PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked Enzo For Sale

Evil Ewok
02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
OMG, who ever was driving this can't drive worth crap. Why would you be so careless to wreck such an amazing car as the Enzo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459802100&category=6212

Check it out, 250,000 is the first bid. Oh thats good.

werty
02-11-2004, 05:16 PM
if i had the money, i would buy it and fix it, looks to me like it only need body work, good thing the engine isn't in the front of the car

Egg Nog
02-11-2004, 06:40 PM
OMG, who ever was driving this can't drive worth crap. Why would you be so careless to wreck such an amazing car as the Enzo.

You know nothing about this accident, and suddely you're insulting the driver. It could've been any number of things.

See this thread for my opinions:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1792

Evil Ewok
02-11-2004, 07:14 PM
It's my personal opinion to take things how I like to take them, and I fully agree with one of the pre posts on how you shouldn't buy a high performance vehicle that costed over a million dollars and not be able to drive it. These are considered Investments more than anything, and this is pretty degrading. Would you put an enzo, if you had one, in a position where it would be wrecked like that? I don't think i'd be that stupid.
Just my 2cents

Batmobile_Turbo
02-12-2004, 11:21 AM
i don't think ill of this car crash, that is what Ferarris are for; driving and possibly wrecking, but at least you have had fun driving it if you wreck it.

Suka
02-12-2004, 01:27 PM
If the car wasn't so expensive i would have it to put the engine in something outrageously light for a laugh, say a large go-kart for instance, I wouldn't care if it wasn't road legal it would be a track car. What a laugh that would be.

Alfahollic
02-13-2004, 04:24 AM
Notice how they show no side shots of the car, I would say both front strut towers have moved back a couple of cm. My dad and I had just pulled a tower out with en engine winch and a oxy. 15 mm sideways and forward. That would be so tedious trying to get that enzo to drive straight again, couple of mm out and it wil be crabbing down the road. And that carbon fibre wouldnt be cheap to repair either :p

a_ferrari_enzo1
02-14-2004, 06:02 AM
OMG no seriously!! who ever has bad racing experiences SHOULD NOT BUY THIS CAR man seriously a broken enzo for 305k!! hailarious :D

MikeNick
02-20-2004, 10:18 AM
What The Hall Did You Do To It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batmobile_Turbo
02-21-2004, 07:27 PM
What The Hall Did You Do To It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
idiot, he doesn't own it, he is showing us that someone else wrecked it.

Burrito
02-23-2004, 10:39 AM
ehm you all should know that to be ALLOWED to buy an Enzo (by Ferrari that is)
You have to own other ferrari's, can't sell it within a year (I think, might be longer) and you need to have done racing-courses (or whatever)... so most likely this guy could drive, just some stupid accident....

Matra et Alpine
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
ehm you all should know that to be ALLOWED to buy an Enzo (by Ferrari that is)
You have to own other ferrari's, can't sell it within a year (I think, might be longer) and you need to have done racing-courses (or whatever)... so most likely this guy could drive, just some stupid accident....
You're right, but that's only true if you're buying it new from a Ferrari dealer.
There are plenty available if you know who to ask.
My boss had many offers to buy his :)
I think it's only 6 months for the time you must own it - unfortunately can't check with boss as he isn't anymore :)
And the Ferrari driving course is nothing special. You can still be useless at the end of it. We often go to the Glenvargill day at Knockhill for it, they're always willing to let other 'supercars' onto track :)

Batmobile_Turbo
02-27-2004, 11:51 PM
You're right, but that's only true if you're buying it new from a Ferrari dealer.
There are plenty available if you know who to ask.
My boss had many offers to buy his :)
I think it's only 6 months for the time you must own it - unfortunately can't check with boss as he isn't anymore :)
And the Ferrari driving course is nothing special. You can still be useless at the end of it. We often go to the Glenvargill day at Knockhill for it, they're always willing to let other 'supercars' onto track :)
di you get to see it while he was your boss?

Matra et Alpine
02-28-2004, 04:49 AM
di you get to see it while he was your boss?
Yep, I converted him to a trackday fan and we used the local track regularly :)

Photo below is it at Knockhill hairpin.

Engine managmenet onthe car is a "spy in the cab".
At a service the engineer talked him through everything he'd done on a track day. What revs, gears, gearchanges - and then told him that meant it needed more items serviced. The big bill put him off and he sold it and returned to Porsche land.

I found a few other shots of the nice cars at that trackday in 2002, enjoy :)

Burrito
02-28-2004, 05:30 AM
I thought it was more then 6 months... and having gotten several offers to buy it off him isn't the same as being able to buy it somewhere :)

anyway my point was that this probably was some other doing then merely bad driving on the owners side....

Batmobile_Turbo
02-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Yep, I converted him to a trackday fan and we used the local track regularly :)

Photo below is it at Knockhill hairpin.

Engine managmenet onthe car is a "spy in the cab".
At a service the engineer talked him through everything he'd done on a track day. What revs, gears, gearchanges - and then told him that meant it needed more items serviced. The big bill put him off and he sold it and returned to Porsche land.

I found a few other shots of the nice cars at that trackday in 2002, enjoy :)
is it the 360 or the F50? i thought you meant he had an Enzo.

Matra et Alpine
02-28-2004, 01:35 PM
is it the 360 or the F50? i thought you meant he had an Enzo.
Sorry, as I read back to what I posted, I wasn't meaning a specific Ferrari I was trying to bring the purchasing and servicing issues to the fore which is true for ALL new Ferraris.

I wish ( and so did he ) that it was an Enzo :)

Sorry for the confusion.

The other Ferraris we get regularly at track days is a 355 and an F40, which has a beautiful sound, ballistic handling ( great at launch, hellish at turning under driver control ) and absolutely awful build quality ( engine apart )

You've seen the F40, here's the 355 ....

Batmobile_Turbo
02-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry, as I read back to what I posted, I wasn't meaning a specific Ferrari I was trying to bring the purchasing and servicing issues to the fore which is true for ALL new Ferraris.

I wish ( and so did he ) that it was an Enzo :)

Sorry for the confusion.

The other Ferraris we get regularly at track days is a 355 and an F40, which has a beautiful sound, ballistic handling ( great at launch, hellish at turning under driver control ) and absolutely awful build quality ( engine apart )

You've seen the F40, here's the 355 ....
the awful build quality of ferarris is why you have a Diablo to race against :p
nice pics

Matra et Alpine
02-28-2004, 06:12 PM
the awful build quality of ferarris is why you have a Diablo to race against :p
nice pics
Here's another of the Diablo.
that's all I have of it as I was out on the first session and he dumped it in the gravel and had already packed it away in it's trailer and gone home by the time I came off the track .
Guess he wasn't up for being asked how come a pillock earns enough to afford a Lambo :)