PDA

View Full Version : Valmet Zerone

dydzi
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Inspired by the classical GT cars of the 1960s and '70s, the design of the Zerone combines nostalgic tall front wings and soft flanks with modern graphic lines to produce a compact four-seat convertible which combines sporty driving experience with reassuring safety features.

The Zerone stands out at first sight because of the styling of the roof. The construction solutions of the innovative soft top concept offer a number of significant advantages over older solutions.

The wide rear window brings an appreciable improvement in rear visibility in comparison to current traditional open top cars. Attached to rigid bow, the glass rear window helps make the whole top sturdier. The robust roof design adds emphasis to safety and enables installation of accessories, such as cargo carriers.

The roof mechanism of the Zerone has fewer bows than current five-bow concepts. This results in a significant reduction of cycle time and very competetive manufacturing costs.

dracu777
10-03-2005, 12:31 PM
What year is this concept from?

Revo
10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
What year is this concept from?
It was presented in 1999

dracu777
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
It was presented in 1999
Thanx. I remember seeing it a couple of years ago in Auto Katalog, but I don't think I still have that issue.

GT F1
10-03-2005, 01:41 PM
It reminds me of an elise.