PDA

View Full Version : Bathust: Murphy and Ambrose

adrenaline
10-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Anyones opinions on what went on there/ whos fault it was??

motorsportnerd
10-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Neither. See the Bathurst 1000 thread in the racing forums for my reasons. Here: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=395549#post395549.

monstaman101
10-09-2005, 03:25 AM
I believe it was mainly ambrose at fault because he was off the racing line and cut others off when he tried to go back to the line i also think that he was driving more agressively because of other events during the day that changed his mood mianly the drive through for his teammate not wearing his balaclava and getting caught not wearing one himself. But thats jus my opinion...

SlickHolden
10-09-2005, 10:46 AM
A bit each way i say they both wanted the same road and didn't want to give in.

TVR IS KING
10-09-2005, 07:16 PM
i thought ambrose turned into murphys path. murphy was on the inside, so what was he to do? id say ambrose is stupid and arrogant, based also on previous rounds.

i didnt see the accident, this is what i heard off a friend

crisis
10-10-2005, 12:01 AM
i thought ambrose turned into murphys path. murphy was on the inside, so what was he to do? id say ambrose is stupid and arrogant, based also on previous rounds.

i didnt see the accident, this is what i heard off a friend
Nice take with second hand info.:confused:
Anyway it looked pretty line ball. I think you can be pretty sure they both wee not going to back off after hearing their after crash summaries. A fair amount of ego was at stake their. Of course winning the ego war hardly makes up for DNF.

SlickHolden
10-10-2005, 12:03 AM
If Ambrose gave way then that move he did would be lost so he had to hold on,
Murphy if he gave way he would have lost the inside line and lost that spot.
So they both lost out big time in the end both didnt want to lose there spots into that corner both could have got up with a chance and they knew it.

motorsportnerd
10-10-2005, 12:57 AM
The Cutting is actually a corner where two cars can go around side by side - I've seen it done in the past. And that's what should have happened this time. However, that requires both drivers to respect each other. And Murphy and Ambrose certainly don't respect each other.

SlickHolden
10-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Yep you got it in one right there no respect between the 2 drivers.

adrenaline
10-10-2005, 04:25 AM
From what I saw, Murphy was the first to make contact with ambrose whilst ambrose was passing him a couple of hundred metres back, then as ambrose was leading on the outside into the corner, murphy was still on the inside and didnt let go. Ambrose had to turn he was getting near the wall and murph should have given him more room or let him completely get away. Murphy tagged him and around they went. Thats what i saw....

In my opinion its murphys fault for sure. Ambrose got past him and murph wasnt anywhere near half way up the side of ambrose he was bearly beside him he just didnt have the speed...im not surprised that he got sour and didnt want to move over...he hates ambrosde and he thinks he owns the mountain.

lol my opinion if its retarded please dont hurt me:)

motorsportnerd
10-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Channel ten showed it from a number of different angles - including the incar camera in Ambrose's car. The driver who appeared most a fault changed depending on the angle shown. The one angle they didn't show, but should have, was the one from the in-car camera in Murphy's car- which been the car behind would've had the clearest view.
Because the fault appeared to change depending on the angle of the camera view, because it is known that Ambrose and Murphy hate each other and don't respect each other, because it IS possible to go around that corner side by side and because of differing views on the concept of "racing room" and about how far up beside the front car the second car has to be before it doesn't have to give way, this one is extremely hard, if not impossible to call fault to either driver.

Colty
10-12-2005, 05:43 AM
IMO I think Murphy should have backed off. Ambrose was almost entirely in front of him, and looking from the replays, it looked like Murphy actually gave Ambrose a small punt in the rear, when he could have easily backed off, he had already lost his position to Ambrose. It was quite daring for Ambrose to overtake on that part of the track though, and looking at the speed, Ambrose would have needed more track than what Murphy gave him to go around that corner without hitting the wall, they couldnt have gone side by side.

SlickHolden
10-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Do V8 supercar drivers ever back off when they have the right line;).
Murphy holds that line he keeps his postion, Ambrose holds he gets murphy by the next turn.
But from the TV i think murphy was just outside the A pillar just.

charged
10-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Mark Larkam's sure of who's fault it was

As I look at my massively damaged race car I can’t tell you how much I wish Murphy accepted that he had lost that corner and either yielded or gave some racing room and we could have avoided the carnage that our team now suffers the consequence of,” said Larkham.

SlickHolden
10-12-2005, 06:18 AM
But there are so many ifs in racing.

I don't think Larkham would ever have acepted he lost a corner in a winning postion never.

charged
10-12-2005, 07:00 AM
But there are so many ifs in racing.

I don't think Larkham would ever have acepted he lost a corner in a winning postion never.
I just feel a bit sorry for Larko, he has'nt got the resources of HRT or 888,personally I think they are both guilty.

SlickHolden
10-13-2005, 12:39 AM
I just feel a bit sorry for Larko, he has'nt got the resources of HRT or 888,personally I think they are both guilty.
Even when he was a driver he had some bloody bad luck.
Now he still has it bad not driving.

nota
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
From what I saw, Murphy was the first to make contact with ambrose whilst ambrose was passing him a couple of hundred metres back, then as ambrose was leading on the outside into the corner, murphy was still on the inside and didnt let go. Ambrose had to turn he was getting near the wall and murph should have given him more room or let him completely get away. Murphy tagged him and around they went. Thats what i saw....

In my opinion its murphys fault for sure. Ambrose got past him and murph wasnt anywhere near half way up the side of ambrose he was bearly beside him he just didnt have the speed...im not surprised that he got sour and didnt want to move over...he hates ambrosde and he thinks he owns the mountain.

lol my opinion if its retarded please dont hurt me:)
Basically thats my take on it too. Also at the last second it looked like Murphy jinked a bit to the right, chose a very wide entry, and into the Ford

Larko's comments are telling

SlickHolden
10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I just seen the incident on foxtel.
Murphy's front wheel hit Ambrose just infront of his rear wheel. It left a big black mark there. So that would put the front of the car about B pillar.
The commentators said Ambrose put in a complaint of Murphy shunting him off.
And Murphy put in a complaint that Ambrose didn't give him enough race room.
They might need to explain the fight after the crash more:p
Murphy had the car speed he just got out of shape at the end of mountain straight hit the curb and jumped right the contact there with Ambrose was very minimal. Skaife and Richards contact was heaver then that.

charged
10-14-2005, 04:13 AM
How steep is that mountain straight, when I was there in 2003, I was f--ked when I got to the top:D

SlickHolden
10-14-2005, 05:27 AM
How steep is that mountain straight, when I was there in 2003, I was f--ked when I got to the top:D
I never got to walk it but it looks like it could go up maybe 50 meters easy:D.
The hill from the campsite was steep enough for me lol:p