PDA

View Full Version : Citroen meeting in Rozenburg, Holland

henk4
10-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Very regularly the Citroen Club Holland organises its autum meeting very close to the main office of UCP, so we brought a short visit this afternoon. The venue is located in the middle of the Rotterdam Port area.
There were some very interesting cars, such as a Hybrid 2CV, that has been fitted with an additional 7KW electric engine, which can take the car up to 80 kph. It is a fully privately developed system whereby the electric engine and the petrol engine work separately. The electric engine can be engaged when the gearbox is in neutral. A cheap but effective system indeed. The 2CV is proudly sporting the Prius badge too.

Another car that stood out was a single engined 4x4 2CV, a conversion carried out in the UK. Furthermore a CXTurbo2GTi was shown. with a tweaked turbo engine giving around 200 BHP. In the planning are 350 BHP....

A short selection of the cars present are shown here, enjoy.

henk4
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
the 2CV 4x4, and the CX

henk4
10-01-2005, 11:33 AM
a selection of the 2CV's, a Xantia Break with not exactly the right wheels and a BX GTi, with 1000 kg and 125 BHP not the slowest version

henk4
10-01-2005, 11:37 AM
A Citroen DS21 semi-auto, a Dyane 6 (the Bangled version of the 2CV), the eternal HY and finally the XM diesel, a superior long distance cruiser.

Cotterik
10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
enter drakkie with a huge smile on his face.

henk4
10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
enter drakkie with a huge smile on his face.

it is also very close to where he lives :D

Cotterik
10-01-2005, 12:08 PM
it is also very close to where he lives :D

exit drakkie with a hugely annoyed frown on his face

henk4
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
exit drakkie with a hugely annoyed frown on his face

but it continues tomorrow :)

Cotterik
10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
re-enter drakkie wearing a party-boy hat

Rijoh
10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Rusty French garbage :rolleyes:

:p

Piacki_117
10-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Rusty French garbage

Is this an anti-patriotic sentence saying you are right?

Piacki_117
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Furthermore a CXTurbo2GTi was shown. with a tweaked turbo engine giving around 200 BHP. In the planning are 350 BHP....

It would be hard to drive this car. It is a FWD, isn't it?

henk4
10-01-2005, 02:48 PM
It would be hard to drive this car. It is a FWD, isn't it?

it is, I never said the plans were realistic, I just spoke with the owner :D

sunk
10-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Rusty French garbage :rolleyes:

:p
I would rather educate myself first on french cars before making such a poor statement.
btw, where exactly is the UCP office?

drakkie
10-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Very regularly the Citroen Club Holland organises its autum meeting very close to the main office of UCP, so we brought a short visit this afternoon. The venue is located in the middle of the Rotterdam Port area.
There were some very interesting cars, such as a Hybrid 2CV, that has been fitted with an additional 7KW electric engine, which can take the car up to 80 kph. It is a fully privately developed system whereby the electric engine and the petrol engine work separately. The electric engine can be engaged when the gearbox is in neutral. A cheap but effective system indeed. The 2CV is proudly sporting the Prius badge too.

i totally forgot about it :( i have been there for a few times already in the past, together with my father, one of the biggest citroen addicts i know. The 2CV you are talking about is also featured in the last number of the Citroexpert magazine.

henk4
10-02-2005, 02:19 AM
I would rather educate myself first on french cars before making such a poor statement.

In Rozenburg, Holland

Spastik_Roach
10-02-2005, 02:32 AM

Don't worry, Rijoh was just joking.

And the UCP office is located on Jupiter :D

drakkie
10-02-2005, 02:36 AM
i have made preparations to go to this show thi afternoon.I will go by bike to there.It will be quite a long ride, but i should be ok :) i promise i will take a lot of pictures for all you guys :D

quattro_20v
10-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Is this an anti-patriotic sentence saying you are right?

He isnt really being serious

henk4
10-02-2005, 05:39 AM
i have made preparations to go to this show thi afternoon.I will go by bike to there.It will be quite a long ride, but i should be ok :) i promise i will take a lot of pictures for all you guys :D

we went there together, but the abysmal weather made many of the participants leave early, so we were back within ten minutes. Here are some impressions of this afternoon, look at the threatening skies in some of the pics. Today there was a superb Ami8, a DSBreak towing a tiny caravan, and a Visa Commerciale, fitted with a turbo diesel engine and a very open exhaust. Finally a LWB version of the HY is shown, serving as a camper.

UCP's Xantia sneaks in at some of the pics as well :D