch-monkey
10-19-2005, 04:46 PM
will they be sold in RHD in Australia?

DodgeInfoCenter
10-20-2005, 06:58 AM
When at the Frankfurt motorshow I found an interesting piece of information regarding the Mercedes 320CDi (Available in the USA I think for 50,000 US$ or twice the price of the Charger) which has the same engine that is now fitted into the 300CD in Europe. I have posted the info, but it is german. However what it boils down to is that 3 standard cars did 100,000 miles in 30 days with an average speed of almost 225 kph on the Laredo oval. A couple of days later the same cars covered 1000 miles between Laredo and Tallahassee using less than 5 liter of fuel per km. (47 mpg).
What the sign does not say is of course how fuel was consumed during the record drive, and also not what the average speed was over the 1000 miles, but you can see that the potential for diesel engine (with particulate filters of course) is there.

If you search the web for Mercedes Diesel and Laredo you will be able to find the full story in English.

Hello henk4,

I have read that article on our media site previously, for all those who cannot read German here is a similar version here:
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050502.003/mercedes/1.html

Like I said before, the current problem plaguing diesel engines is the United States is the stigma associated with them. Unfortunately the majority of people still regard Diesel engines as loud and dirty despite the engineering advancements which have been made them anything but. With the newest generation of particulate filters, the 320CDI engines pass even the world’s strictest Californian CARB regulations.

Unfortunately at this time, we don’t have any information regarding the availability of the Diesel engines in any of the LX vehicles for the 2006 model year. Personally I see a large market for diesel technology. Our partnership with Mercedes Benz gives us the technology to develop fuel efficient, low emission power plants for our next generation of vehicles. With rising North American gas prices and our effort to lower oil consumption, consumers will hopefully open to diesels the way Europe has for decades.

will they be sold in RHD in Australia?

In regards to the Australian availability of DaimlerChrysler vehicles, you would have to contact the DiamlerChrysler International assistance center. From our offices, we only have information pertaining to USA vehicle pricing, equipment and availability.

If you wish to contact them you can do so in the following ways

Phone: 1-248-512-7730 - voice mail message, one day business day reply

Thanks for your comments.

Dan
[email protected]

henk4
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Like I said before, the current problem plaguing diesel engines is the United States is the stigma associated with them. Unfortunately the majority of people still regard Diesel engines as loud and dirty despite the engineering advancements which have been made them anything but. With the newest generation of particulate filters, the 320CDI engines pass even the world’s strictest Californian CARB regulations.

Catch 22 again, if you don't present the new things to the people, they will always keep their prejudice. :) May be you should start to bring over the Chrysler 300 Diesel.

DodgeInfoCenter
10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Catch 22 again, if you don't present the new things to the people, they will always keep their prejudice. :) May be you should start to bring over the Chrysler 300 Diesel.

I agree completely, I believe the time is ripening for Diesel technology in North America. DiamlerChrysler has have been slowly testing the market reception to Diesel engines. The Dodge Ram and Jeep Liberty Diesel have proven to be great successes. 2007 may signal the release a 2.0L Turbo Diesel being offered in the upcoming Caliber. (Currently scheduled to only be released in Europe)

Plans may be in the works but unfortunately I do not have model information beyond the 2006 lineup at this time. In the coming years it is very possible that you may see more and more models being offered with a diesel option. With enough consumer demand and appropriate customer reaction there may be a sufficient demand to justify an offering.

Personally I would love to see a Diesel power plant offered in the LX lineup. It would provide a good middle ground between the 3.5L HO V6 and the 5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS. I am sure there are many others out there that could take advantage of the savings a diesel would provide.

Thanks to everyone, your feedback is an important part of our success.

- Dan

DodgeInfoCenter
11-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Hello again everyone!

I just wanted to remind all of you that Wednesday November 23rd is the day that voting opens up for the next HEMI Star (http://www.dodge.com/hemistar/?pid=Forum&adid=Hemistar_ForumIntervention_Automotive&rid)! Be sure to visit the site to cast your vote!

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343
[email protected]

PrevlingPushrod
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I got to ride in the Dodge Charger Daytona in Go Mango. And it was one of the best ride of my life.

PrevlingPushrod
11-27-2005, 08:16 PM
And thats all I have to say about that!

henk4
11-28-2005, 02:52 AM
And thats all I have to say about that!

Well, it might help if you could briefly mention the other rides that you have had in your life so far:)

DodgeInfoCenter
12-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Hello all!

A new game has been added to the Dodge Games section on the Dodge website. The name of the game is: Racing for Pinks. The game takes you from urban street races where you begin with the Dodge Charger SE, racing for pink slips and gradually move up in trim level toward the final prize: a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8. Be sure to check out the game by following the link that I have provided below! It's definitely a lot of fun. In the final race, you go head-to-head with another Dodge Charger SRT-8 for drag-strip supremacy!

In addition, be sure to check out Charger Urban Racing!

Dodge Games: Racing For Pinks (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Hemistar_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/games/index.html)

Cheers...

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE(1-800-423-6343)
www.dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Hemistar_ForumIntervention_Automotive&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/)
[email protected]

F1_Master
12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Sup Miguel...Dude, I love the Charger, old and new.

I had the pleasure of driving the SRT-8 model, and props man. Sounds beautiful. Not quite up to a '69;) , but great.
I'd also like to say, I'm a big fan of the whole SRT series.

In my opinion, I like 'em. Nice sounding engines, good amounts of power, nice styles on the body. I've only seen 2
Daytona Chargers and 1 Daytona Ram, but they look pretty cool too.

Keep up the good work.:cool:

JeepInfoCenter
12-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Sup Miguel...Dude, I love the Charger, old and new.

I had the pleasure of driving the SRT-8 model, and props man. Sounds beautiful. Not quite up to a '69;) , but great.
I'd also like to say, I'm a big fan of the whole SRT series.

In my opinion, I like 'em. Nice sounding engines, good amounts of power, nice styles on the body. I've only seen 2
Daytona Chargers and 1 Daytona Ram, but they look pretty cool too.

Keep up the good work.:cool:

Hello F1_Master,

Thanks for the positive feedback! I have yet to get a chance to test drive the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8, but am planning on setting up a test drive relatively soon. As a loyal Dodge Charger enthusiast, can you please let me know what you think of the Dodge Racing for Pinks game!

Regards...

Miguel M.

Newbomb Turk
12-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!
Has anyone heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com)? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com) for more details.

Thanks for your time,

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
[email protected]

Being a long time Mopar guy i can tell this. The fact that all your current "performance cars" barring the Viper are 4 doors just plain sucks. That is all i have to add.

12-19-2005, 11:39 PM
There it was the new dodge charger. I read the curb weight, tapped on the thin walled fiberglass doors, thought of the 0-60, and abandoned all serious considerations of buying one of these pieces of crap. If you wanted to pump out cheap peices of crap and make a lot of money, you did great.

Zondaboy1
12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
are there plans for a two door charger?
take into concideration: a drop top or targa model
that would be completely madd...................
also expand your horizen and sell in South East Asia
American Cars have just started coming in to Singapore (where i used to live) and thats a potentally huge market. ppl with loads of money and little amerian competition. you have to watch out for mercedes beemer and porsche, those are major markets.....
you really should make a drop top version if funding allows...

Pando
12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Lol! So Dodge is just going to sit by and wait for someone else to own the diesel market just "waiting for the right moment". You know when that "moment" is there, in other words when an european/japanese company is making the long awaited diesel-breakthrough, you'll "start developing something" to be released in a year or two. Hehe. And people wonder why the American car industry is in trouble! :D I don't care, since I have no money attached. :) Keeping their money in your company is what your shareholders will think twice about aswell.

Zondaboy1
12-22-2005, 08:11 PM
yes and then there going to make a crappy 'oh snap, we gotta get in this market' concept and there going to make the other guys look way better for the same amount of money
and continue to screw GM up the arse... :p

drakkie
12-23-2005, 04:04 AM
I think this s a good way to get more diesels sold in the US:

First of all, get a well developed,reliable, cheap to run diesel engine in your engine line-up. (Preferably for all models.) Then you should start a MASSIVE marketing campaign. Focus should lay on the higher percentage of efficiency of the diesel engine.I think the petrol engine has 32% and the diesel 45% of max. efficiency at the moment(not sure). Also there should be a sporty car with a diesel engine.Make sure the diesel engine offers about the same performance as the other car. Perhaps giving a diesel-engine-discount helps to break the stigma too. People will automatically think, "hey, it isnt so bad actually". This effect will transfer in the cheaper/family cars. Offcourse, your diesel should be state of the art.

I am only nw to driving cars, but in my driving lessons car, lies a 2.0 l diesel engine. (toyota corolla sedan). Once the car was broken, and i had to drive in a petrol car(also 2.0l i believe). The next week, i was glad that i had the diesl back. It certainly had a better feel. If i floored the throttle,the diesel was faster (atleast it felt this way).

The diesel engine should be in the adverts MASSIVELY to get the initail sales. After then it goes automatically. If dodge is the first company to do this, sales might rise quickly, because you are then the only brand, offering a PROPER line-up of diesels. Make the diesel engine look cool and hip is your guys main task !!!

Good luck in the future,
Sjoerd