PDA

View Full Version : We need HTML code in the forum

Swissbeatz
02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
I have visited others forums and they all have HTML code. So I'm wondering why don't we have HTML code available on UtimateCarPage? I think the forum will become more funny, more smileys, better signature with pictures and more...

That's my point of view, and you what do you think about that?

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I have visited others forums and they all have HTML code. So I'm wondering why don't we have HTML code available on UtimateCarPage? I think the forum will become more funny, more smileys, better signature with pictures and more...

That's my point of view, and you what do you think about that?I'd hope they would ask a few question first ...

Is everyone on broadband ?

HTML code opens up folks to add superfluous 'fluff'. It looks great but doubles the time for a poor dial-up user to access.
I like to hope that a person on dial-up can get a reasonable service from a forum I contribute to.

Does everyone have firewall ?
Does everyone have scripting turned off ?
Does everyone manage cookies ?
Does everyone have ad-blockers ?
Does everyone have pop-up stoppers ?

If you don't asnwer yes to all the above you don't want html code in a forum :)

It's too easy to embed a malicious attack taking advantage of all the holes in MS products !!

Doza
02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
It's too easy to embed a malicious attack taking advantage of all the holes in MS products !!

Matra is a Liar!

What? There are no faults in Microsoft's Products! There is no Blaster Worm. What Illegal Operation?
Truth! (http://www.lickmysweaty.com/truth) Warning, you may not be able to handle the truth.

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Matra is a Liar!
No need to be offensive.
Show me the proof that the PC and HTML code is safe ?

Do you want to give me your IP address and we'll see :)
Unless you have all of the items listed above we could find a way in.
Do you read newsgroups and e-mails with HTML enabled ? If you do, oyou WILL get stung one day. It's the reality of the PC.

Truth! (http://www.lickmysweaty.com/truth) Warning, you may not be able to handle the truth.
Well all that site tells you is the MAC grass isn't any greener.
It's the popularity of the PC that makes it the target.
If the PC is secure, why are MS now placing bounties on virus writers' heads ??
Please do NOT promote a position of security which may mean less knowledgable people have their home computers compromised.
You may know enough to protect yourself, but unless we are honest about the risks then we all suffer the attacks.

Put your petty slurs aside and prove that embedded HTML would be safe....

Doza
02-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Its a joke. Html would be nice, but not practical.

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Its a joke. Html would be nice, but not practical.
It is not funny to call people liars who are trying to help.

Doza
02-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Iraqi Information Minister
What? There are no faults in Microsoft's Products! There is no Blaster Worm. What Illegal Operation?

The information Minister's credibility (http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/) is well known.. if It is stated by he, then it is the opposite of truth.

Doza
02-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Damn the text didnt work in columns.
We could have some simple HTML formatting.... i.e. the table tag. Or put a table function into rich text for situations like this. Only allow a few tags, Table, Anchor, Img, B, I, U, etc... the basics. Ban blink and marquee tags. And javascript. Hmm... the others would overlap rich text... but table would be nice for specs.... vital on a car page.

Matra et Alpine
02-13-2004, 06:15 AM
We could have some simple HTML formatting.... i.e. the table tag. Or put a table function into rich text for situations like this. Only allow a few tags, Table, Anchor, Img, B, I, U, etc... the basics. Ban blink and marquee tags. And javascript. Hmm... the others would overlap rich text... but table would be nice for specs.... vital on a car page.
Good point.
They've added some automatic tag support they could add others which are secure.
no scripting, so safe-ish.
Let's try and come up with the extra html we'd like to see.
Agree with Doza,
1. tables
2. font - let's folks chose fixed ( but maybe limit what size they can make it - that "ally against werty" hurt my esyes :)
3. IMG size - let US control how big it's going to look on screen.
4. List

Those are the ones I think I'd use regularly if they were there.
Any others ?

DasModell
02-13-2004, 04:17 PM
no .. with the img size .. i don;t agree ... 400x400 is maximum ... there're a lot of guys using dial-up ... .. at least. i dont always use broadbadnd :)

Matra et Alpine
02-13-2004, 05:54 PM
no .. with the img size .. i don;t agree ... 400x400 is maximum ... there're a lot of guys using dial-up ... .. at least. i dont always use broadbadnd :)
Depends where they chose to do the iamge re-size rendering.
It could be done server-side.

BUT, good reminder, we don't all have broadband :(

Doza
02-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Good point.
They've added some automatic tag support they could add others which are secure.
no scripting, so safe-ish.
Let's try and come up with the extra html we'd like to see.
Agree with Doza,
1. tables
2. font - let's folks chose fixed ( but maybe limit what size they can make it - that "ally against werty" hurt my esyes :)
3. IMG size - let US control how big it's going to look on screen.
4. List

Those are the ones I think I'd use regularly if they were there.
Any others ?

Marquee/Blink tag would let us know what posts to skip over.