PDA

View Full Version : Flogged the viper around MAM race track last weekend

early93viper
10-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Had a great time at MAM I have to highly recommend it to anyone in the midwest who hasn't been. It is very safe and fun racetrack. A great track to push the limits on. www.midamericamotorplex.com

There were cones protecting newly laid asphalt that made us miss the apex of turn two. Slowing are times down considerably but I still managed a 1:51 which was a pretty fast time compared to most. I think I was the fastest on on DOT approved tires.

Everyone there was incredibly nice real car guys. And I can’t wait for my next time at MAM :thumbsup:

PICTURES:

10-06-2005, 02:05 PM
sounds like you had a fun time!

rev440
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Is that a Cobra R i see!??!! I hope you had fun ive read some stories about how fast your car is. If you ever need some real competition go down to road atlanta when the mustang track cars go down. My dads freind races his 750 horse musclestang there.

GT F1
10-06-2005, 02:07 PM
nice pics! but before someone else tells you: use the attachment feature

early93viper
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Is that a Cobra R i see!??!! I hope you had fun ive read some stories about how fast your car is. If you ever need some real competition go down to road atlanta when the mustang track cars go down. My dads freind races his 750 horse musclestang there.

There was a full on Mustang track car with slicks that ran a 1:43.9. Even Super cars like ENZOs are going to have a hard time keeping up with purpose built race cars.

Rockefella
10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
nice pics! but before someone else tells you: use the attachment feature
That's what I was about to say. Please post those pictures as attachments, or they'll be deleted. Thanks in advance.

rev440
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah his cars streetable but he runs full slicks. Its a 94 blue mustang reminds me of a lolipop color. Real fast though 347 stroker with all expensive parts and a 9000rpm redline. Hes one hell of a driver too. Is it alot of fun i keep on wanting my dad to take his car out there. Would street slicks help at all in road racing?

early93viper
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Would street slicks help at all in road racing?

I don't know what you mean by STREET slicks. BUT SLICKS MAKE A HUGE DIFFERANCE IN ROAD RACING. Most tracks you can lose 3-6 seconds using slicks compared to a normal tire. Night and Day

johnnynumfiv
10-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I love track days, they are so much fun. DOT slicks do improve times a lot at least in autocrossing.

Esperante
10-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Flagged the Viper across the Milwaukee Art Museum?
Truly beautiful. :)