PDA

View Full Version : GT5 HD Video Preview

sleekeywoowoo
10-05-2005, 09:00 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7699&type=wmv

Found this today whilst looknig into GT5 *said to be released 2007* and personally I think it looks amazing. The fact that they'll have more than 6 cars per race now is something I've wanted in the series since GT3. Glad they're doing it.

Hope she aint a repost.

Zytek_Fan
10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
The cars in it look awesome. I'll have PS3 by then

Vaigra
10-06-2005, 04:46 AM
new to me. *Thumbs up*

denisvn93
10-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Called Vision Gran Turismo,the producer is considering complex crash simulating and realistic damage modeling to cars.

Dino Scuderia
10-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Called Vision Gran Turismo,the producer is considering complex crash simulating and realistic damage modeling to cars.

That's because Forza has it, it's a major league competition now.

CSL
10-06-2005, 11:40 AM

i really dont get why so many people have a fetish for damage, instead of damage have more tracks, changeable weather, other factors in racing that will make it much more challenging. Damage will be shit if the A.I isint good enough.

sleekeywoowoo
10-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I dont mind the no damage in GT right now, I saythere should be more weather changes and stuf flike that,and for 24 hour races have like the sun come up and down and all that funky jaz. But for damage,I'd personally jsut like to see damage to body panels, but not like effecting performance cause what if you have your first car,you total it,cant run. BAMN. you're screwed. But damage is just foolish. Real cars dont get damaged.:)

CSL
10-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I dont mind the no damage in GT right now, I saythere should be more weather changes and stuf flike that,and for 24 hour races have like the sun come up and down and all that funky jaz. But for damage,I'd personally jsut like to see damage to body panels, but not like effecting performance cause what if you have your first car,you total it,cant run. BAMN. you're screwed. But damage is just foolish. Real cars dont get damaged.:)

it wouldve been cool doing down mulsane in the dark while its pouring

10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
make it for PC!!! ok thats never gonna happen, but i can dream!

Rockefella
10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
it wouldve been cool doing down mulsane in the dark while its pouring
Or going through wooded-corners at the Nurburgring with the Audi R8 at 2:00 A.M. It'd be even cooler if you could have races with snow/lightning/etc.

suzq044
10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
but see.. if you have damage, it makes it more fun to knock people off the road when you're bored :D lol [also maybe a 24hr race, that actually changes lighting.. night setting->day setting etc, depending on the time the PS2 is set at]

CSL
10-06-2005, 06:25 PM
but see.. if you have damage, it makes it more fun to knock people off the road when you're bored :D lol [also maybe a 24hr race, that actually changes lighting.. night setting->day setting etc, depending on the time the PS2 is set at]

it dosent even need to be a 24 hour race, Laguna Seca has its ALMS start in the day and go into the night.

damage might be more fun when u are bored but id rather have tracks like Spa, Sebring, Road America, id love to have the option to choose what time of day and waht type of weather u wanna race in.

deffenbaugh03
10-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure this is just GT4 with bumped up PS3 graphics. That's why its called Gran Turismo Vision, note the Vision. That's because it's just showing you a vison into the furture of upcoming Gran Turismo's. GT5 is not that far in development. And this video was posted on ucp before BTW.

I don't care about crash damage either. I mean yes of course it happens in real life but that is not the most important thing about racing. Perfect the physics, get more cars, tracks, things like that. They are so much more worth the time than modeling all the cars to crash, besides since gran turismo's creator expects practically perfection they would probably have to go out and crash test cars to model their crashing characteristics correctly. And that would take too much time. Beside's you should'nt be crashing anyway :p

F1_Master
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually Vision Gran Turismo is the name of a video, not a game or anything else.

Kazunori Yamauchi is currently working on damage, better AI, 20+ cars, and many other things.
EDIT: As well as cockpit views.
So far, only 2 brand new cars have been seen.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9, and the Gran Turismo covered LMP car from LeMans.

sleekeywoowoo
10-06-2005, 07:39 PM
They sould bring back a bunch of cars from GT3, like venturi and Vector, I'd liek to see them with better graphics.

2ndclasscitizen
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
you can't claim to have the best racing simulator then just be able to punt someone of the track with no reprocusions. If you do that in forza, you get damaged which reduces your winnings at the end, and you'll probably damage your steering, engine or drivetrain when you rear end people and have to pit. It makes it more challenging because you have to try and get round other cars properly

NuclearCrap
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Actually Vision Gran Turismo is the name of a video, not a game or anything else.

Kazunori Yamauchi is currently working on damage, better AI, 20+ cars, and many other things.
EDIT: As well as cockpit views.
So far, only 2 brand new cars have been seen.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9, and the Gran Turismo covered LMP car from LeMans.
Vision Gran Turismo is a project. When it comes out with cockpit views, adaptive weathers, damage models, and more stuffs, this is gonna be killing every other racing simulation game. :D Hopefully they can get a chance to record more car sounds.

CSL
10-06-2005, 09:50 PM
you can't claim to have the best racing simulator then just be able to punt someone of the track with no reprocusions. If you do that in forza, you get damaged which reduces your winnings at the end, and you'll probably damage your steering, engine or drivetrain when you rear end people and have to pit. It makes it more challenging because you have to try and get round other cars properly

its just a game and is meant to be fun

matek
10-07-2005, 01:33 AM
serious driving sims for example "Racer" was so realistic you had to adjust every element when it came to the driving the concentraion u needed not to wipe out was sooooo intense, the speeds where taken into consideration so that you actually had to slow down to get around a corner not like in grand turismo slam on the brakes before folloew the racing line perfectly,

if you want realism thats it to play with your mates you dont want ultimate realism cause you wont have fun you will both end up spinning out on every corner, to have fun you want it to be slightly easier like in grand turismo.

F1_Master
10-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Vision Gran Turismo is a project. When it comes out with cockpit views, adaptive weathers, damage models, and more stuffs, this is gonna be killing every other racing simulation game. :D Hopefully they can get a chance to record more car sounds.
No, its actually not. Vision GT was the 1st video of KY's outlook for GT5.

The next project is Gran Turismo 5.

F1_Master
10-07-2005, 05:18 AM
KY doesn't claim to have the best. His games are more focused on the art of driving all sorts of cars, not crashes.
That's basically why the AI stinks. Because the game is more of driving a car, than anything else.

Dino Scuderia
10-07-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm going to get an Xbox 360 and drive Ferrari's and the Koenigsegg for a while.

I think the damage feature is a good thing, GT4 doesn't penalize you enough, they could at least give you a bumping penalty like they do in the test whenever you're racing. But I don't like the fact that the AI cars can run into you and give you the penalty.

6'bore
10-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I just wet myself.