PDA

View Full Version : Collection of Gumball 3000 videos

Des
09-28-2005, 06:58 AM
You gotta love google :D

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=gumball&page=1&lv=0

drakkie
09-28-2005, 07:07 AM
I DONT EVEN WANT TO HER ABOUT THIS STUPID EVENT.iT IS DANGEROUS FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE, AS WELL AS FOR THE DRIVERS.In a dutch version, two people got killed, less thn a month ago !

McReis
09-28-2005, 07:20 AM
I DONT EVEN WANT TO HER ABOUT THIS STUPID EVENT.iT IS DANGEROUS FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE, AS WELL AS FOR THE DRIVERS.In a dutch version, two people got killed, less thn a month ago !

I'm with you on that.

drakkie
09-28-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm with you on that.

i find human lives much more important as showing off to complete strangers.

a few years ago i used to be just like him.Luckely i have changed.

furious_fiero
09-28-2005, 08:59 AM

Just cause you are poor and cant afford to buy a sweet car to drive across the country, doesnt mean you cant be happy for other people that can.

McReis
09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Just cause you are poor and cant afford to buy a sweet car to drive across the country, doesnt mean you cant be happy for other people that can.

That was so silly I won't even make a comment. But I guess Drakkie is just a bit over the average inteligence for a guy of it's age.

eros
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
the gumball is realy not stupid. I just love it.
I find it a bit filosophic its a kind of protest against the stupid trafic rules.
Would there be more places you can realy juse your sportcar these kind events wouldn't be held.

Gumball fore ever

Piacki_117
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM

Who can diasagree with that?!

McReis
09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
the gumball is realy not stupid. I just love it.
I find it a bit filosophic its a kind of protest against the stupid trafic rules.
Would there be more places you can realy juse your sportcar these kind events wouldn't be held.

Gumball fore ever

Filosophic? Paying fees is part of the fun for those childish millionaires.
I don't care for a protest that gives reason to those who tighten up the trafic rules. Everytime one of those spoiled guys has a crash, he's justifying the reasons of the rules.
That's a stupid event because it's based on disrespect for authorities. No matter how wrong they could be, that's not the way to disagree.

pterps
09-28-2005, 11:06 AM

And what do you think about Paris-Dakar? Also on public roads, also dangerous for innocent people and drivers. More people have died during dakar than during these events. And Citroen took part in it for several years!

The Quotechallenge is not a race! It's a great trip with great party's and some lovely roads. The winner of the Quotechallenge is not the one that is quickest, last year team Kabouterplop won the challenge, and they were slowest of all. The team that crashed during this years challenge had been warned several times by the organisation for their high speeds, they told them that it wasnt a race!

Dont get me wrong: I agree with you that it's not good when innocent people get hurt during these events! But most of time the drivers are responsible for this and not the organisation! A race like the ultimate rally is something I do have problems with , a total price money for the fastest people during this rally of $ 2.000.000,- !!

http://www.ultimaterally.com/prize.html

McReis
09-28-2005, 11:18 AM
And what do you think about Paris-Dakar? Also on public roads, also dangerous for innocent people and drivers. More people have died during dakar than during these events.

You know you shouldn't call it roads, don't you?
You also know there is an organization that goes ahead of the race days before and on the same day, warning people where the cars will be racing and when. You know these events are made for not more than a couple of years and that there have been already decades of editions of the Dakar, and that's the reason why there were more deaths on Dakar.

magracer
09-28-2005, 11:38 AM
I think this type of events are going to disappear in the short term. For example Spain is very aware of the events, and send massive amounts of Police when they come in. Same with events in the states. More countries will follow.

On their defense, I must say that even though there are plenty of accidents, casualities are not usually the case (most of these people can drive well and don't really want to die). I'm very aware that this doesn't make them any better, but as long as there is people willing to pay, other people will run them. Let's just hope there are no more casualties.

There are events that mix road and track and are legal 100% (road pieces ares not timed and people donīt speed because they are not "life style" events). One Lap of America being one, and Open Track Challenge another. That's where I would go play.

pterps
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
You know you shouldn't call it roads, don't you?
You also know there is an organization that goes ahead of the race days before and on the same day, warning people where the cars will be racing and when. You know these events are made for not more than a couple of years and that there have been already decades of editions of the Dakar, and that's the reason why there were more deaths on Dakar.

Maybe you don't call them roads, but these are roads for the locals. Maybe the organisation does warn people ahead, but there have been several innocent deaths. Dont forget that they are not only racing through desserts but also through villages and on public roads (full throttle!)

Just to give you an idea: The dakar rally started in 1978 and since than:

1982 a child died in Mali.
1983 another child got killed in Mali.
1984 a spectator got killed in Burkina-Faso
1985 a child disapeared under the car of the Japanese driver Kubato (killed)
1988 a woman and a child got killed in Mauritania
1998 accident 2 drivers and 5 people got killed in Mauritania.

I count 11 innocent people in this list (this list is from 2002)!

Most of us grew up with the dakar, it is normal to us. But maybe this is not so normal after all?

And remember I don't try to tell you that these new events are normal but I just want remind everyone that there are more events to think about.

And the ultimate challenge is ridiculous!

rev440
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
"Its not a race its a rally." My dad got invited on the gumball with some of his freinds but he didnt go.

ScionDriver
09-28-2005, 02:09 PM
I think its fun, as long as people people don't get hurt. Even if I did have something against it, I would still want to watch the videos of other stupid people doing it. I am not the one out there.

PininfarinaPIMP
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Im all for cross country racing but if you start putting innocent bystanders at risk then ban those people, you can speed all you want but dont put other people at risk when you do it, and you know these celebrities cant drive the supercars they own...

Cyco
09-28-2005, 08:21 PM
A race like the ultimate rally is something I do have problems with , a total price money for the fastest people during this rally of $ 2.000.000,- !!

http://www.ultimaterally.com/prize.html

UR is being run as a legal race with police controlled roads and will be much safer than some of the other events that take place. The organiser is also requiring a much higher level of driving skill from the particpants than a drivers licence and an expensive car.

As to my feelings about the general group of these events:
If you had the money to buy a car typical of these events, would you?
If you owened a car typical of these events would you drive it? On the road?
If you would drive it on the road, would you be tempted to drive to different locations with friends who have similar taste in cars?
Would you ever be tempted to open the throttle in areas that are safe and mildly exceed the posted speed limit?
When the adrenilan is pumping through the veins do you have the self controll to just stop?

I know my answers to these questions and why I will attend these events in the future. The key is knowing when to lift, and like any activity there will be people who don't know when to stop.