PDA

View Full Version : Violence in Iraq

crisis
02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I am currently being deafened by the silence of people protesting the killing of innocent people in Iraq. I know your out there. Every day during the US attack on the Husseins regime you came out and pointed out the deaths of those caught up in the conflict. I know this is different. This is Iraquis killing their own. Killing the people who want to help form a police force or join the military and help build the new country. I suppose that no "civillians" are being killed by accident by the undoubtably well planned and surgical car bomb attacks. There is more noise being made about the fact that no chemical or biological weapons have been found. The Japanese authorities have just found a stock pile of these type of weapons that dated back to WWII in their own counrty. Took em a while. They may not ever be found in Iraq. He may have used them all already. But its time for the hypocrites to try and give themselves some credibility. I'll start. " Stop the senseless murder in Iraq".

NAZCA C2
02-12-2004, 07:36 PM
The people of Iraq must learn that they have to help themselves. The terrorists that are killing Iraqis and coalition forces everyday are operating in Iraq and the Iraqis are letting them. If the Iraqi people don't want anymore violence they must stop letting the terrorists carry out bombings and other terrorist activities.

crisis
02-12-2004, 09:54 PM
The people of Iraq must learn that they have to help themselves. The terrorists that are killing Iraqis and coalition forces everyday are operating in Iraq and the Iraqis are letting them. If the Iraqi people don't want anymore violence they must stop letting the terrorists carry out bombings and other terrorist activities.
I think that is probably the intention of all of those who are joining the police and military. It is a little difficult if you get killed in the recruiting office.

Misho
02-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Sorry for being late to this thread, i was kinda waiting for more responses before i can start discussing with all of you. anyways, i am a bit puzzled by Nazca's post.

yes the iraqis must learn to help themselves, although that will take some substantial periods of time. in the meantime, international peace keeping forces (not only american) and humanitirian aid efforts have to be key players.

yes the so-called terrorists are operating from inside iraq. the country is currently devestated and is just a big mess with total chaos and no control. unlike the situation saddam enforced (not saying it was good either). a small fraction might aid terrorism, but i am sure that the vast majority of iraqis would love to see their oil rich country prosper once again. it is a very dangerous accusation to say that iraqis are "letting" terrorism happen. most western people are under that impression because of the unhappiness of the iraqi people towards the US troops there. even if it means better conditions for the people, no one wants someone else controlling their land and lives for no good reason other than to use their resources for his own benefit.

as for that last sentence in the post, which seems to be poorly stated, it is mentioned that to stop violence, iraqis must stop terrorism. why not say that to stop the violence, the americans should leave the country ??? after all, they are the ones that started that violence.

crisis
02-16-2004, 05:40 PM
as for that last sentence in the post, which seems to be poorly stated, it is mentioned that to stop violence, iraqis must stop terrorism. why not say that to stop the violence, the americans should leave the country ??? after all, they are the ones that started that violence.
NAZCAS post was simplistic but the US did not start the violence. Saddam was organising quite a bit of it himself. If the US left the violence would only stop when one of the violent factions gained power. And then the violence would continue again against those who opposed. Someone let a bomb off outside of a school killing a child. The US military found another unexploded bomb there also. These people are beneath contempt. They will stop at nothing to enforce their will on everyone else. Who would want such people ruling their country. Not me. The US despite its faults and agendas cannot be placed anywhere near the category of these people. I doubt that any Iraquis would want these people to rule them either. That is the question they must address.

Comunista
02-19-2004, 12:35 PM
only reason is cuz they dont have anything to say about the 'killings', because things are better and better every day.

the only straws they're grasping is that we havent found WMD's. someone should get punched for it, but BFD.

crisis
02-19-2004, 04:07 PM
only reason is cuz they dont have anything to say about the 'killings', because things are better and better every day.

the only straws they're grasping is that we havent found WMD's. someone should get punched for it, but BFD.
How is bombs going off near schools getting better.

Comunista
02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
How is bombs going off near schools getting better.

the terrorists getting ever-more desparate for recruits is one sign. and the fact that after they bomb a police department, their lists are filled w/ people who want to be new recruits.